300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When TV Crew Ridealongs Go Bad

Is this why they stick TV crews with the junior guy?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=091_1320353225
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Reporter/Cameraman shouldn't be allowed on ride-alongs anymore.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
    (")_(")
    Copy and paste Bunny into your
    signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

LOL, Cop just did his business and headed back to his car.

Comment

Oh Cmon, dont be mean to tha thilly beyotch.
        Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

Many people are known to have attitudes when on the receiving end of a ticket. Call me whatever you want, but dealing with gay black men is ..uhhh.. let's say, an experience. Take it however you want, but being in a customer service oriented business in many demographics... they are in a class of their own.

A quick question.. actual TV shows would require a waiver, correct? What makes this an exception?

Comment

Originally posted by jannino View Post
            A quick question.. actual TV shows would require a waiver, correct? What makes this an exception?
            What makes you think there wasn't one? A verbal waiver (obtained at the beginning of the stop) would probably be sufficient. We only see the end of the stop.

Comment

Gay men have the BEST insults...
              Originally posted by RSGSRT
              We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
              Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Code6Chuck View Post
                What makes you think there wasn't one? A verbal waiver (obtained at the beginning of the stop) would probably be sufficient. We only see the end of the stop.
                You could be right.

Do you have any actual knowledge of the process? Do you know when camera crews are required to get a waiver? Do you know if news agencies are exempt from that?

Or is at as simple as he can be filmed because he is public and has no expectation of privacy?

Comment

That reporter would be walking back to the station as I would have left him there trading insults long ago...
                  Originally posted by crass cop
                  Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by LaPlaca View Post
                    That reporter would be walking back to the station as I would have left him there trading insults long ago...
                    Now that's funny.

Comment

I can see the camera panning up to see the CHP car drive off. Now that would be entertaining.
                      Ut humiliter opinor

Comment

Wow..

The trooper acted professionally from what I saw. I can't believe that anyone would get into an argument with a violator over this. If I were the trooper, I would be really ****ed that he stayed there. He's a liability and it's a safety issue. They are there as objective observers and they should remain silent in my opinion.. That being said, the violator seemed like a real *** and I can understand why someone would get frustrated. This happens all the time on traffic stops though and he should have just ignored it like the tv crews. I don't like news crews because of stuff like this.. And if you think about it they're a huge safety issue. When SHTF I'd perfer not to have to protect someone else.
                        All posts are my personal opinion and are not necessarily reflective of the views of my department.

Comment

Originally posted by LaPlaca View Post
                          As you absolutely should! What an embarrassment for the officer, and way to prolong and escalate a situation the officer just handled peacefully and professionally. Obnoxious as the driver was, that was probably nothing compared to an average shift for the officer!

Quoting ddurkof
                          I can see the camera panning up to see the CHP car drive off. Now that would be entertaining.
                          You would want the camera to pan from the tail lights fading into the distance, to the reporter's startled face, along with a well-timed squeal of the tires.
                          "Snort-laughter is the best medicine"
                          ----- Mussel Bound

Don't forget to laugh today. The more implausible it seems, the more you need to.

Comment

It would have been a WHOLE lot easier for everyone, once the ticket got signed the officer should have just walked away---the camera guy would have followed him along & there would've been no one there to insult.........

Comment

How can you tell the man is gay?

Just sayin

He does need a bitch slap right in the face though. In his defense, no one likes getting a ticket. Few like it even more when they are on tv. No, no release needs to be signed if it's for editorial purposes, like the evening news. Entertainment like cops then yes a release needs to be signed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13114 users online. 483 members and 12631 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X