300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it my imagination?

Or are you all noticing a marked increase in animal cruelty cases of late? It's becoming distressingly routine to see these horrid stories in the news... I swear, it's absolutely heartbreaking.

What's going on, is it just my perception?
    If you've ever handled a call like that--how in the world could you stand to deal with these malignant pukes?

------------------
    You did what?!

[This message has been edited by TigerLily (edited 06-13-2001).]

Yes. I've noticed that a lot more animal cruelty cases are being tried.

I think people are starting to realize that animal cruelty leads to more serious crime. And people are starting to report these crimes more, and in turn, the prosecutors have stopped giving slaps on the wrist.

In my neck of the woods, they uncovered a county-wide ring of people raising and fighting pit bulls. The dogs had to be destroyed, and I believe the people responsible were the first to be tried on animal cruelty in a very long time.

Comment

We recently had a case here where somebody set fire to a cat while they were driving along and threw it out the window, into oncoming traffic.
      I mean, honestly... what is that supposed to be about?!
      I dunno what this world's coming to....

Comment

I do not think that there are any more of these, in fact statistics in my agency show a downturn over the past 7 years since the stats have been tracked, but in todays sensationalistic reporting of news they certainly get more air time.
        Boo! Scared ya did'nt I

Comment

In my area, it has been reducing. We have a university in our town, so there are fraternities, and fraterities mean - MASCOTS . There is usually about a call a week about this fraterity having their goat stolen, spry painted different colors, and thrown into a pool. Other than that, It has been decreasing here, and I havent heard to many on the news for the stat or country either.

------------------
          Stay Safe Everyone!

Matthew Frank
          Stay Safe Everyone!

Matthew Frank
          Owner, Code3 Response
          www.code3response.com

Comment

Here in Philly we are seeing a lot more of the animal abuse cases documented in the press. I think mainly due to the unfortunate popularity of fighting pit-bulls. Our SPCA no longer will be our "dog catchers" because of the growing pit bull population and the City's lack of response to the trend.
            Originally posted by TigerLily:
            Or are you all noticing a marked increase in animal cruelty cases of late? It's becoming distressingly routine to see these horrid stories in the news... I swear, it's absolutely heartbreaking.

What's going on, is it just my perception?
            If you've ever handled a call like that--how in the world could you stand to deal with these malignant pukes?

"The streets of Philadelphia are safe...it's the people that make them unsafe"---Frank Rizzo
            http://hometown.aol.com/ppd9886/PhillyCopSpot.html

Comment

I have three dogs and all were abandoned or abused in some way. Our black lab was found by an officer when he was 4 mos. old. Some kids had put him in a garbage bag trying to kill him. He's one of the best dogs we've ever had.

Comment

My apologies for not checking back sooner... off on training.

RaychelR,
                I'm so glad to hear that your fab-lab (well they are! ) found a loving home with you. All my "babies" are rescues too. Developing that trust can be an arduous road--but I can't think of anything more rewarding.

I still don't know how cops can keep themselves from batting somebody around when they torture kids or animals--like that scene in Tombstone where Wyatt Earp smacks that guy across the face "...hurts, don't it?!"

Comment

I took my female Yorkie because her owners boyfriend was seen kicking the poor tiny little thing with steel toed boots. I would have gotten rid of the boyfriend, not the dog. We tok our second Yorkie because the breeder was going to put hi down because she couldn't sell him. She let her litle girl play with him until he was no longer a little puppy but I persuaded her to give him to me. And he is the sweetest little guy.
                  And we found our white cat, who is deaf, at the ballfield half-dead from where someone dropped him. Add Big Ole Bubba was found in a dumpster as a kitten.
                  All are neutered with shots and I adore them all. I just wish I had room for more.

Comment

A bit off topic here, but some of the cutest li'l sweeties I've ever seen were teacup Yorkies! Talk about "personality plus"!!! I've always thought teacup Scotties would get rave reviews too!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3288 users online. 202 members and 3086 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X