Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake cops rob Ferguson home

LEO imitators strike again.
    Criminals disguised as police officers commit armed robbery at a Ferguson home. KSDK reports the break-in happened in the 9500 block of Glen Owen this morning. The family told police that three men wearing bullet-proof vests and badges yelled "police" before storming into the home with shotguns, claiming they had a search warrant.
    http://www.ktrs.com/news/local-news/...-ferguson-home

Thankfully they just went after property. It could have been much worse.

Quite honestly, this is a lose/lose situation. I hate to hear when this happens. Officers who do real no-knock raids are put into even more danger when the public sees this, and the homeowners lose because they automatically resist fighting back since they ID'd as police.

Comment

Didnt we just have a huge debate about something about this with a recent law that just passed?
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by Dingbat View Post
        Didnt we just have a huge debate about something about this with a recent law that just passed?
        I'm guessing Indiana's law that gives a homeowner the right to shoot a police officer in certain situations...

Comment

What's a "Ferguson" home?
          sigpic
          Don't make me gassy.
          You wouldn't LIKE me when I'm gassy...

If you're offended by something that I've said...it was just your turn.

Comment

Originally posted by ComicGuy View Post
            Beat me to this question.
            Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Originally posted by ComicGuy View Post
              Originally posted by Jiu-Jitsu Cop View Post
              Beat me to this question.
              A home located in Ferguson, MO.

DYZ

Comment

^^^Cool thanks. Makes sense now.
                Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

So, is there any way to defend against this sort of attack? Does the resident of a home dare to try to defend themselves if they hear someone shout "Police!"?

Comment

Originally posted by velobard View Post
                    So, is there any way to defend against this sort of attack? Does the resident of a home dare to try to defend themselves if they hear someone shout "Police!"?
                    You can request to see ID. If it really is the police, probably not a good idea to try to defend yourself.

DYZ

Comment

I know TV reality shows may or may not be "reality", but I have seen some of those shows where members of the raid party are wearing black ski masks. I don't know if it for anonymity or for intimidation, but as a citizen the sight makes me distinctly uncomfortable. I would think the possbility of mistakes would compound in those scenarios.
                      When you are dead, you don't know you're dead. It is difficult only for the others around you.

It is the same when you are stupid.

Comment

Cooperate but call 9-1-1... I have always told my wife if she is getting stopped late at night by an unmarked car to pull into a public place if one is close or.... slow down, place your turn signal on and get on the phone and call 9-1-1 to confirm the validity of the stop.
                        Retired 02/01/13

Comment

I see fake cops in the news around GA daily. This is not a one in a million story or even close. As a law abiding citizen, there is zero reason why the police would be kicking my door down so what would a reasonable person believe is happening?

Comment

Originally posted by jannino View Post
                            I see fake cops in the news around GA daily. This is not a one in a million story or even close. As a law abiding citizen, there is zero reason why the police would be kicking my door down so what would a reasonable person believe is happening?
                            What if it is on fire and you did not realize it, I have kicked a few doors down in the middle of the night because of this...
                            Retired 02/01/13

Comment

Originally posted by bigcop97 View Post
                              What if it is on fire and you did not realize it, I have kicked a few doors down in the middle of the night because of this...
                              Interesting scenario, but not one that would likely happen to me. All my smoke detectors are in working order and if one goes off, they all do. But I see your point and it's a great one.

I would also think that in such a situation that once awakened, I would realize what's happening. Realizing what's going on with an officer trying to alert residents of a fire compared to a team of officers with their trigger finger at the ready expecting resistance is a little different.. the first does leave a little wiggle room for error.. the latter does not.

I'm not advocating anything. Just merely stating that I believe it is safe to say that it is more likely to be targeted by fake cops than it is to be a victim of a wrong address no knock warrant by the real police.

That's not taking into account... I know I haven't committed any crimes, I am a business owner that has dealt with a lot of cash, and I have been stalked before.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12153 users online. 511 members and 11642 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X