Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter.

(CNN) -- A Texas father caught a man sexually assaulting his 4-year-old daughter and punched him in the head repeatedly, killing him, authorities said.

The father was casually acquainted with the alleged abuser, said Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon.

Neither has been publicly identified.

The girl was left inside the family's house during the social gathering, while other members of her family were tending to horses, the sheriff said.

The alleged abuser was known for his horse-grooming abilities, Harmon said.

The father returned to the house, caught the man in the act, and stopped him by striking him in the head several times, Harmon said.

The man was pronounced dead on the scene, while the daughter was taken to a local hospital in Victoria, Texas, for examinations before being released.

The incident took place Saturday.

Harmon described the girl as "OK besides the obvious mental trauma."

Asked whether they would press charges against the father, the sheriff responded, "You have a right to defend your daughter. He acted in defense of his third person. Once the investigation is completed we will submit it to the district attorney who then submits it to the grand jury, who will decide if they will indict him."

Harmon described the dad as "very remorseful," adding that he didn't know the man was going to die.

Authorities were withholding the deceased man's name while they notified next of kin. Officials did not know immediately if he has a prior criminal history.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/11/justic....html?on.cnn=1

----

Awful for him and his daughter to have to go through that. I wouldn't have handled this any differently.

The father would have been arrested and indicted already if this had happened in a liberal state. Glad the girl is ok.

Comment

Good thing this happened in Texas. The father will prob get no billed. I dont believe the father did anything wrong. Props to the sheriff for recognizing defense of a third party.
      Making the streets safer, one donut at a time

Comment

Originally posted by Tmg View Post
        Good thing this happened in Texas. The father will prob get no billed. I dont believe the father did anything wrong. Props to the sheriff for recognizing defense of a third party.

I believe it was already decided that charges would not be filed.

Just as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by TyGB View Post
          (CNN) -- Harmon described the dad as "very remorseful," adding that he didn't know the man was going to die.
          Nope, I would have no remorse. Not even a little bit if that was my daughter.
          “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

Man you have to love Texas....Glad the dad isn't going to get charged

Comment

Originally posted by NYCDep View Post
              Nor would I. Hope there are no charges.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignite View Post
                Nor would I. Hope there are no charges.
                Naww..Thar' won't be "plumpy"....

Bastard got what he deserved.....
                Originally posted by mookster
                Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                Originally posted by CityCopDC
                I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Originally posted by NYCDep View Post
                  +100000000000000

I would have beat him and his corpse until every bone in my hands and arms were broken.
                  Certified troll.

Comment

I would have snapped his neck
                    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who wish us harm." ---George Orwell

Comment

Can't say I would have acted any differently. What a horrible thing for both of them to have to go through; dad, for having to kill a man with his bare hands, and his daughter for both the abuse and then watching her father kill a man.

Comment

There is a reason that the low life criminals even look down and target these people in the prison system. The devil has a special place reserved for this un-named man and his kind in hell, enjoy *** hole.
                        The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

I hate the family had to go through it, but I'm glad there have been no charges filed....hope it stays that way.
                          sigpic

Comment

If I were that dad, I would've shot him in the head (both up top and down below).
                            It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

Get some, pops!
                              NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7672 users online. 376 members and 7296 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X