300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone undergone allergy testing?

I am having allergy testing tomorrow. I simply can't stand the coughing, sneezing and watery eyes anymore. I couldn't imagine being a cop and having this problem!
    Mitzi reading rights-----You have the right (AHHHHHCHOOOOOO) to remain silent (cough, cough cough), Anything you say (Blow nose several times) Can and will (AHHHHHHCCCCCHOOOOO, wipe eyes)be held against you. If you can not (blow nose) afford and attorney (AHHHHHHHHHCHOOOO, wipe eyes, blow nose), one will be appointed (AHHHHHHHHHHCHOOO! Reach for kleenex)Do you understand these( AHCCCHOOOOOO! BLOW NOSE!)these rights as I...I....I....AHHHCCHHOOOOOOO! (Blow nose) as I have explained them to you? (cough, cough, cough) lol

Yes. Alergic to cats long grass short grass mold dust air wind sun red lights rainy days...the list goes on. Had to have shots for years til they gave up and got bored with poking me with needles.

Comment

Did the shots help? And did your allergies get worse when you went off the shots? What do you do for your allergies now? Mine are so bad, I'm developing ashtma. I have 2 inhalers and a prescription nasal spray to releieve symptoms.

Comment

I took shots for 10 years, then went 'cold turkey'. I was supposedly allergic to everything from chocolate to ragweed, with mold spores giving the most reactions.

If you look at a pollen granule under a microscope, you can SEE why they irritate your nose and eyes. They look like tiny porcupines!

After ditching the shots, I began taking over-the-counter meds, finally building up an immunity to them, so they no longer worked. Now, I take NOTHING, and have NO probs whatsoever. I live in the South, so ragweed, mold, etc is common. I also have 3 cats a 1 dog INSIDE.

Go figure. Personally....I think 'allergies' are MIStreated much the same as ADHD is.

------------------
        HEARTS and MINDS
        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
        -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

Personally....I think 'allergies' are MIStreated much the same as ADHD is.

I couldn't agree more, Shooter.
          [email protected] "Where there is love, there is no imposition"- Albert Einstien.

Comment

I am and have been for about 10 years, allergic to just about anything that grows on this earth. I have been lucky and am not allergic to any animals, but I do have some food allergies to go with the grass, weeds, trees, pollen, dust, mold and bajillion other things I'm allergic to.

Took shots for a long time as a kid, then they took me off them. I have not found a prescription med that works as of yet, and I have to rotate between over the counter stuff so I don't build up a tolerance to any particular one. Hopefully some day I can beat this dreaded monster...if not I was recently in Phoenix, AZ for some training, and really liked it there!!

Comment

The only allergic reaction I ever had were "invisible hives". We think it was from Coconut although I've never had a allergic reaction to it previously... of course, it was the first time I ate an entire coconut cream pie too.

Comment

Well, I found I am allergic to grasses, weeds, molds and the bigest problem is Live Oak. We have a lot on our property.
                I will start the shots to try and get some relief. I just can't go on this way. I have chronic laryngitis and sinis problems and have been miserable. Only one thing gave me any relief and didn't make me sleepy.....Dimetabb geltabs and they were removed cause of PPA.
                I, als,. am against medication being given for allergies, AHDH, etc but don't knock it completely. I am ADD but have never gone on meds for it nor will I. BUT, my son was ADHD. Given the profession I'm in, I was able to deal with it but, at age 10, it became apparent something more had to be done. He couldn't even sit still to eat. He was put on Ritalin and it was a true help. So, don't knock parents who decide to do this. The guilt trip is why many parents try to work with it before they go the medication route. Many times, like me, it's when all else fails. He no longer takes Ritalin, his choice. He is an adult now and has made the decision to work with his as I have mine, more in the behavorial changes aspects. But, as a child, it took sometimes two people to handle him.
                He does well now because, when you are aware you have it, you can really work with it. As a child tho, there was no reasoning with him.

[This message has been edited by Mitzi (edited 06-14-2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by Ksfuzz:
                  Hopefully some day I can beat this dreaded monster...if not I was recently in Phoenix, AZ for some training, and really liked it there!!
                  Don't let a short term experience fool you. Phoenix is one of the worst places for allergy sufferers. I know of one dentist who gave up a practice he had built up over 12 years because he couldn't get relief.

I'm allergic to grass, certain trees, cats and feathers. I can avoid the latter two, but I'm an outdoor-kind-of-gal and can't avoid grass and trees. I've gone the Claritin/Flonase route and found, like Shooter, that after a while, they don't work as well. Now I only take Claritin when I'm desperate.

Comment

I haven't been able to take any antihistamines for 4 days because of the testing. I have been totally miserable and have hardly driven at all because I can't stop couging and sneezing. I'm praying the shots will help. Something has got to give!
                    Of course, the insurance company is making me jump through the hoops. They said I could have the office visit and testing. Now, more hoops for the shots. I had to contact my primary physcian to find out how to get ANOTHER referral to have the shots. From there, I had to call the allergist to tell them the insurance comapny must have all info on what is to be done before they will issue another referral. I love it. I have to ASK permission to use the service we have paid for all these years THEN I have to be their unpaid secretary to get it!
                    Don't get me started on insurance companies.

Comment

And I look, and feel, like a pin cushion! My H started laughing when we went out to eat cause he says I look like a heroin addict with all the shots in my arms.....My back is SO sore form all the scratches.....I swear I think was she was enjoy using that needle!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4678 users online. 316 members and 4362 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X