Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shutdown Urged After Occupy Deaths

http://www.officer.com/news/10450204...-occupy-deaths

With all of the deaths, violence and health hazards associated with these occupy idiots, why haven't local Governments worked harder they shut them down sooner?

Here are some of the highlights from the article:

Oakland police handed out eviction notices at an anti-Wall Street encampment and officials elsewhere urged an end to similar gatherings as pressures against Occupy protest sites mounted in the wake of three deaths in different cities, including two by gunfire.

Oakland Police Officer's Association issued an open letter saying the camp is pulling officers away from crime-plagued neighborhoods.
    "With last night's homicide, in broad daylight, in the middle of rush hour, Frank Ogawa Plaza is no longer safe," the letter said. "Please leave peacefully, with your heads held high, so we can get police officers back to work fighting crime in Oakland neighborhoods."

The Oakland shooting occurred the same day a 35-year-old military veteran apparently shot himself to death in a tent at a Burlington, Vt., Occupy encampment.

On Friday, a man believed to be in his 40s was found dead inside a tent at the Occupy Salt Lake City encampment, from what police said was a combination of drug use and carbon monoxide.

Mayor Sam Adams ordered the camp shut down by midnight Saturday, saying the tipping point came this week with the arrest of a camper on suspicion of setting off a Molotov cocktail outside an office building, as well as two non-fatal drug overdoses at the camp.

Many at the camp said they would resist any effort to remove them.
    "There will be a variety of tactics used," said organizer Adriane DeJerk, 26. "No social movement has ever been successful while being completely peaceful."
    Last edited by Street_Cop50; 11-13-2011, 07:07 PM.
    Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

I keep hearing the news saying that most Americans are for this movement, yet I have not talked to anyone who is backing them. Maybe I need to go speak to some high school kids with no real world experience to find supporters.
    Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Originally posted by Jiu-Jitsu Cop View Post
      I keep hearing the news saying that most Americans are for this movement, yet I have not talked to anyone who is backing them. Maybe I need to go speak to some high school kids with no real world experience to find supporters.
      That would require you find some high school that care enough to even know about it. The only people (I mean person) I know that support them is a friend who oddly enough is working and making good money.

My question is I keep hearing people say that when the drop the NY people are going to packup and quit. Well what about the Phoenix, S. CA, etc. were it's almost never too cold for much more than a heavy jacket.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
      (")_(")
      Copy and paste Bunny into your
      signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

Originally posted by CACBAND View Post
        That would require you find some high school that care enough to even know about it. The only people (I mean person) I know that support them is a friend who oddly enough is working and making good money.

My question is I keep hearing people say that when the drop the NY people are going to packup and quit. Well what about the Phoenix, S. CA, etc. were it's almost never too cold for much more than a heavy jacket.
        Every one is in a liberal college town--------------------you would need to go to a university campus to talk to the supporters

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
          Every one is in a liberal college town--------------------you would need to go to a university campus to talk to the supporters
          That's why I'm happy I'm not in Flagstaff anymore. It's a really nice town and area but way too many uncool people.
          (\__/)
          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
            I live between two university campuses. People here are very liberal AND educated. but they all have the same question: how does camping out and having drum circles influence wall street bankers and stock brokers?why would they care?

the only people i know who support this are young but they're not students. they're actually dropouts mostly.

my mom said it best: the protestors aren't angry. they're bored. this is just something to do.
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
              my mom said it best: the protestors aren't angry. they're bored. this is just something to do.
              I admit that is in large part my feeling too. They really having nothing better to do. My one friend that I know, more or less lives in the middle of nowhere but close enough to work in an area that has a camp, so when he has nothing better to do like work, he goes there.
              (\__/)
              (")_(")

Comment

Here is the part I liked.

..."With last night's homicide, in broad daylight, "...
                Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Originally posted by OneAdam12 View Post
                  Here is the part I liked.

..."With last night's homicide, in broad daylight, "...
                  I thought I was the only one who noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by OneAdam12 View Post
                    Here is the part I liked. ..."With last night's homicide, in broad daylight, "...
                    One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead guys came out to fight. Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. A deaf police man heard it all, and came to shoot the two dead boys........ If you don't believe me, you can ask the blind man, he saw it too. :-)
                    Getting shot hurts. Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you. My personal thoughts is to avoid being shot by any caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by Street_Cop50 View Post
                      http://www.officer.com/news/10450204...-occupy-deaths

With all of the deaths, violence and health hazards associated with these occupy idiots, why haven't local Governments worked harder they shut them down sooner?

and the rest of your quote....
                      "
                      Yep, I expect to see the Barack Obamas, the Nancy Pelosis, and the OWS trolls of the world on O.com start to backpedal real soon as they finally see no one's buying their divisive, class-warfare destructive pro-hippy bu******.

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
                        I live between two university campuses. People here are very liberal AND educated. but they all have the same question: how does camping out and having drum circles influence wall street bankers and stock brokers?why would they care?

the only people i know who support this are young but they're not students. they're actually dropouts mostly.

Well look what we see? An Occupy Wall Street troll now starting to back peddle. Hmmm, imagine that.

Comment

Natural selection is in effect again.

let the camps stay until only the 10 Alpha hippies survive.

hose those ones off and give them jobs in congress.

everyone wins.

M-11
                          “All men dream...... But not equally..
                          Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                          but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                          for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6741 users online. 276 members and 6465 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                          X