Physician: Zimmerman had broken nose, black eye

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physician: Zimmerman had broken nose, black eye

Last edited by wolfgang1; 07-16-2015, 07:41 PM.
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

~Abraham Lincoln

Originally posted by CACBAND
    One of my background investigators put it best. He said, We're not looking for perfect people, they don't exist, we're looking for people who can be honest about their less than staler moments, face them, and learn from them.

Oops, the facts rear their ugly head.

Where's Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson now?

Comment

Originally posted by HEDP View Post

Oops, the facts rear their ugly head.

Where's Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson now?
      Wow!! What a smoking gun and a victory for all the George Zimmerman lovers. Maybe they should just drop all the charges now.

Or, maybe, just maybe, the guy will still be found guilty, even if it is only manslaughter and not murder.

Along with these indisputable facts, there are also indisputable facts that Zimmerman, an idiot with a gun, left his vehicle after being advised not to an pursued Martin who was unarmed. A confrontation ensued that left Martin dead and whatever started it is anyone's guess.

But I guess only people with guns and not their own fists have the right to stand their ground. And maybe someone who is a pu$$y and doesn't know how to fight shouldn't be following someone without knowing that the person he is following might be a little better skilled that he is.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex Army MP View Post
        Wow!! What a smoking gun and a victory for all the George Zimmerman lovers. Maybe they should just drop all the charges now.

Or, maybe, just maybe, the guy will still be found guilty, even if it is only manslaughter and not murder.

Along with these indisputable facts, there are also indisputable facts that Zimmerman, an idiot with a gun, left his vehicle after being advised not to an pursued Martin who was unarmed. A confrontation ensued that left Martin dead and whatever started it is anyone's guess.

But I guess only people with guns and not their own fists have the right to stand their ground. And maybe someone who is a pu$$y and doesn't know how to fight shouldn't be following someone without knowing that the person he is following might be a little better skilled that he is.
        Wow, Sir. You have been working for the other side too long.

An idiot with a gun? You know this for a fact, or is it your opinion?

A "pursued" Martin? So, what is the basis for a "pursuit?" I heard he followed Martin. Pursuit denotes actively chasing someone...

People with guns are the only ones to stand their ground? How did he know Martin was NOT armed? Did he search Martin prior to the confrontation? Did the people breaking into houses in the couple of weeks prior in that same neighborhood have weapons, or were they unarmed too? How can this be verified?

Come on, Sir....you can do better than this. Your "arguement" sounds like it was written by a 3rd grade race-baiting reverend. With all due respect, Sir, the above post sucked.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by Smurfette
        Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
        Originally posted by DAL
        You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by FJDave View Post
          Wow, Sir. You have been working for the other side too long.
          If that were the case I'd be defending him, wouldn't I? This is coming from a prosecutor's point of view.

An idiot with a gun? You know this for a fact, or is it your opinion?
          Well, a review of Zimmerman's history, which includes assault on a cop, a domestic and an incessant use of the 911 system and the fact that he was told to stay in his car leads me to my opinion. I think public forums are all about voicing our opinions.

And before you say that the assault on police was dismissed, he entered a pre trial diversionary program where he was required to take anger managment courses. And FWIW, he denied that the cop ever identified himself as a cop, however, the cop says that he most certainly did. Who are you inclinded to believe?

A "pursued" Martin? So, what is the basis for a "pursuit?" I heard he followed Martin. Pursuit denotes actively chasing someone...
          From whose perspective? I would imagine if you were walking through a neighborhood minding your own business and saw a man following you in a vehicle and then got out on foot, it wouldn't make much of a difference. I could be wrong but the prosecutor's affidavit may have even said used the word pursued.

People with guns are the only ones to stand their ground? How did he know Martin was NOT armed? Did he search Martin prior to the confrontation?
          Perhaps he didn't know. But the fact of the matter is he had a gun and Martin didn't. He had every reason NOT to exit his vehicle yet he did.

Did the people breaking into houses in the couple of weeks prior in that same neighborhood have weapons, or were they unarmed too? How can this be verified?
          He wouldn't know. Once again a great reason to stay in your vehicle. Incidently, there's no evidence that Martin was one of the perps from weeks earlier. So far, the only thing that I have heard where he even remotely resembles one of the perps from weeks earlier is that he was a black teen. Let me ask you this since there was another thread on Terry stops. Would the fact that a black teen was walking through your neighborhood weeks after a young black teen had broken into homes in that neighborhood warrant even a Terry stop absent any other suspicious behavior?

Come on, Sir....you can do better than this. Your "arguement" sounds like it was written by a 3rd grade race-baiting reverend. With all due respect, Sir, the above post sucked.
          You can't spell argument wrong and criticize my argument. I believe that's in the o.com rules. All kidding aside, a third grade post( I think you meant 3rd rate because I don't know too many reverends who are in third grade) usually warrants a response in kind. The above poster seemed to imply that somehow because Zimmerman had the injuries that his supporters claimed that he had, that now all of folks on the other side owe him an apology because they were wrong.

