Criminal Charges,in Pro Sports??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criminal Charges,in Pro Sports??

This could have gone in the sports section,but I wanted more input.The NFLPA,has advised some Saints players involved in the Bounty scandal,to lawyer up,because there may be criminal charges forthcoming.WTF????
    Now I used to police in Kenner,La.a suburb of NOLA,and where at that time most of the players lived.Have "helped" many to get home after a bad game(remember the paper bags and Aints season??),I really have an 8x10 of say Chuck Muncie calling in and wanting to file a complaint because a player hit him a year before.HULLLLOOOOO when you signed that contract,you pretty much gave away your body and soul,if he came at you say,with a machete ,we will talk,but a body hit in pro football??????gimme a break here.
    Also,all this crud and I still havent heard 1,uno, "victim" come forward to complain,so who is pressing charges and for what??I can tell you,La. doesnt have a law against wossie millionaires not getting their way.(well.in pro sports anyway)
    Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

I support criminal charges.

It's a freaking game and these people need to stop taking it so seriously. The entire point is to have fun. The fact that it's professional sports is not even relevant to the criminal case. Forget that it is even football.

If you are intentionally causing bodily harm to other people in exchange for money, that is illegal. Just because there is an NFL contract doesn't make it legal. You cannot simply legitimize illegal activity with a contract.
    Last edited by Fëanor; 04-02-2012, 09:23 AM.

Comment

There is a difference between accepting inherent risks and being specifically targeted for injury--especially when there is a cash payoff. Does the phrase 'malice aforethought' ring a bell?

Comment

OK,so,Joe,so according to you,a boxer comes up and says he wants to press charges on his opponent for battery.You accept the charges because it is apparent the opponent intended to hurt.HOW,do you propose which hit the football player be charged with??Every one?who decides"that was a hard hit,compared to Oh,he MUST have gotten a bonus for that one.??,and ONCE again,where is the victim???I STILL have not heard of a single player,trying to press charges OR having filed a greivance.
        Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6742 users online. 276 members and 6466 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
        X