300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts On Being Fireproof

There is a phrase in government - its called "being fireproof." It is usually reserved for people who have reached minimum retirement age. It means that if you engage in misconduct, you can get your retirement papers processed quicker than it takes management to fire you.

Officers who are fireproof tends to be a bit more outspoken, less afraid to say what's on their mind, a little more cocky, bigger risk takers, you get the picture. However six days from retirement, one Miami-Dade officer has taken being fireproof to a new level of chutzpah.

Mattress Cop Relieved of Duty

http://www.local10.com/news/EXCLUSIV...dex.html?flv=1
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

That's referred to as "short timers syndrome".

Aparrently from the article...They can run errands on duty... but that's pushing it way too far!
    Last edited by deputy x 2; 03-06-2012, 07:51 PM.
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

lol. Hilarious. Thanks for the commentary and article.. it's the first time that I've ever heard that term.

So how about some of you retired folks share your fireproof stories?

Comment

I retired the first day I was eligible.....................

My pension had fully vested 5 yrs previously, but I couldn't collect until I turned 55.

My papers were activated 15 days prior to my 55th birthday & became final that day.

While I was "fireproof"....................I would have had to find a job to tide me over so that wasn't happening.--------------------BUT the option was there & everyone including my boss knew it.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

The statute of limitations has not run out......in that case I plead the 5th.

Just kiddin..........we certainly didn't do $*#@ like that! There are numbers on the back of the patrol cars...if the public thought you were doing anything wrong...trust me they would call the onduty sgt via speed dial!

smileys aren't working again.

Opps I forgot to address the thread.

I didn't wait to be fireproof to be outspoken or afraid to say what was on my mind..
          Last edited by deputy x 2; 03-06-2012, 07:52 PM.
          This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Well its quite obvious why nothing was done for all her other screw ups during her career...
            Retired LASD

Comment

Was it a Serta?

Comment

We refer to it as the KMA club... I'm afraid it will be a long time before I get to join. But, no one in the club would do anything to jeopardize their retirement.
                I'm not small, I'm fun sized....

You're the reason I have Pistanthrophobia.

Where's my EFF You Font on my computer?

Скажите мне другая история...

Comment

Was it a Serta Mattress??

Comment

Takes a set of rocks to do something like that.....
                    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Wow, it's usually male officers who get accused, rightly or wrongly, of asking for sexual favors in exchange for not writing a ticket.

This woman takes it to a whole new level, really planning ahead to collect on those free passes in style!
                      "Snort-laughter is the best medicine"
                      ----- Mussel Bound

Don't forget to laugh today. The more implausible it seems, the more you need to.

Comment

I went hard up to 2.5 months before I was out, and even those last 2.5 months I went hard at the data entry for my unit so the rest could look good.

Its your face in the mirror you are staring at while putting on your eyeliner, so if you can stand yourself when acting "fireproof", fill yer boots!
                        #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                        Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                        RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                        Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                        "Smile" - no!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6116 users online. 361 members and 5755 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X