Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bank of America tells gun company to find another bank.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank of America tells gun company to find another bank.

Here is the story.

Bank of America | McMillan | Second Amendment | The Daily Caller

Here is the link to McMillan Groups facebook page that verifies the story.

https://www.facebook.com/McMillanGroupInternational

I do not bank with BOA, but I would definitely close my accounts over this if I did.
    Be courteous, Be professional, Have a plan to kill everyone you meet

I left them last year, they do seem to think mighty highly of themselves.

Comment

I have a credit card through Bank of America. I should do away with it now.

Comment

Originally posted by ArkansasFan24 View Post
        I have a credit card through Bank of America. I should do away with it now.
        Be sure to tell them exactly why you intend to cancel you card. A CC to the BOA CEO of your cancellation letter might be in order too. Heck, if enough backlash grows from this you might even want to short the stock. NRA has a lot of members and this might be a good place for them to flex their muscle.
        When you are dead, you don't know you're dead. It is difficult only for the others around you.

It is the same when you are stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Redseal View Post
          Here is the story.

Bank of America | McMillan | Second Amendment | The Daily Caller

Here is the link to McMillan Groups facebook page that verifies the story.

https://www.facebook.com/McMillanGroupInternational

I do not bank with BOA, but I would definitely close my accounts over this if I did.
          I left them years ago as I found them to be a crappy bank. I know one of the McMillan's and you will not find a more stand up person honest legal business. I hope people go another bank.
          - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

My dad's business credit card is through Bank of America. I wonder if he'll close it after hearing this. He hates them anyway.
            "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
            -Chris Rock

Comment

I've never felt with them first hand but my fiancee has had alot of trouble with them.
              Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Don't they hire armed people to guard their bank lobbies?
                And now they eschew doing business with lawful armorers?
                Are they vying for a hypocrisy prize?

Comment

I just contacted NRA-ILA to apprise them of the situation. I also sent them a link to an article on their own website from 2010 (NRA-ILA | Bank Of America Clarifies Position)stating BofA does not discriminate against firearms-related businesses. I've got one account with BofA that I kept open just for the ease of transferring funds. That will be gone next week.
                  NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

I had a zero balance on my B of A credit card and heard that they were going to start charging me a fee just to have the card. I cancelled it that day. The operator I spoke to asked why I was canelling, I gave her my reason, and she didn't even attempt to talk me out of it.

Comment

This is why I got rid of them...

BOA was my bank of choice for most of my career. I got rid of them a few months ago and went to Wells Fargo. I'm glad I did..

Comment

Wow, that is amazingly stupid of them. I will be closing my last remaining BoA account as soon as direct deposit into my new checking account takes effect.

Comment

snopes.com: Bank of America -- McMillan Firearms Manufacturing

If BofA does business with Freedom Group, it's clearly not against gun manufacturing companies. Or Freedom Group hasn't gotten the info, yet...

we have some of the most globally recognized brands including Remington®, Bushmaster® Firearms, DPMS/Panther Arms™, Marlin®, H&R®, The Parker Gun™, Mountain Khakis®, Advanced Armament Corp. ®, Dakota Arms®, Para™ USA and Barnes® Bullets.
                          NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
                            snopes.com: Bank of America -- McMillan Firearms Manufacturing

If BofA does business with Freedom Group, it's clearly not against gun manufacturing companies. Or Freedom Group hasn't gotten the info, yet...
                            Just because Bank of America picks and chooses when to be a-holes, doesn't mean they aren't a-holes.

Just like in the NRA post you cited earlier, Bank of America doesn't deny it. All they say is that they don't have a policy about it. Not that they don't refuse to do business with firearms manufacturers when they so choose. As long as you don't put it in writing, everything is all good right?

Comment

Agreed. Banks are banks.

However I've seen too many people say BofA is "anti-gun" because of this instance with a single account holder. No credence is given to how many other people in the U.S. may have BofA accounts and are also in the firearms industry. Notice how everything in this BofA incident is a one-sided account. McMillan's Facebook post has been copied and reposted in blogs and forums all over the internet. More internet slacktivism at work...

That's why I contacted NRA-ILA since they have the weight to throw around and maybe get better answers - and get them from BOTH sides.
                              NRA Life Member

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13226 users online. 402 members and 12824 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X