300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Niteshift...

How about 'vandalism', for shooting the state's property and perhaps 'criminal mischief', too.

------------------
    HEARTS and MINDS
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

I carry a Glock 21 (.45 caliber) I like the sig also... If you have small hands a nice 9mm or something like it, maybe a compact .40 or .45 would work fine. Safety is the most important thing to remember when dealing with a weapon. get to know how your gun works, how to handle it properly, and you will be a confident gun user.

Comment

He "brandished" his weapon but he never shot it. He pointed at the stop sign was all. Then he said, "Oh, can I have that 2 liter bottle (in our trash). It would make a great silencer." He also held his gun sideways, like in the movies. I just lost it with him. I guess he has semi gotten the message from everyone but we have decided we will call the police the next incident.
        My neighbor once went to check on another neighbors house because he heard a noise. He went into the backyard and there was this yahoo standing there with a .45 cause he heard the noise also. He had the gun pointed at him also. It was almost a tradegy just waiting to happen.
        He's keeping a low profile right now but we are all watching. He doesn't even realize how this affecting his marriage. He spends all his extra money on the gun and the firing range. His wife is ready to walk.
        He is also the one that can be cruel to animals. I'm watchign that also. Many moons ago, we went out to eat with them. ONE TIME! ggeezzzzz He was talking about his guns and how you control animals with fear...and on and on and on. I said, "What, do your guns and hitting the animals make you a MAN?" Whoa, he didn't like that. But I told him and his wife if I EVER saw him abuse an animal, I'd report that too! Dumb man!

Comment

I'm not a big fan of guns so I don't own one. My ex had several, and while I've gone to the range w/him a few times, I never could get comfortable holding one. Right now, it's pepper spray for me. Maybe one day I'll feel differently.

kk

------------------
          "There's no place like home."

Comment

I am the same way, katey. But, awhile back, I went over late at night to see why my parents weren't answering their phone. On the way home, my car broke down at 1 am. I had my mace but I found myself wishing I just had a small hand gun in my purse. My H was out of town so I called the police on their non-emergency number and someone came out and helped me. Several people stopped before they got there and were very nice. But, I admit, I was scared. I felt so vulnerable.
            I explained something, though, in another thread. There is a reason I teach learning disabled and disturbed kids. I, myself, am learning disabled. I definitely suffer from Attention Span Deficit. I have known that since college. There was no help back then so I made it through school and college just through sheer grit and it was really hard.
            I have it even now. I've never been on medication for it and never will. My attention wanders and I am easily distracted but I cope with it through methods I taught myself (like saying, "D*****, Mitzi, PAY ATTENTION!lol). But, it's for these reasons I don't think I should own a gun.

[This message has been edited by Mitzi (edited 06-13-2001).]

Comment

"How about 'vandalism', for shooting the state's property and perhaps 'criminal mischief', too."

In FL, where this happened, criminal mischief is vandalism. I didn't mention it because she didn't say anything about actually hitting the sign. But if he did, I'd charge him with it.

"He "brandished" his weapon but he never shot it. He pointed at the stop sign was all."

I'd have his permit revoked before the week was over.

"Then he said, "Oh, can I have that 2 liter bottle (in our trash). It would make a great silencer."

Great, we know he watches movies too.

"He also held his gun sideways, like in the movies."

Ahhhh, the gangsta tilt........a definate graduate of the Hollywood Shooting Academy.

"He spends all his extra money on the gun and the firing range."

He could do worse things with it.

------------------
              Niteshift-
              Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Someone with a badge, tell me, with all this brandishing talk, am I risking trouble? When I shoot I come home, and almost always clean the guns in the garage. I have to walk from the front door of the house to the garage, and some of the guns are in a gun case and some are not. Some people could conceivably see me carrying a gun, and over react, especially if they see my evil assault rifle and my plastic terrorists pistols. So what do you think?

Comment

I'd certainly hope that's not illegal. Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

------------------
                  Niteshift-
                  Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

[b]bran

Comment

No, Mac. If I was the Deputy that answered that call, I'd play 20 questions with the complainant. Did he point it at you? What made you so scared that you had to get us involved? Did you hear a gunshot? Is it conceiveable that since he came into the house with them, then went into the garage with them, that he had no ill will?

Then I may come over to you, talk to you a bit and see what your demeanor and competence is and leave.

Neighbors are so paranoid these days, it's not funny.

------------------
                      FLLawdog
                      "Never try to teach a pig to sing...it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."

Comment

I'd have no problem if this guy were just carrying his guns into his house or from his car. But he apparently thinks it makes him look like a big man, so virile and hamdsome. YUCK! He had no problem with bringing his guns out to show us when children are around tho he no longer does that. He's been chewed up and spit out so much, he's getting the hint.
                        There are many responsible gun owners in our neighboorhood. They never talk about their guns or bring them out among people.
                        But, it is time to report this guy. One more thing (and there will be) and his guns are goners, I hope.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2272 users online. 136 members and 2136 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X