Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey dumb*** wanna bet you will get cited next time??

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey dumb*** wanna bet you will get cited next time??

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=103_1332986277

While he won today, by putting this on line he made certain that tomorrow he will not be so lucky.

Item not found
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Idiot.....

Comment

Saw that a few weeks ago. That guy is a dip****, who no doubt either had a boner or elevated heart rate the entire encounter.

Comment

Last edited by wolfgang1; 07-16-2015, 08:44 PM.
          America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

~Abraham Lincoln

Originally posted by CACBAND
          One of my background investigators put it best. He said, We're not looking for perfect people, they don't exist, we're looking for people who can be honest about their less than staler moments, face them, and learn from them.

Comment

I don't know why they even bother with those anti-radar laws any more. It was one thing back in the 80s when you had to have some big honking' device on your dashboard for it to work, but now with smartphones, laptops, iPads, and onboard computers, a radar detector could be hidden in the guts of the vehicle or as a hidden app on a password protected smartphone and there's no way a cop on the side of the road will ever find it.

Comment

I remember this video. What was apparent to me (asides the stupidity) is that he can't spell or used quotation marks. Every quoted portion was typed in like 'this," lol.
              sigpic

Originally posted by mitojo
              I was once thanked by two citizens in one day. Weird.

Comment

Amazing that it is illegal to LISTEN to a radio frequency in America, more or less what a radar detector does.
                Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

Originally posted by willbird View Post
                  Amazing that it is illegal to LISTEN to a radio frequency in America, more or less what a radar detector does.
                  Yeah, I have to say that it's kinda weird from a legal perspective that they can outlaw part of the natural electromagnetic spectrum of the universe. Telling you that you can't look at radar frequencies is like telling you that you can't look at a certain color. Radar is the same energy, just slowed down a little.

Comment

I can't believe this law hasn't been successfully challenged yet. I'm not sure who it's supposed to protect, or how it's supposed to make them safer.

Comment

Originally posted by BTR1701 View Post
                      I don't know why they even bother with those anti-radar laws any more. It was one thing back in the 80s when you had to have some big honking' device on your dashboard for it to work, but now with smartphones, laptops, iPads, and onboard computers, a radar detector could be hidden in the guts of the vehicle or as a hidden app on a password protected smartphone and there's no way a cop on the side of the road will ever find it.
                      Never seen a radar detector in a smart phone.
                      For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

I'm simply amazed that people will go to great length, spending a lot of money, to equip their vehicles with radar/laser detectors so they can exceed the speed limit. I should add that by exceeding the speed limit, they a) waste a ton of gas, which blows my mind, since gas is almost $5/gal, b) get to their destination only marginally faster, and c) can increase their insurance premiums due to speed-related accidents or tickets.

But to each their own, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
                          I can't believe this law hasn't been successfully challenged yet. I'm not sure who it's supposed to protect, or how it's supposed to make them safer.
                          Unless I'm mistaken and VA actually does outlaw radar detectors, this is not a state law but a federal one. Commercial motor vehicles are not permitted to have radar detectors pursuant to the Fed Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.

§ 392.71Radar detectors; use and/or possession.
                          (a) No driver shall use a radar detector in a commercial motor vehicle, or operate a commercial motor vehicle that is equipped with or contains any radar detector.
                          (b) No motor carrier shall require or permit a driver to violate paragraph (a) of this section.

It's unlikely to be challenged because the Feds are regulating commerce, not every private citizen on the road, since this applies to commercial motor vehicles only.

Comment

Originally posted by zhakkar View Post
                            Unless I'm mistaken and VA actually does outlaw radar detectors, this is not a state law but a federal one. Commercial motor vehicles are not permitted to have radar detectors pursuant to the Fed Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.

§ 392.71Radar detectors; use and/or possession.
                            (a) No driver shall use a radar detector in a commercial motor vehicle, or operate a commercial motor vehicle that is equipped with or contains any radar detector.
                            (b) No motor carrier shall require or permit a driver to violate paragraph (a) of this section.

It's unlikely to be challenged because the Feds are regulating commerce, not every private citizen on the road, since this applies to commercial motor vehicles only.
                            I was unaware that any other state actually initiated stops based upon nothing more than a positive VG 2 identification, commercial or not. Do they?

Comment

This isnt actually anything new. People have been hiding them in their cars for a while. Ive never understood why people by them. If they go off chances are your already caught 99% of the time. Just be aware of where a cop may be sitting at and slow down at those areas. If your going to speed you should be more vigilant anyway not rely on technology to keep you safe.
                              Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8008 users online. 424 members and 7584 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X