X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occupy Oakland protester takes a gas canister to the head

http://vimeo.com/31187119

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/10/2...able-to-speak/

Well, I guess he just got his chance to be part of the 1% (lawsuit).
    Not 100% sure whats up with the flash bang after he was down, I'd like to think it was thrown to clear the crowd away from him. One way or the other though, it's not going to look good in the media (than again not much does).
    Last edited by CACBAND; 10-28-2011, 10:10 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
    (")_(")
    Copy and paste Bunny into your
    signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

First of all, that is not a video. That is a slideshow of still-frame pictures. Totally worthless.

Secondly, I don't believe that the police meant to hit him in the head with the gas canister, that'd be a pretty tough shot anyway. I've never fired one but it doesn't look like those are as accurate as a rifle or anything.

And this guy does't appear to be totally innocent. The mayor had called for the police to disperse the crowd, the police can be heard giving an audible warning that "chemical agents" will be used to disperse the crowd if they do not move. According to the pictures provided, this subject appeared to be leading the crowd as he was standing in front of them in an authoritative & defiant (yet not violent) position. The tear gas was clearly used to get the crowd TFO of the streets.

Regardless, yes he will probably get money.
      Last edited by headonstraight; 10-28-2011, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by headonstraight View Post
        First of all, that is not a video. That is a slideshow of still-frame pictures. Totally worthless.

Secondly, I don't believe that the police meant to hit him in the head with the teargas canister, that'd be a pretty tough shot anyway. I've never fired one but it doesn't look like those are as accurate as a rifle or anything.

And this guy does't appear to be totally innocent. The mayor had called for the police to disperse the crowd, the police can be heard giving an audible warning that "chemical agents" will be used to disperse the crowd if they do not move. According to the pictures provided, this subject appeared to be leading the crowd as he was standing in front of them in an authoritative & defiant (yet not violent) position. The tear gas was clearly used to get the crowd TFO of the streets.

Regardless, yes he will probably get money.
        Which link did you click? The top one has a video. Granted heavily edited and not the best, a video non-the-less.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
        (")_(")
        Copy and paste Bunny into your
        signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

First of all it's Oakland Caleeee....need I say anymore?

If it was a cannister...it must have bounced. Surely a direct hit from the cannister would have killed him. Before any deployment of "less lethal" riot control, there is an announcement and a way out...if you disregard the announcement...you are fair game.

I've seen people get hit with the wooden dowels......yikes. If you don't want to get hit...leave the area like you are told!

OPD and the Blue Meanies don't mess around.
          This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Is he a soldier? I hope the Navy dude and him get court martialed if they are active duty. They were standing there being heroes long after the canisters were being dispersed so it looks like he took his chances and came up short..

Comment

Originally posted by CACBAND View Post
              Which link did you click? The top one has a video. Granted heavily edited and not the best, a video non-the-less.
              If we are watching the same link, I saw a slideshow of pictures that appeared to be a frame every 2-3 seconds, like a cartoon flip-book instead of a continuous video.

Comment

Here is KTVU's coverage...note KTVU is based in Oakland.

http://www.ktvu.com/index.html

Media is going crazy with this. He is a Iraq war vet. Mayor called for dispersement...and now is apologizing because someone got hurt! Duh! She just got into the position and is as wishy washy as all heck.
                This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by headonstraight View Post
                  If we are watching the same link, I saw a slideshow of pictures that appeared to be a frame every 2-3 seconds, like a cartoon flip-book instead of a continuous video.
                  It was choppy for me until I let it buffer. Probably 10,000 hippies are watching it while tokin up tonight.

Comment

The news down here in So Calee says he is a general discharge Marine who was discharged before his contract was up...nothing further on that. His room mate served with him in Iraq, and had the same discharge from the Corps.

Yes, they will get money, and lawyers will get filthy rich off this one.
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by Smurfette
                    Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                    Originally posted by DAL
                    You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by FJDave View Post
                      The news down here in So Calee says he is a general discharge Marine who was discharged before his contract was up...nothing further on that. His room mate served with him in Iraq, and had the same discharge from the Corps.

Yes, they will get money, and lawyers will get filthy rich off this one.
                      Betcha it's gonna be ole John Burris......the only difference is this time the guy is white!

Comment

Well look who it is, my favorite sympathizer pushing his usual propaganda. The BS the anarchists and their cousins in the MSM have been selling is about to catch up with them. Been reading polls by any chance? About 60% see right through the bull. Each day they see more. It doesn't take rocket science to know someone would not have hit his head on purpose. Just because the cowards like Oakland's mayor is sympathizing with you folks now doesn't mean all the "normal people" don't see through it.

Comment

Dont wanna get hurt? Well dont keep standing there when your told to leave and tear gas is flying. Did anyone else notice how they were yelling "MEDICCC" like it was black hawk down or something?
                          "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

I seen this on the news yesterday. They said he was a iraq vet from the corps who had a less than honerable discharge. I believe they said he had a fractured skull and was hooked up to all kinds of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
                              Here is KTVU's coverage...note KTVU is based in Oakland.

http://www.ktvu.com/index.html

Media is going crazy with this. He is a Iraq war vet. Mayor called for dispersement...and now is apologizing because someone got hurt! Duh! She just got into the position and is as wishy washy as all heck.
                              The whole movement will get a little mileage while the regular folks take time to process it.....but the OWS hippies have overplayed their hands and it's only a matter of time before they run out of steam.

By the way, everyone keep sending emails, hacks, or anything received along those lines to the Federal Trade Commission. They -for one- are on their a**es like flies on sh**. It's gonna be fun taking out the popcorn in oh about 6 -8 weeks from now.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9696 users online. 412 members and 9284 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X