300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German Shepard

My goodness, I love dogs. I wish I could have one, a German Shepard. Reasons why I would like to have a German Shepard.

1) Smart and intelligent, sometimes even smarter than humans.

2) Friend and always there for you.

3) Knows when you are happy and knows when you are sad.

4) Guards you as a body guard and tears an intruder's *** apart.

5) Loyal and always true to you.

6) Always have someone to play with so you're never lonely.

Santa Mikey, never mind of all the things I said I wanted for Christmas. I want a German Shepard, please

how pathetic, a dog is going to be my friend...  - ...no pity...

[ 11-11-2002, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: Mrs. Fish ]
    "Hope for the best and prepare for the worst."

Well, I came close, in name anyway. My wife just got me a German Shorthair Pointer.
    "Integrity is like virginity. Once it's lost, you can't get it back." --drunkhunter

Comment

I have a big German Shepard import from Germany-Police dog-- I love the respect from bad guys-the adoration from good people and the number of arrests that he is responsible for!
      Big-T Coming Thru A friend will bail you out when you get locked-up. A buddy will be sittin' next to ya in the cell saying "man we really F'd up"!!

Comment

Some times they're too smart. My girl loves ice cubes. It took her no time at all to learn that when the freezer was opened, she gets an ice cube. Now we have ice in the door (ain't '70's technology GREAT!). She knows that when we pour ice, she gets some.

For anyone out there who has dogs, I've two words for you...SCOOBY SNACKS!!! Damn, I don't know what's in them, but she's hooked. They're the only treats that she has ever scratched on the pantry door for. Yes, after the first one, she knew exactly where they were kept.

Protective...hell YEAH! The front door is hers. No one comes near it, much less through it, without her approval.

My 11 year old daughter and I took her for a walk one evening. Some jackass let their dog run around loose and it came over at us barking and baring its teeth. In one move, my dog pushed my daughter behind me and lunged between me and the other door. A few quick nasty sounding barks and a flash of teeth and the other dog (a male) backed away.

The kids...my kids...any kids...forget it! She thinks they're hers and protects them as such.

[ 11-12-2002, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: FLLawdog ]

Comment

I'll see what I can do, Tina.
          I have a striped German Shepard, kinda like a Zebra that I can't find a home for.
          Will that be ok?? [Wink]

[ 11-11-2002, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: 10mmMikey ]

Comment

The love of my life was a German Sherherd. He was dropped off one night in a bar parking lot, a tiny, cold pup. For some reason I'd gone to that bar that night,wouldn't have normally. He sat in my lap and I took him home.

He was named Ruger and grew into an awesome dog. Silver and black, not the old style of Shepherd, the newer, sleeker body. I've got to admit I do like the
            old style of Shepherd body.

He was my constant companion. I trained him, but he trained himself more. His heart was BIGGER than Texas.I never attack trained this dog, he just knew in his heart that protecting me and my property was his job and he did it very well.

Ruger died when an 18 wheeler hit him not 200 yards from where I adopted him. He was 6 years old. The guy never stopped. We had bought a farm almost across the street from the bar where he was dumped. GAWD, I miss that dog.

I don't know if I'll ever find another dog like Ruger, hopefully so. He showed me the kind of unconditional love only a dog can muster. He would have fought to the death for me and came close a few times. I know how police officers feel about their canine partners, mine was indispensible.

I just hope he's chasin' some canine *** in dog heaven.
            Criminals prefer unarmed victims.

Comment

My dog is my best friend, nothing wrong with that, for sure. i could do much worse for a friend!

It's only she and I living here, so when i'm home from work it's all HER time. she never leaves my side and goes everywhere with me, sitting in the passenger side of the truck til i get out to run errands, then she sits in the driver's seat. She's a big girl, 70 pounds, but she thinks she's a little baby. very cuddly and snuggly. my first baby was a cocker spaniel that lived to be 16. she was lovable on HER own terms, you could pet her for a bit but she wasnt a snuggler like this one. i'm very happy with my dog, she will never take the place of my first one, but i love her alot (as you can see)

[ 11-11-2002, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: jellybean40 ]
              "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

I tried to post a photo of my boy, but I couldn't figure out how.

He is a 16 month old, near 90 pound beautiful dog.

He is friendly, loveable and a big baby, to us. He will not let my 6 year old daughter go outside alone. He stays very close to her.

He put a repairman out of the backyard the other day until I walked in the yard with the guy.

He will be protection trained soon
                "Speed is fine, but accuracy is final"--Bill Jordan

Comment

a single girl's answer to living in Ice Station Zebra...

an electric blanket and big warm dog bodies... [Wink]

You never have to explain where you've been or with whom...

They're even *happier* to see you when you're home late...

well... you get the idea.

Not Shepherds, but a Vizsla x Lab/Sharpei (yeah, I know.. she was a rescue) and her two sons, by a lab x German Shorthair father. (they were an *oops* but heck, I adore 'em!)

Comment

I've got the best German made dog around! A ferocious 11 lb. mini-daschund who will bark at the least little noise. She wouldn't bite any body, but listening to her bark, you would think she was ready to tear your ankle off. [Wink]
                    "Why is it that our children cannot read the Bible in school, yet they can in prison?"

Comment

I grew up with German Shepherd dogs. To me, they are the best breed around. I have a Sheltie right now, she was a runt of the litter and I had to take her (I was smitten with her... hehe). I live in an apartment, no place for a big dog.

The husband has promised me when we buy our house next year, I get a German Shepherd puppy!

Comment

7) they eat cats...

i have two people eating monsters...
                        http://www.geocities.com/ofcbruton/shelbyandcopper.jpg

Comment

I have a black and silver GSD named Thor........ he thinks he's my son and is VERY protective of me.

(Plus he's a good looking dog, especially with his uncommon coloring, and women love him. )

[ 11-12-2002, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: Niteshift ]

Comment

Santa Mikey,

Whatever you have I'm luck to have. In fact, you can come here to Virginia and give it to me in person. [Wink]
                            "Hope for the best and prepare for the worst."

Comment

Sheppard
                              "The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
                              must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war"

--Gen Douglas MacArthur 1962

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4639 users online. 278 members and 4361 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X