Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dang! I got a raise....

....and couldn't even tell it!

I was just looking at my pay stub(I'm a PTer for local PD). I'm now risking life and limb for a whopping $7.39/HR.....

At least they give me a light and siren to play with.....
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

You know, at the camera store, I make more with all the spiffs.

Actually, I make more without all the spiffs...

You know, that light-bar and siren better be really good for all the push-ups I've been doing for the last eight months. There's nothing wrong with being a fat photographer...

Sorry Shooter. You just weren't cut out for high-paying jobs, were you? [Wink]
    I haven't felt this good since we stole the 2000 elections!--Ned Flanders

Comment

I better be FILTHY RICH in my next life or I'm gonna be ****ED!
      "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."

Comment

I keep hoping one of my kids will be the next Bill Gates...and remember me fondly.

Of course, looking at my rank book this quarter...I really doubt it...
        I haven't felt this good since we stole the 2000 elections!--Ned Flanders

Comment

shooter??? what is your day job?
          Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

He's a male stripper.

Comment

Close. I'm a school teacher.

Comment

He's a "riot control" expert.

Comment

lol!
                  quote:
                  There's nothing wrong with being a fat photographer...
                  now, c'mon boys, I'm getting paid exactly NOTHING to be a fully sworn/commissioned deputy with full police powers... AND I have to train on my nights off from my real job which means no overtime... AND I have to supply my own gear... AND--since I'm a woman, my own uniforms. (well, they'll give me uniforms if I can fit--but they're men's, and while I can pass my PAT, I am NOT of the 'boyishly athletic' figure type. so I have to buy uniforms too)

Hell, I'd take minimum... I *even* loose my $1 an hour on-call pager stipend from my State Police/Catholic Charities gig. It may be only $20 bucks or so for a day on call, but it's STILL more than what I'm making on the road.

And just when I think I don't need any other incentive to keep me humble, in another TWO YEARS I will be making in Dispatch what I *was* making 3.5 years AGO in my old career...

...sigh... now where was that thread on it being a job or a calling???? A calling, right up there with the other voices that get you locked up in a nice padded room with 3 squares a day... [Wink]

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by deputy37:
                    now, c'mon boys, I'm getting paid exactly NOTHING to be a fully sworn/commissioned deputy with full police powers... AND I have to train on my nights off from my real job which means no overtime... AND I have to supply my own gear... AND--since I'm a woman, my own uniforms. (well, they'll give me uniforms if I can fit--but they're men's, and while I can pass my PAT, I am NOT of the 'boyishly athletic' figure type. so I have to buy uniforms too)

Hell, I'd take minimum... I *even* loose my $1 an hour on-call pager stipend from my State Police/Catholic Charities gig. It may be only $20 bucks or so for a day on call, but it's STILL more than what I'm making on the road.

And just when I think I don't need any other incentive to keep me humble, in another TWO YEARS I will be making in Dispatch what I *was* making 3.5 years AGO in my old career...

...sigh... now where was that thread on it being a job or a calling???? A calling, right up there with the other voices that get you locked up in a nice padded room with 3 squares a day... [Wink]

Often I have joked over the years how I and most people I work with would do this job for free just because we like doing this work, but your situation sounds ridiculous. I am not questioning your dedication, but what is your Department, or more importantly your municipality, thinking?

Sure, we have unpaid volunteer civilians that are given some training, uniform and gear (which is all paid for by the Provincial Government or local community groups) for them to come out as extra hands and eyes with us on patrol (minimum 160 hours a year, and most put in FAR more than that!). However, they never work on their own.

shooter - don't spend all that money on new chalk (or white-board markers)!
                    #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                    Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                    RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                    Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                    "Smile" - no!

Comment

the true Irony is that the other Dept I am waiting to get on is the same way. Reserves get paid for details & court, and if *they* ask you to come out.

All the other stuff (training, qualifying, etc.) is on your own time and dime.

They at least will provide uniforms that fit.

It's very, very common in rural areas. TRUE Public Service public safety.

I *will* get paid for details and the Task Force stuff after FTO is over. But not for regular patrol.

oh well. That's why I have an *almost* real job to pay the bills. [Wink]

Comment

Like Deputy37, I get paid exactly nothing for being a reserve deputy. We do get uniforms and practice ammo, but that's it. Oh, and I do get a take-home vehicle... whoo!

Most of our reserves here are either jailers with an eye to becoming full-timers or, like me, really enjoy it but cannot afford to quit full-time jobs to do it.

Comment

Most LEO pay is much lower than what you deserve...it just proves how much most of you like doing the job.

We just got a measly 5 cent/hour raise, but you dont want to know what i make for sorting parcels. You will really bitch and moan when stamps go up again

But really, if you want your kids to get great pay and benefits for mindless work, send them to the Postal Service (if it's still around when they grow up).
                          "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

quote:
                            I was just looking at my pay stub(I'm a PTer for local PD). I'm now risking life and limb for a whopping $7.39/HR.
                            I clean and press your uniform and make more money than you????

Criminals prefer unarmed victims.

Comment

I think most of the pay across the US is pathetic. I agree you do not do this for money but it helps. You have to keep afloat.
                              On that side who is the highest pain agency?
                              We were back like in the early 90's(before I got there) and I know Seattle was running 50K.
                              Any one?

That Guy
                              Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4703 users online. 304 members and 4399 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X