300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Occupy' protester: Week in Chicago jail 'was awesome'

CHICAGO*—*A Los Angeles man in town for anti-NATO demonstrations earlier this month has been cleared of attacking a Chicago Police officer. And he spoke highly Tuesday of his week in Cook County Jail.

"It was awesome," Danny Johnson, 31, said of his incarceration here. "I would not speak badly of my time in Cook County Jail."

Johnson, a member of Occupy Walk USA, said he cherished his time in jail because it gave him a chance to educate inmates about the Occupy movement.

He spent seven days in jail before his friends were able to post 10 percent of his $10,000 bail. During his week, Johnson said he and another Occupy member, who was arrested on a drug charge, had "teach-ins" and sit-ins."

"It sucks because of what I had to go through, but it was also good because it opened a lot of people's eyes about the Chicago Police officers not having integrity," Johnson said.

Prosecutors charged Johnson with punching an officer in the chest after he asked Johnson to move off the street while Johnson spoke out during an anti-deportation protest in the Loop on May 15.

But Johnson, who wore a black shirt that read "unf--- the world" inside out during his bond hearing, said he never touched the officer.

"An officer grabbed me as I was going through the crosswalk and told me I was under arrest," Johnson said.

Cook County Judge Marvin Luckman believed him.

The judge last week dismissed the aggravated battery and obstructing traffic charges, saying there was no "probable cause."

Johnson, who was in Arizona Tuesday, said Luckman "kind of belittled me, and called me all types of names, but after his tirade, he said he wasn't going to send me to jail."

What a dip$hit. Pretty ironic that he accuses officers of not having integrity while he spends a week in a cell for possession and assault.
    Last edited by Street_Cop50; 05-31-2012, 05:50 AM.
    Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

He wasn't charged with a drug charge - another occupy member was.

Comment

I think it's friggin hilarious that it took all his buddies a week to come up with a thousand dollars.
      Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
        I think it's friggin hilarious that it took all his buddies a week to come up with a thousand dollars.
        Some recycling center probably had a record week in aluminum can returns.
        This Space For Rent

Comment

I get what they're doing and (kind of) understand it - but you don't blame the police for the problems. They sure as hell aren't the 1%. They're just trying to keep the peace and do their jobs.

You know, JOBS, the things these protesters DO NOT have so they wouldn't understand.
          Originally posted by RSGSRT
          We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
          Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

If he enjoyed his time in jail then lets make him happy. Leets give him a few years of enjoyment in there. Just saying.....
            Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Thank you for staying at the Cook County Hilton.

The Hotel California does not require reservations.

Courtesy transport is available round the clock.

Comment

I think he's happy because he's never gotten so much..."love"
                I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by zigziggityzoo View Post
                  He wasn't charged with a drug charge - another occupy member was.
                  Oops. Misread and made a mistake. Sue me.
                  Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
                    And stolen copper wire...
                    "Snort-laughter is the best medicine"
                    ----- Mussel Bound

Don't forget to laugh today. The more implausible it seems, the more you need to.

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
                      I get what they're doing and (kind of) understand it - but you don't blame the police for the problems. They sure as hell aren't the 1%. They're just trying to keep the peace and do their jobs.

You know, JOBS, the things these protesters DO NOT have so they wouldn't understand.
                      I normally agree with you brother, but have to disagree with you on this one....I cannot stand any of the occupy idiots, they're all a bunch of hippie communists....I hate hippies..

Comment

He's full of crap that he organized sit ins at CC Jail. Those SORT boys would put a quick end to that. As far as being an "awsome" experience, he'll never tell the truth about his interactions with the REAL urban terrorists there.....no matter how many times he said he was "down with the brothers." Just more bs spewing from the mouth of a clown...And Luckman, well not a favorite judge of LE there.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                          He's full of crap that he organized sit ons at CC Jail.
                          Fixed.
                          I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
                            Nice

Comment

I find it very ironic that these very "protesters" or "occupiers" - whatever you call them - all seem to be demanding bigger-government, more statism and a more authoritarian stance against the citizens of this land, with the obvious goal of taking away freedom.........but then take it out on and try to provoke the police, which are in fact the most visible arm of government, when their perceived 'freedoms' are threatened.

Sorry for the run-on sentence; but I really don't know how else to put it. These people, most of whom have been miseducated by the government school system(s), have a very warped view on what constitutes "rights" and freedom. They forget about the rights and freedom of their fellow citizens - most of whom pay more taxes than those protesting scumbags ever will.

I sometimes wish they'd occupy a JOB - so that they'd be too busy to turn any of our cities into worse cesspools of depravity than they already are.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10189 users online. 407 members and 9782 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X