Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its that time! What do you like most about the Fall?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its that time! What do you like most about the Fall?

Tomorrow is October 1st! In follow up to the "What do you most like about Summer", many of you said it was Fall you liked the best. So.... what do you like the most about Fall.

I love the start of Christmas decorations in the stores and the smell of the air!

For me it means getting back to the camping that my wife and I enjoy. Cooler weather also seems to revive me somewhat as I tend to get real lazy in the summer. We have a real big camping trip planned for Thanksgiving. That is if it's not REAL cold. No sense going camping and huddling in the tent for two days! Although I am not much on hunting several people have brought it up, and it might be a good diversion. Break out the 30.30 and try to get a deer. Probably not though.

Comment

An anti-NWO auto mechanic with a computer and a "thuuty-thuuty"-boy THERES a stereotype!!!!

I'll bet they have whole SERVER computers at Quantico (FBI Profiling) dedicated to Sullivan (or if they don't, they will after a few "tips"... )

Anyway, I've joked so much, now I'll have to wait till this evening to give my REAL answers...Until then, just know that I AM a fall person, and most of all, it's because of the cooler weather, and leaves (western North Carolina, baaaaaaaaaby!)
      People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

I'd take my Mak90 deer hunting but I don't have a five round mag for it, and I gave my 30.06 to my son, so the thirty thirty would have to do. Besides it's got all the power a man can handle.

Can you imagine all the pristine hunters that would be ****ed off if they saw someone hunting with a so called assault rifle? I know one guy that's such a gun ho hunter, when he found out I was thinking of buying a 30.06 for deer hunting, he replied, "I won't hunt deer with anything that big!" I asked him what he hunted with and he says a .270.

Let's see, 308 - 277 = 31. 31 thousands of an inch smaller projectile huummm? I just think it's silly to think there's that much difference. The deers dead either way, right? I guess I'll really start a fight now if there's many hunters here.

[ 09-30-2001: Message edited by: Mike Sullivan ]

Comment

Time to take a few Gobblers out of these Oklahoma woods!

Jim Burnes

Comment

I love when the leaves change. The scenery is so breathtaking. Fall isn't my favorite season, but it's hard not to enjoy all the beauty.

I'm more a summmer person. Give me the heat and the ocean any day.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderwoman:
              [QB] So.... what do you like the most about Fall.
              [QB]
              The crunch of leaves and the varied color of the trees. Homemade soups and old movies.

Camping in the Fall is fun too.Giggling in the tent. If it's with the right person. Last camping trip was about 150 people and sitting around campfires and drinking big mugs of steaming camp coffee. Then fix up huge breakfasts for the groups. Fun.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mike Sullivan:
                [QB]I'd take my Mak90 deer hunting but I don't have a five round mag for it, and I gave my 30.06 to my son, so the thirty thirty would have to do. Besides it's got all the power a man can handle.
                [B/]
                Uh oh! Another plots a foot to kill Bambi. Run Bambi! Ruuuuuuun.

Comment

I love the cooler weather.. jeans and sweaters and boots. I love the foliage.. Fall is my fav season
                  No partner is worth your tears -
                  the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

The cooler temperatures, the changing leaves and a fire in the fireplace. But, since I live in Florida, and those things are memories for me, I guess the thing I like the most is the end of hurricane season.

Oh...and FOOTBALL!

Comment

Note-this is in rambling format-no order.

We are blessed here with some beautiful mountain views, but of late we have been plagued with ozone! Here, in Smalltown NC! Ozone! But with the cooler air, it's gone, and now we can see our blue mountains again.

And the cooler air-it's even easier to breathe. If I want to sweat, I'll PT. I DO NOT WANT TO SWEAT WALKING FROM THE CAR TO WAL MART!!! The prettier leaves come right after this. Camping is so much better (summer=snakes, bugs, idiots) I no longer even go at all from April to October.

To be able to work a whole shift and not sweat so much under the vest it smells like the head of a World War II submarine (although I've been lazy lately and not wore it anyway...) Being able to conceal a pistol without looking like a pervert, wearing a jacket in July...

Fleece, hot cocoa, sweaters, knowing Christmas is just around the corner (only 85 shopping days til Christmas...if anyone needs my "list", and only 180 shopping days until my birthday-hinthint...)

I even like "fall and winter" clothes better-
                      I think a woman wearing sweaters, hiking boots, or fleece, drinking coffee or cocoa is more sexy than one wearing shorts and a flimsy top at the mall anyday, (but I don't complain... )

IDEAL DAY:

A day trip with a daypack, my wife, my camera, and our best friends, with no worries, spent on the Blue Ridge Parkway, traveling by car, stopping to do a few short trails, ending in Asheville or Blowing Rock at a shop or two and eating an awesome dinner. Finish up sitting in front of a fireplace drinking cappuchino (well, finishing with the details I can write on a public forum )

And all the things I CAN'T put a finger on!
                      I'm pretty articulate, but there's still somethings I love about fall I can't express. Thank God it's here!
                      People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

Goose hunting! Give them a few more weeks to fatten up and lose some pin feathers am I'm out there!
                        Graeme

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Dave:
                          Note-this is in rambling format-no order.

We are blessed here with some beautiful mountain views, but of late we have been plagued with ozone! Here, in Smalltown NC! Ozone! But with the cooler air, it's gone, and now we can see our blue mountains again.

And the cooler air-it's even easier to breathe. If I want to sweat, I'll PT. I DO NOT WANT TO SWEAT WALKING FROM THE CAR TO WAL MART!!! The prettier leaves come right after this. Camping is so much better (summer=snakes, bugs, idiots) I no longer even go at all from April to October.

To be able to work a whole shift and not sweat so much under the vest it smells like the head of a World War II submarine (although I've been lazy lately and not wore it anyway...) Being able to conceal a pistol without looking like a pervert, wearing a jacket in July...

Fleece, hot cocoa, sweaters, knowing Christmas is just around the corner (only 85 shopping days til Christmas...if anyone needs my "list", and only 180 shopping days until my birthday-hinthint...)

I even like "fall and winter" clothes better-
                          I think a woman wearing sweaters, hiking boots, or fleece, drinking coffee or cocoa is more sexy than one wearing shorts and a flimsy top at the mall anyday, (but I don't complain... )

IDEAL DAY:

A day trip with a daypack, my wife, my camera, and our best friends, with no worries, spent on the Blue Ridge Parkway, traveling by car, stopping to do a few short trails, ending in Asheville or Blowing Rock at a shop or two and eating an awesome dinner. Finish up sitting in front of a fireplace drinking cappuchino (well, finishing with the details I can write on a public forum )

And all the things I CAN'T put a finger on!
                          I'm pretty articulate, but there's still somethings I love about fall I can't express. Thank God it's here!
                          So what are you trying to say...?

Comment

There are other seasons besides rain season and tourist season?

Comment

Fall is my absolute FAVORITE time of year. THe change in the weather, acorns, Halloween!And the FAIR! I live in far Northeast Flroida and we actually have a bit of changing of the season in our trees. Doesn't get really cold tho and I love cold weather! We have a few below freezing days but not many. I'd love to move where it got a little colder with not much snow.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6143 users online. 337 members and 5806 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X