300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burned officer returns to work today

Jason is a brave man, I have the utmost respect for him and what he has been through.

Burned officer returns to work today
    Judi Villa
    The Arizona Republic
    Nov. 12, 2002 11:50 AM

Phoenix police Officer Jason Schechterle will return to work today, nearly 20 months after he suffered disfiguring burns in an on-duty car crash.

Schechterle, 30, who is still undergoing rehabilitation, will work full time at a desk job in the public information office.

Schechterle said he has been thinking about this day since he woke up from his coma in June 2001. He was burned in March 2001.

"Nothing was going to take being a police officer away from me," Schechterle said. "This is one of the crowning achievements of my recovery, going back to work and doing something productive. Albeit a different road, it's still going to be a very worthwhile career for 20 years."

Story
    More on Jason

Wow! That's really great to hear! I wish him well in everything he does.
    If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

Comment

I remember reading about this on the internet months ago. He showed incredible courage, and I am glad he is doing so well. Lots of people would just sit around the house feeling sorry for themselves (and I am probably one of them). He was lucky to have the support of so many wonderful people.

Comment

Hats off to him. Good Luck to him in all that he does. A real credit to law enforcement. [Wink]
        Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6400 users online. 369 members and 6031 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X