X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossing the Border - We're Making It Too Easy

We need a better fence.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

A better fence won't necessarily make things better. Ife eliminated the draw by going after those who hire them with heavy enforcement & harsh penalties we wouldn't have to worry about them coming here illegally in the first place.
    This Space For Rent

Comment

Originally posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
      A better fence won't necessarily make things better. Ife eliminated the draw by going after those who hire them with heavy enforcement & harsh penalties we wouldn't have to worry about them coming here illegally in the first place.
      How would that stop drug smugglers

Comment

Originally posted by JD_TO View Post
        How would that stop drug smugglers
        It wouldn't. But with reduced resouces being needed for immigration more could be directed towards drug encorcement.
        This Space For Rent

Comment

Claymores and landmines.

Comment

Minefields are easily mapped.

The only way for it to be properly secured is to militarize it. Intersecting fields of fire with listening/ observation posts/hides. Shooting anyone who crosses the border at an unauthorized access point. Don't shoot anyone who is visibly a juvenile. Advertise this throughout Mexico for 30 days using their radio stations and television so there is no excuse due to their illiteracy rate. Utilize drone technology with psyops units to fly the border and broadcast warnings from the drones.
            NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

My Apologies

Guys,

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to start a debate on border security. Mine was just a tongue in cheek post about how poorly constructed that section of the fence was that you could crank it open with a tire jack. I was thinking a solar powered garage door motor might be of greater assistance.
              Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Just so long as you keep your tongue in your cheek.

Border security just happens to be one of my "hot button issues." Sorry for derailing your thread.
                NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post

The only way for it to be properly secured is to militarize it. Intersecting fields of fire with listening/ observation posts/hides. Shooting anyone who crosses the border at an unauthorized access point. Don't shoot anyone who is visibly a juvenile. Advertise this throughout Mexico for 30 days using their radio stations and television so there is no excuse due to their illiteracy rate. Utilize drone technology with psyops units to fly the border and broadcast warnings from the drones.
                  Boom! That's the way to fix the problem.... It's unfortunate however violence gets attention and seems to work. America is invaded by these parasites everyday....time to fight instead of being taken advantage of
                  "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                  The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                  sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                  Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post

Yeah, its such a shame that we have a Constitution...
                    "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

The Constitution has been amended before. Maybe it's about time it's done again.

I've don't agree that someone here "illegally" should automatically reap the benefits of Constitutional protections solely on the basis that they've crossed a border. It's not a game of tag with U.S. soil being home base. The Preamble begins, "We the people of the United States..." It wasn't written for those who just happen to stumble in-country but assigned two specific (of the many) duties to the federal government: regulate immigration and to provide for the common defense. The video above is a testament to the horrific failings in both those areas.

You and the others on the line are not responsible for that failure. The politicians who has capitulated to a swelling populace and failed to take a stand are the ones at fault - and that's not political party-specific.
                      NRA Life Member

Comment

Set Claymore on the other end

Comment

They should have built a fence that had a 2-3 foot deep cement foundation, but no that might deter illegalsfrom jacking up the fence..
                          Retired LASD

Comment

Originally posted by yellowreef View Post
                            Yeah, its such a shame that we have a Constitution...
                            Anything in the Constitution about bombing Mexico?

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
                              Anything in the Constitution about bombing Mexico?
                              The Constitution doesn't mention any country except the United States. Have you read Article One, Section Eight? In addition to other authority it grants to Congress, it authorizes Congress "To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;". I think that bombing Mexico, without a formal declaration of war against that country, would be excessive.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5659 users online. 350 members and 5309 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X