Not gonna get one from me. No matter what the situtation evolved into, Zimmerman, at a minimum, created the situation.
          Last edited by Ex Army MP; 05-16-2012, 10:18 AM.

Comment

And the media wins again by creating such bias in the general public.

Let the trial play out.

Comment

Also, each time something new is released, it is in Zimmerman's favor.

More and more I believe Trayvon was angry that someone was following him, doubled back and confronted Zimmerman.

Zimmerman should have just stayed in his car.

But also an argument could be made that if Trayvon had just continued home, this wouldn't have happened either. I base this on the fact that in 911 tape Zimmerman says that Trayvon is running and later that he lost sight of Trayvon, with no evidence of Zimmerman himself running.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigen View Post
                And the media wins again by creating such bias in the general public.

Let the trial play out.
                I do really hate it when people say that, as if we can't have opinions contrary to a jury verdict. By that thinking, y'all should leave OJ alone, he didn't kill those people (even though we know he did) because a jury of 12 random idiots said so.
                ~Gun control has always been about punishing the people that didn't shoot anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMyk View Post
                  I do really hate it when people say that, as if we can't have opinions contrary to a jury verdict. By that thinking, y'all should leave OJ alone, he didn't kill those people (even though we know he did) because a jury of 12 random idiots said so.
                  Not saying that you can't have an opinion. Just saying that people arguing it based on whatever the media is saying is stupid. The media is very well know for its biased nature. And unlike the OJ trial this one hasn't even started.

Comment

If that were the case I'd be defending him, wouldn't I? This is coming from a prosecutor's point of view.

Well, a review of Zimmerman's history, which includes assault on a cop, a domestic and an incessant use of the 911 system and the fact that he was told to stay in his car leads me to my opinion. I think public forums are all about voicing our opinions.

And before you say that the assault on police was dismissed, he entered a pre trial diversionary program where he was required to take anger managment courses. And FWIW, he denied that the cop ever identified himself as a cop, however, the cop says that he most certainly did. Who are you inclinded to believe?

From whose perspective? I would imagine if you were walking through a neighborhood minding your own business and saw a man following you in a vehicle and then got out on foot, it wouldn't make much of a difference. I could be wrong but the prosecutor's affidavit may have even said used the word pursued.

Perhaps he didn't know. But the fact of the matter is he had a gun and Martin didn't. He had every reason NOT to exit his vehicle yet he did.

He wouldn't know. Once again a great reason to stay in your vehicle. Incidently, there's no evidence that Martin was one of the perps from weeks earlier. So far, the only thing that I have heard where he even remotely resembles one of the perps from weeks earlier is that he was a black teen. Let me ask you this since there was another thread on Terry stops. Would the fact that a black teen was walking through your neighborhood weeks after a young black teen had broken into homes in that neighborhood warrant even a Terry stop absent any other suspicious behavior?

[QUOTE}
                    You can't spell argument wrong and criticize my argument. I believe that's in the o.com rules. All kidding aside, a third grade post( I think you meant 3rd rate because I don't know too many reverends who are in third grade) usually warrants a response in kind. The above poster seemed to imply that somehow because Zimmerman had the injuries that his supporters claimed that he had, that now all of folks on the other side owe him an apology because they were wrong.

Not gonna get one from me. No matter what the situtation evolved into, Zimmerman, at a minimum, created the situation.[/QUOTE]

So lets say this case was a little different, and it was an LEO that Martin attacked, and was subsequently shot by.
                    There would be the same hue and cry from a certain segment that he was "profiled" and "executed".

Maybe the same deal with the media telling untruths and half truths...they might call the officer "white" when in fact he is only as "white" as our President is.

Then the facts come out that have just some out, that show for the most part the man who was forced to shoot was a non combatant in the struggle until he was forced to use deadly force, the attacker had wounds on his "weapons" (his hands)....the person attacked was badly injured and probably on his way to death (especially if as Zimmerman said Martin was after his gun).

So as nearly as I can tell only your trial in absentia of Zimmerman establishing him as a "bad man" changes the facts of the matter and makes HIM the cause of Martin violently assaulting him. And oddly enough the mainstream media helped you form those opinions. Cut down the Soma dose a bit and see if your opinion changes a bit.

Bill
                    Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

Originally posted by willbird View Post

So as nearly as I can tell only your trial in absentia of Zimmerman establishing him as a "bad man" changes the facts of the matter and makes HIM the cause of Martin violently assaulting him. And oddly enough the mainstream media helped you form those opinions. Cut down the Soma dose a bit and see if your opinion changes a bit.

