Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phony Police Officer may be killing Mississippi drivers ?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phony Police Officer may be killing Mississippi drivers ?

Police: Phony officer could be killing Mississippi drivers - CNN.com

Someone who may be posing as a police officer is pulling cars over on Mississippi highways and then shooting drivers dead, authorities said.
    After two such shootings this month, the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation is asking for the public's help to find the person.
    "There are some similarities between the two incidents, mainly the fact they happened alongside a Mississippi highway," said MBI Director Lt. Col. Larry Waggoner on Monday. "The concern is that someone is posing as a law enforcement officer and that is how these vehicles end up on the side of the road."
    Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Of course they really have no idea how those cars are pulling over. One possibility is that it COULD be a person posing as an officer. It also could be an "innocent" girl parked on the side of the road killing anyone who pulls over to help her. Or someone who drives up behind the victims, taps their bumper and kills them when they pull over to exchange info. Or maybe these people were already pulled over to the side of the road to make a phone call, check a map, etc...

Yet the media has decided the most interesting story is saying it must be a fake cop.
    “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

Really?

Because it looked to me like the Director of the Mississippi Bureau of Investigations, Lt. Col. Larry Waggoner, said "The concern is that someone is posing as a law enforcement officer and that is how these vehicles end up on the side of the road."

Comment

NYC, I was thinking the same thing. Could be a bait car with the hood up and a "helpless" person standing there. Based on what they actually know, it could be aliens in a UFO ....

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
          NYC, I was thinking the same thing. Could be a bait car with the hood up and a "helpless" person standing there. Based on what they actually know, it could be aliens in a UFO ....
          sigpic
          Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
          And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Just saw on local news here that a suspect has been arrested,guess what? He was NOT posing as a cop.----hmph,go figure.
            Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

Originally posted by mavriktu View Post
              Just saw on local news here that a suspect has been arrested,guess what? He was NOT posing as a cop.----hmph,go figure.
              YEP...............................go figure

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                YEP...............................go figure
                I'm glad to hear that actually.

Bill

Comment

The article said someone "is" pulling people over and shooting them dead. It said someone "may" be posing as a police officer.

My department rep (I'm in Colorado) said, "If you're concerned, put on your flashers to let the LEO see you, slow to 10 below the speed limit, and drive to the next exit or a well-lit area. What would be helpful for the readers here is a state-by-state list of those states where doing this would be either legal or acceptable. While these incidents have occurred in Mississippi, there was a guy in Denver doing the same a year or two ago, and I'm sure most states have had similar incidents.

Comment

Suspect was arrested. Still had possession of the weapon. Ballistics tests match the weapon and ammunition. He was NOT portraying a peace officer. He is just your typical anit-social A.H.!
                    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Originally posted by DTSS View Post
                      The article said someone "is" pulling people over and shooting them dead. It said someone "may" be posing as a police officer.

My department rep (I'm in Colorado) said, "If you're concerned, put on your flashers to let the LEO see you, slow to 10 below the speed limit, and drive to the next exit or a well-lit area. What would be helpful for the readers here is a state-by-state list of those states where doing this would be either legal or acceptable. While these incidents have occurred in Mississippi, there was a guy in Denver doing the same a year or two ago, and I'm sure most states have had similar incidents.
                      You are not going to get a state by state list because we don't have officers from every state on the forum................and you can find the information you want elsewhere

EVERY time a situation like this happens some PIO (read that as a NON PATROL type) states that on TV ............................

LEGAL, not really because nearly every state law requires that you pull over and STOP upon approach of an emergency vehicle(from either direction)

ACCEPTABLE.... yea probably......................however be aware that if you do this the officer that is trying to stop you is not going to be a real happy camper when you finally stop

Expect to be treated as a felony stop ------meaning you will probably be proned out and eating concrete

Comment

I grew up in New Orleans and they had an incident years ago where a person was impersonating a Police Officer and conducting traffic stops. The Sheriff (Harry Lee) came on TV and told everyone to drive to a lit area before being pulled over. So of course a lady goes to get pulled over by a unmaked unit and she drives to a gas station and pulls over.The cop loses his control and forcefully pulls her out of the vehicle and takes her into custody. Of course she sues and wins.

Normaly when a cop pulls you over you have to pull over.With that said a cop needs to use common sense and realize when a person is fleeing or slowing down to 10 MPH and looking for a safe place to stop.

I am glad the AH was caught. I still travel to that part of the country
                        Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Originally posted by DTSS View Post

In my state (Ohio) unmarked units are not to be used for traffic enforcement. Others have pointed out that you could still be pulled over by an unmarked but I have never heard of it in Ohio. IN is different however, and I am not far away, so I remember that when I am over there.
                          ACCEPTABLE.... yea probably......................however be aware that if you do this the officer that is trying to stop you is not going to be a real happy camper when you finally stop

Expect to be treated as a felony stop ------meaning you will probably be proned out and eating concrete
                          We seem to have a mutual respect thing going on here between the taxpayers who are cops and those with other employment, so only the scumbags with warrants generally get "proned out". Hell I was speeding once, luckily still in the double digits and in SECOND gear still at 80 in a 50 (and accelerating) and passed a cop, saw him flip a 180 and I pulled myself over. Still got a ticket though.

Bill
                          Last edited by willbird; 05-19-2012, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by willbird View Post
                            We seem to have a mutual respect thing going on here between the taxpayers who are cops and those with other employment, so only the scumbags with warrants generally get "proned out". Hell I was speeding once, luckily still in the double digits and in SECOND gear still at 80 in a 50 (and accelerating) and passed a cop, saw him flip a 180 and I pulled myself over. Still got a ticket though.
                            Ok fine.......................but if you don't stop when the officer hits his reds/blues....he/she WILL be upset when you finally stop.....................................I don't' care what the circumstances are the officer is not going to be happy.

The chances of being felony stopped increase the longer you drive while being lit up...........

The officer really doesn't know what you are doing inside the car while you are driving.....also the officer LIKES to pick the spot to pull you over and really gets upset when YOU pick the spot

Comment

Here in VA, many agencies used unmarked cars. Most of them time, it will be a Ford Crown Vic, a Chevy Impala or Dodge Charger.......but don't be surprised to see a Ford Explorer, Chevy Tahoe or an occasional Mustang GT (Fairfax County has a black one) lighting you up during a traffic stop.

Generally, you will be expected to stop for blue (or blue & red) lights; but - as mentioned earlier - I would hope that the officer would be able to tell if you are fleeing or driving slowly to a 'safe' location before pullling over to stop.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4621 users online. 232 members and 4389 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X