Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now we know what the "Occupy Groups" want.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now we know what the "Occupy Groups" want.

Now we know what the "Occupy Groups" want. These sound reasonable.

1. End the war on drugs.

2. Ban private gun ownership.

3. Immediate debt forgiveness.

4. Ban the private ownership of land.

5. Institute a moratorium on all foreclosures and layoffs immediately.

6. Allow workers to elect their supervisors.

7. Raise the minimum wage immediately to $18/hr. Createa a maximum wage of $90/hr to eliminate inequality.

8. Institute a 6 hour workday and 6 weeks of paid vacation.

9. Immediate withdrawl from Iraq & Afghanistan.

10. Repeal the Taft-Hartley Act. Unionize ALL workers immediately.

11. Institute a negative imcome tax and tax the very rich at rates up to 90%.

‎12. Create a 5% annual wealth tax for the very rich.

13. Lower the retirement age to 55. Increase Social Security benefits.

14. Create a single payer, universal health care system.

15. Make homeschooling illegal. Religious fanatics use it to feed their children propaganda.

16. Repeal racist & xenophobic English only laws.

17. Open the borders to all immigrants, legal or illegal. Offer immediate, unconditional amnesty to all undocumented residents of the U.S.

18. Pass stricter campaign finance reform laws. Ban all private donations. All campaigns will receive equal funding provided by the taxpayers.

19. Pass far stricter environmental protection and animal rights laws.

20. Reduce the age of majority to 16.

21. Abolish the death penalty and life in prison. We call for the immediate release of all death row inmates from death row and transferred to regular prisons.

22. Release all political prisoners immediately.

I really like number 3, "immediate debt relief". It really shows what these people are about and that is "Lack of taking responsibility." O, I took out a huge college loan, but I now I don't want to pay it back, so I shouldn't have to. .......right.

What about four and five? If they want to end private land ownership then why do they want a "moratorium on all foreclosures?" Idiots! Number two is going to happen!

Comment

Exactly who penned these "demands" and what percentage of the "occupiers" voted to approve them?

These fools are a pretty diverse group, with little in common other than the desire to get something (that they don't have) for little or no effort on their own part. They have no formal organization that really speaks for all of them and many of these demands you've posted are associated with only the most radical (read: Marxist and Anarchist) movements that have attempted to capitalize on the overall mood of discontent. Spreading their "word" cannot be described as anything other than "trolling", so what's your point in doing so?
      "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Where did you get this "list of demands" from?
        “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

Is this real? Holy hell! Haha yeah I see these demands being met. #2 for sure....idiots
          Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water.

Comment

Originally posted by Vorkon View Post
            Is this real? Holy hell! Haha yeah I see these demands being met. #2 for sure....idiots
            No clue, but I'd bet at least half is for real.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
            (")_(")
            Copy and paste Bunny into your
            signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

There's nothing about allowing children to vote so I'm not buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                There's nothing about allowing children to vote so I'm not buying it.
                Seems like no one under 30 really votes these days anyway....
                sigpic
                Originally posted by Smurfette
                Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                Originally posted by DAL
                You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by FJDave View Post
                  Seems like no one under 30 really votes these days anyway....
                  HEY! I vote! I even voted in the Texas Constitutional Amendment Election this week (SNOOZE). Was the first person in the county to early vote!
                  sigpic
                  Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=OAOrT0OcHh0 Here's the real story!
                    MAC

Comment

Originally posted by mac266 View Post
                      I agree!

Comment

Is it some sick irony that number 2 is what it is?

Comment

Originally posted by mac266 View Post
                          I wonder how odd seems to the occupy protestors that there are some of us who actually welcome three and a half days of self-reliance in the wilderness.
                          Sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand...

Comment

I think this woman explained the groups' goals perfectly, don't you?

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                              I think this woman explained the groups' goals perfectly, don't you?

And that kids, is why you should never smoke crack...
                              Education ... has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
                              - G. M. Trevelyan

B.S. Business Administration - Texas A&M 1990
                              MPA - University of Texas Dallas 2004
                              Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice - American Military University 2006
                              Graduate Certificate in Accounting - University of Dallas 2008
                              Various Graduate Credits - UoP
                              MA Christian Ministry Chaplaincy Dallas Baptist University 20%
                              DPA Valdosta State 30%

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5823 users online. 358 members and 5465 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X