Bill
                      Well, you're incorrect. I have been around long enough to know not to believe everything that I hear. I never bought into the argument that Zimmerman decided to hunt down a poor black kid that night for sh*ts and giggles and then executed Trayvon. I never discounted the part about Travyon giving him a beat down either.

What troubles me is that many are willing to give Zimmerman a pass because he was standing his ground yet refuse to believe that there is anything that Zimmerman may have done to provoke Trayvon. I do not know the answer as to whether Trayvon hit him because he feared he would get hit first or whether Zimmerman put his hands on him first. But I highly doubt that Trayvon said to himself " Here's my chance to give a white dude a beat down just for fun" either.

So, given what we do not know, verses what we do, I would say that there is a lot that points to Zimmerman as the initial aggressor. His 911 call for pretty much nothing that night, his decision to follow Trayvon, his penchant for calling 911 at the drop of a hat( something like 50 times I believe), his history of getting involved in LE business by assaulting a cop who was arresting his friend and a restraining order taken out by an ex girlfriend pretty much establish a pattern of behavior on this guy. Granted that the restraining order standing alone might not mean anything but the totality of circumstances says to me that he was a bit of a loose cannon.

Imagine what the responses would be like in "Ask a Cop" if a dude said " I was arrested for assaulting a cop who was arresting my friend, I have called 911 50 times in the last few years and I have a restraining order taken out against me, can I still be a cop?".

I am guessing you all would laugh this guy off the forum.

Comment

We can speculate till the cows come home. All that Zimmerman's attorneys need is reasonable doubt. A standard that is not hard to reach for the defense. This medical report is likely going to help them reach it. No matter the results, no one wins in this situation. I honestly don't think a jury is going to find him guilty. There are just too many holes.
                        I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

One of the few witnesses also claimed that they saw Martin attack Zimmerman from behind.

There's too many holes in this story. Did Zimmerman screw up? Yeah, he should have stayed in his truck. He probably should not have been out patrolling anyway. He was simply volunteer neighborhood watch. He wasn't a community security guard and he certainly wasn't a cop. Does that mean one mistake means that he needs to forfeit his life or health? Some would think so it seems. If Martin did indeed initiate the physical attack and was attacking Zimmerman in such a way that could have caused death or serious injury, than yeah, despite Zimmerman screwing up initially, Martin becomes the bad guy and Zimmerman has the right to defense.
                          "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                          -Chris Rock

Comment

Imagine what the responses would be like in "Ask a Cop" if a dude said " I was arrested for assaulting a cop who was arresting my friend, I have called 911 50 times in the last few years and I have a restraining order taken out against me, can I still be a cop?".

I am guessing you all would laugh this guy off the forum.
                            OK on the 911 bit, he called 3 times in 2012, TWO of those times were in regard to the encounter in question, and NONE were 911 calls, they were to the normal number.

In total he made 46 calls in 8 YEARS, only (17) were 911 calls, in fact the last 911 call he made was June 2010, for a disturbance involving 50 people at a party blocking the street.

46 Calls - The Daily Beast

2004 (4) calls two of which were about the same thing.
                            2005 (4) calls one for a person at their front door
                            2006 (1) call
                            2007 (4) calls one for vandalism to tire on his pickup
                            2008 (0) calls
                            2009 (12) calls some of which were for his residence and events there
                            2010 (9) calls 2 of which regarded his own residence (last 911 call he made was in this year)
                            2011 (6) calls, one of which involved a disgruntled caterer directly involving Zimmerman

Open garage doors (with nobody home) fire alarms going off, and many others things were no doubt "legitimate" calls, as are calls at events at your own residence, or yourself for goings on of a suspicious or aggressive nature.
                            Last edited by willbird; 05-16-2012, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by willbird View Post
                              OK on the 911 bit, he called 3 times in 2012, TWO of those times were in regard to the encounter in question, and NONE were 911 calls, they were to the normal number.

19 calls to the normal Police number in the "last few years" would be more accurate................but facts do not matter it seems........

In total he made 46 calls in 8 YEARS, only (17) were 911 calls, in fact the last 911 call he made was June 2010, for a disturbance involving 50 people at a party blocking the street.

46 Calls - The Daily Beast

2004 (4) calls two of which were about the same thing.
                              2005 (4) calls one for a person at their front door
                              2006 (1) call
                              2007 (4) calls one for vandalism to tire on his pickup
                              2008 (0) calls
                              2009 (12) calls some of which were for his residence and events there
                              2010 (9) calls 2 of which regarded his own residence (last 911 call he made was in this year)
                              2011 (6) calls, one of which involved a disgruntled caterer directly involving Zimmerman

Open garage doors (with nobody home) fire alarms going off, and many others things were no doubt "legitimate" calls, as are calls to your own residence, or yourself for goings on of a suspicious or aggressive nature.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10508 users online. 381 members and 10127 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X