300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you thought you were busy - 40 shootings and 10 homcides in 1 weekend

Good they have restrictive gun control laws to keep violence down.

10 killed in Chicago over hot holiday weekend - TwinCities.com

10 killed in Chicago over hot holiday weekend

The Associated Press

Posted: 05/29/2012 08:17:33 AM CDT

CHICAGO—The sweltering Memorial Day weekend was a violent one in the city of Chicago with more than 40 shootings and 10 homicides reported over the four-day span.

Among those killed is a man who was shot near a holiday party in the South Shore neighborhood late Monday.

Police say neighbors reported hearing a loud argument just before shots were fired and partygoers ran from the scene. The Cook County medical examiner's office says 33-year-old Malcolm Dowdy was pronounced dead at Jackson Park Hospital and Medical Center.

Last year, four people were killed in Chicago during the Memorial Day weekend, but bad storms that year forced many people to stay at home. This year the city experienced record temperatures that peaked in the mid-90s.

wow pretty crazy!
    We had 67 shot, at least 13 dead, 2 officers shot on 2011 Labor Day weekend...not sure how we fared this Memorial Day, but pretty sure it wasn't nearly as bad as Chicago (since I haven't heard anything). This is nuts, I give Chicago PD a lot of credit, they're very short staffed working in a very bad city...
    Stay safe out there

Comment

But, but....it's illegal to carry a gun on the streets of Chicago! Why aren't these people committing murder abiding by the firearm laws!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gunslash View Post
        wow pretty crazy!
        We had 67 shot, at least 13 dead, 2 officers shot on 2011 Labor Day weekend...not sure how we fared this Memorial Day, but pretty sure it wasn't nearly as bad as Chicago (since I haven't heard anything). This is nuts, I give Chicago PD a lot of credit, they're very short staffed working in a very bad city...
        Stay safe out there

Where is this?

Comment

Originally posted by hedp View Post
          where is this?
          nyc
          the "safest large city in the country" apparently...statistically

Comment

Originally posted by gunslash View Post
            nyc
            the "safest large city in the country" apparently...statistically

lol. Another city with restrictive gun rights.....to keep everyone safe of course!

Comment

Sounds like par for LA NYC Chicago Miami. The bad part of living in the big city.
              Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8184 users online. 364 members and 7820 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
              X