Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

65yr old knocked off of bicycle and assaulted, successfully defends self with firearm

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 65yr old knocked off of bicycle and assaulted, successfully defends self with firearm

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...ike-kills-one/

Cops: Man, 65, shoots teens who pushed him off bike, kills one

(CBS) - Police say a 65-year-old man attacked by three teenagers in Pennsylvania shot two of them, killing one, after they knocked him off his bike and assaulted him in an alleged robbery attempt.

Police say on Wednesday the man was riding on a trail in Reading, about 60 miles northwest of Philadelphia, when the teens pushed him off the bicycle and two assaulted him, reports the Reading Eagle.

The man reportedly took out a handgun and shot the attackers.

According to the Eagle, police did not release the name of the boy who died but said he was 16-years-old. The other injured teen was reportedly taken to the nearby Reading Hospital and a third was taken in for questioning.

Police did not release the name of the man, who has not been charged, the Eagle reports.

Aww, I love stories like this one. I just hope the old man isn't going to lose everything in a civil trial later.

Comment

Settled at scene.

Comment

It happened in Reading. PA is very liberal when it comes to firearms so the guy shouldnt have a problem. If it happened in Philly, it might be another story.
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Quite a few stories lately of members of the public defending themselves with deadly force. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Being a scumbag offender is becoming more hazardous it would appear.
          It's better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not.

Comment

Its a sad thing when a sixteen year old dies from his own stupidity; its even sadder when someone else dies from a sixteen year olds stupidity.
            If someone had to die, I'm glad it was the right one.
            The two who lived should get a felony murder charge.
            sigpic
            Don't make me gassy.
            You wouldn't LIKE me when I'm gassy...

If you're offended by something that I've said...it was just your turn.

Comment

The man defended himself from an attack by younger, more physically fit, numerically superior people.

Case closed. Buy the man a beer.

Comment

What kind of sorry little POS cowards thought they needed 3 to 1 odds against a man old enough to be their grandfather?

They should issue pink uniforms for scum like this and for child molesters, and leave them in general population dressed for success like that.
                "Snort-laughter is the best medicine"
                ----- Mussel Bound

Don't forget to laugh today. The more implausible it seems, the more you need to.

Comment

Looks like the herd was thinned a little.... You go 65yom... For not being victimized...
                  Everything rises or falls on leadership. Everything.
                  drjayirvin.wordpress.com

Comment

I'm wondering where all the anti-gun folk are. The ones that say regular people don't need to carry outside the home for self defense.

Comment

Running away with crap filling your drawers while your buddy is dead on the ground, from an "old man" in spandex.......PWNED.

Bill
                      Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

Good Stuff!!!! I would like to know what kind of hand gun he used. Did I miss that in the article?

Comment

The 3 teens had robbed 2 other people earlier in the day. The man was licensed with a License To Carry Firearm. The firearm used was never mentioned.

http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=361731
                          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Comment

There is a FB memorial page to the kilt teen. Some of the comments are dead on, and most of the comments of his buddies are.......telling.
                              "It is better to avoid than to fight, better to deter than to kill. But.....it is better to kill than to die, or watch an innocent slaughtered, because you didn't have the wherewithal to defend them." - M. A.

"We should bear in mind that, in general, it is the object of our newspapers rather to create a sensation-to make a point-than to further the cause of truth."-Edgar Allan Poe(1809-1849)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5675 users online. 245 members and 5430 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X