Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Your Employer Do Any Periodic Checks After Hiring?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Your Employer Do Any Periodic Checks After Hiring?

For example, does your city/county/state, etc. check to see that all employees driving a vehicle have a valid drivers license? Or, for example in the case of a DOT worker driving trucks, verify that it is a commercial drivers license? And, if they do, is it for ALL employees or just sworn law enforcement officers? I am just curious because I ran across some posts here recently about residency requirements and verification. Also, at least one of those posts mentioned sending an officer by to verify that the officer on sick leave lives at the address on file and is, in fact, home sick.

Anyway, I can see for a government employer particularly, that it would be embarrassing to find that say a police officer had a revoked drivers license. Or, if a firefighter had a warrant for his or her arrest. The places I am aware of have a self-reporting requirement and we all know how effective those can be!

Lets face it, in this day and age, things can and do happen. Frankly, I could make an argument either way on this one. If it hasn't been a problem,why go to the effort of checking. On the other hand, considering how risk managers seem to be at the helm of a lot of organizations now, I can see them wanting this done.

Our agency checks the status of every officer and person that operates a city vehicle every year. Had a couple people come up with suspended licenses, generally for insurance issues.

Comment

Done on an annual basis.

Comment

Annual.............
        This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
          Annual.............
          This^^^^^

Comment

Annually. Its done in conjunction with the yearly performance evaluation.

Comment

Originally posted by A.D.D Cop View Post
              Annually. Its done in conjunction with the yearly performance evaluation.
              Yep, and member inspections.
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
                Done on an annual basis.
                Same here!
                Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

It's Automatic In California

California has what's called the Employer Pull Notice (EPN) program for government agencies.

An employer enrolled in the EPN program is assigned a requester code. The requester code is added to an employee's driver license (DL) record. When an employee's DL is updated to record an action/activity, a check is made electronically to determine if a pull notice is on file. If the action/activity is one that is specified to be reported under the EPN program, a driver record is generated and mailed to that employer.
                  Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

My Agency requires Supervisors to regularly check Trooper's Driver Licenses. This is done and documented through periodic personnel and vehicle inspections.

Comment

I'm sure they do but I dont know, no one has ever asked me about any of my licenses.

Comment

Yup,yup and yup.
                        Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

The mayor of Atlanta's brother, also a city employee, was just caught driving a city car with a suspended license.. his license has been expired since 2006. He also had a bench warrant. This only came to light because he was pulled over and let go by a police commander then the media got a hold of the video and he's now without a job.

Comment

Never in 3 years...I just re-wrote the P&P manual and I think I shall add this one in there.

Comment

Originally posted by jannino View Post
                              The mayor of Atlanta's brother, also a city employee, was just caught driving a city car with a suspended license.. his license has been expired since 2006. He also had a bench warrant. This only came to light because he was pulled over and let go by a police commander then the media got a hold of the video and he's now without a job.
                              I just goggled this. Wow...so, did the police commander or the mayor's brother lose his job?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4114 users online. 207 members and 3907 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X