So, I get into a foot chase tonight at work, catch up to the suspect in a wooded area with a lot of standing water from days of rain causing overflowing from drainage ditches and nearby rivers and lakes (none of which are what could remotely be described as sanitary) and in a most graceful moment of balance and dexterity, send us both tumbling into a large pool of the aforementioned standing water. Upon impacting the water, my mouth is wide open from breathing heavily (we were running you see) and I ingest what I would describe as a man-sized gulp of this nasty arse water. In the end, the suspect goes to jail and while writing up the arrest report in the back of the ambulance (poor fella was suffering from hypothermia) I contact my supervisor to let him know about my ingestion of some nasty sheet and that I would be filling out an OJI this evening. Course, by the time all is said, done, and transported, and I get back to the station, the shift is well since over and my supervisor is gone. Talked with the next shifts supervisors who begrudgingly printed me off some OJI paperwork, told me to take it home, fill it out, and bring it to my supervisor tomorrow. Course, should I get extremely sick between now and then, well, I guess we'll jump off that bridge if/when the time comes. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this joy. Course, my concerns are of parasites, worms, ya know....funky sheet like that. If anyone has ingested similar nasty sheet on duty, how did that go for you, and did your dept. cover it medically, or just say, ehhhh, that officer could have gotten sick from any number of things. Thanks for bearing with me on the long post.
No announcement yet.
ingested some nasty sheet at work tonight
What's Going On
There are currently 8715 users online. 409 members and 8306 guests.
Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.