300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mp3 Player=Music=Running=Good times!

On a whim, I picked up an MP3 player at Walmart the other day. I've never seen much of a need for a walk-man type device, as I don't often listen to music anyplace where the laptop or car stereo isn't around to provide it. But hey, it's hard to pass up a $40.00 deal.

So I go running with it. What else are you gonna do with something like that?

Amazingly, running has stopped being the hell that it was.

I had just re-started running last week and it was brutal...A loooong winter had pretty much stalled my routine. The first few times, I barely managed to do half what I was last fall.

First time out with the music I matched what I was doing at my best last year. Last night I did half-again as much. It is sooo much easier to run when there's something else to listen to other than the pounding in your chest and the sneakers on pavement. I'm almost starting to enjoy it.

So...what are the odds of being allowed to bring the player when I go for the tests? j/k And while I'm on the subject, what does everybody else do to get them through their workout?
    I haven't felt this good since we stole the 2000 elections!--Ned Flanders

I generally swim, so... uh, not much music for me! However swimming is just so relaxing on its own, that I just enjoy the feel of slicing through the water and all that.
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.
    -Mark Twain

Comment

Hmmm, that may indeed encourage me to swim longer, thanks, Samual. I wonder if a swim cap would help, or if I could finaggle the goggles somehow... If such a water proof product still exists, an MP3 version would be quite enjoyable.
      Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.
      -Mark Twain

Comment

That's why it was so hard for me to motivate myself to keep running when I got to college. I loved running in cross country, but I didn't realize at the time that a lot of that was because of the friends running with me. Talking, goofing off, looking at the girls running with us....it makes 8 miles during a training run seem not so long at all.

Then I got to college and had nobody to run with, and I let that be my excuse to not run, because I agree- running with nothing to entertain you is very boring.

By the way, you can also use the MP3 player for things like books on tape and stuff. In fact, most of the time voice is recorded at a lower quality so you can get some darn long excerpts on the MP3 player even if it doesn't hold much. All kinds of uses, enjoy
        I am disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious? - Mr. Sparkle

Comment

It's funny you mention this. Hubby just bought an MP3 player today. He just sat here for 2 hours trying to figure it out. But, he succeeded (without help I might add!).

He's a bit disappointed that he could only fit 18 songs on it though. How much does more memory cost, or can you even get more memory for the players?
          "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

Depends on the model, but most do allow you to buy expansion cards (you can probably find a 128 megabyte chip at Costco for 50 dollars), 128 megs should give you about 30-45 songs. Be careful though, there are several differant types of memory, so make sure you've got the right type before purchasing.

If anyone buys an MP3 player, I would recommend they think about what they're using them for. An MP3 or Hard Drive based MP3 player is going to hold ALOT of music, but isn't good for physical exercise, in that case you want something with no moving parts, and thus just memory, which holds less, but'll never skip.

[ 04-16-2003, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: n567 ]
            -Mark Twain

Comment

Tprspouse said:

quote:
              He's a bit disappointed that he could only fit 18 songs on it though.
              Jeese! 18 songs, four minutes apiece is an hour and four minutes of music. I don't even want to think about running that long!
              I haven't felt this good since we stole the 2000 elections!--Ned Flanders

Comment

OK, Lictalon, I wanna know more about this player. Cheapest one I've seen at my Super Center is $80.

Gimme the stats, dude...all the details.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4952 users online. 285 members and 4667 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X