300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teddybears....

I worked a '10-46' (accident with injuries) today. I STILL don't know how ANY one walked away from it. I got pulled away from another accident(no injuries) to run to this one. All the other officers were in court, where *I* had been pulled from.

Anyway.....I have the driver and her female companion and 2 kids in the back of my car(her vehicle has been towed and she had no one to come get her. YES, I notified dispatch of time, mileage, etc. ) writing her(driver) (2) tickets (failure to yield ROW and NO child restraint seat). Her 2 year old is crying...SHE's crying... NOT a pretty picture.

Then I remember the teddybears in my gear bag. I pull out the biggest, softest one and pass it back through the partition. The older kid got a sucker. It didn't help the 2 year old, but it helped ME!

------------------
    HEARTS and MINDS
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

You can't beat a 'teddy' for comfort.

[This message has been edited by Niteshift (edited 06-16-2001).]

[This message has been edited by ALadyToYou (edited 06-16-2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by ALadyToYou:
      You can't beat a 'teddy' for comfort
      Hmmm, I would say that depends on who is WEARING it!

------------------
      I used to have an open mind - but my brains kept falling out.

6P1 (retired)
      6P1 (retired)

Comment

Don: You are such a

And boy are we glad!!!

[This message has been edited by ALadyToYou (edited 06-16-2001).]

Comment

I carry one too. There was an article in Police Magazine years ago about one agency that had a lot of success carrying them for accidents like the one you described. That was what got me carrying mine.

Comment

I used to carry a couple around, then it started getting popular nationally. One of the Independant Insurance Associations provided our dept. with enough for about 2 per patrol car. Sure, it had their logo on the bears t-shirt, but I never saw a kid that minded.

------------------
            Niteshift-
            Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

I'm married to one! lol I still have my son's Teddy Bear, Spencer, and his rocking horse. So far he is not as sentimental as I am! lol
              Janie

[This message has been edited by Mitzi (edited 06-16-2001).]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2491 users online. 168 members and 2323 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X