300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help locating picture!!

First, thank you for taking the time to read this. I am trying to locate a picture that has haunted me for over 15 years. It was taken at an officer's funeral somewhere (I think) in the North Eastern part of the country. I believe it was in late 1985 or early 1986. I think I saw it in either Time or Life magazine, but my archive searches have turned up nothing, and their photo departments want $84.00 per hour to research it! The following is a description of the picture as best as I remember it: it showed the flag-draped coffin, with a pile of white gloves at one end, and the slain officer's fiancee (also an officer) clinging to the other end of the coffin. As the daughter of two officers myself, this picture moved me beyond words and has stayed with me all this time. Does this description ring a bell to anyone? I would like very much to locate it and obtain a copy of it to put my mind at rest. Any information/assistance provided will be GREATLY appreciated!!! My thanks again for your time, and thanks in advance for your input!

------------------
    May God watch over you, as you watch over us!

Giving this a bump up in the hopes that the right person will read it and provide the information needed! Thanks again!

------------------

Comment

Try going to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund -- Click on the Fallen Officers button in the lefthand navigator - enter 1985 or 1986 to search the names, locations, dates & photos of all fallen officers for each year... maybe something will trip your memory and help narrow your seach for archived articles elsewhere.
      Or you can try writing to their webmaster with your question.

Good Luck!

------------------
      "You're never beaten until you admit it." --Gen. George S. Patton

Comment

bwsmom,
        If you locate that photo, contact me through this site. You have my curiosity peaked and I would like to see this pic. thanks.
        "The streets of Philadelphia are safe...it's the people that make them unsafe"---Frank Rizzo
        http://hometown.aol.com/ppd9886/PhillyCopSpot.html

Comment

Giving this a bump....I'm still searching for this picture! Any help would be greatly appreciated! My sincerest thanks!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2360 users online. 138 members and 2222 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X