Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPD3P59
    replied
    Sounds like he's a better shot than Lon Horiuchi...
    D'oh!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• LBomb
    replied
    The NEGLIGENT discharge has nothing to do with the Glock. It is drummed into our heads to make the weapon safe before doing anything else after discharging at the range. Obviously this lucky fellow failed to do so. Hell, we're not allowed to have a loaded weapon on our range grounds at all unless we are standing on the firing line and preparing for an exercise.
    Stupidity and negligence will get you hurt all the time.

Leave a comment:

• Don
    replied
    Originally posted by copitsweet:
    A little journalistic licence.

At your post copit!!!

------------------
    I used to have an open mind - but my brains kept falling out.

6P1 (retired)

Leave a comment:

• runningwolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Glockarmorer:
    Oops is right! Like I always say, the FBI should stick to bean counting and let the real cops do the hands-on stuff! Heheheh...flame on!!

G.A.

seriously, the cop on the beat has often a better head on his shoulders than some of the much touted agencies that have an over inflated sense of their own importance...
    and do a better job..
    but then, they have accountability to the community, and the fbi does not...

Leave a comment:

• Z28CBR
    replied
    I hear almost every accidental discharge with the Glock is the user failing to REMOVE THE SOURCE OF AMMUNITION before removing the last round from the chamber. In essence they are chambering another round then removing the magazine. Now when you do pull the trigger to disengage the slide you fire the round that was left in the chamber.
    Lucky for those sitting around him that they weren't hit by this "accidental" discharge.

------------------
    Don't give up control for speed.
    Wear your vest, Wear your seatbelt.

Leave a comment:

• KIDCOP
    replied
    We now know one guy who didn't press check before pulling the trigger. Press check is used to check the chamber for a round. I carried a 1911 for about 10 years and never had a problem. Some of the other officer's just knew I was going to shoot myself with that evil pistol. Somehow it was going to go off on it's own. Now I carry a Glock 35 on duty. It goes bang when the trigger is pulled and a round is in the chamber, period. Best

[This message has been edited by KIDCOP (edited 06-13-2001).]

Leave a comment:

• FLLawdog
    replied
    Not necessarily. Setting it down and leaving it unattented, yes.

------------------
    FLLawdog
    "Never try to teach a pig to sing...it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."

Leave a comment:

• Mitzi
    replied
    But wouldn't setting a loaded gun down like that be considered neglient?

Leave a comment:

• Watchman
    replied
    There are TWO types of "uncontrolled" discharges...

Accidental and Negligent...

Accidental is a weapon related mechanical malfunction that actually happens very rarely in real life. Example... a man sets his rifle upon the fender of his pickup truck and bends over to scrape the mud off of his boots, upon doing so knocks rifle to the ground and it discharges...

Negligent...usally caused by lack of training, NO training, absentmindedness or just plain stupidity.
    When a person has been around guns all of his life , has above average knowledge of them and has a negligent discharge, it is usaully absentmindedness or just plain stupidity that causes it.Unfortunatley NO amount of training can remedy this. One must respect the weapon at all times and be constantly aware. In reality, if someone could figure out how to prevent someone from getting stupid or spacing out with gun in hand...they would get rich.

train,train and train some more...and NEVER get commonplacement with ANY weapon.

Leave a comment:

• team green
    replied
    It will only be a matter of time before the FBI and other departments make a knee jerk reaction and ban all Glocks from their respective departments. I am pretty sure that this rule is universal: ALWAYS treat a firearm as if it is loaded until you prove otherwise.

I guarantee that there is not one instructor who doesn't teach that rule.

I always learned that there is no such thing as an "accidental" discharge. If you shoot yourself "accidently" then you did something pretty stupid.

Leave a comment:

• Valor55
    replied
    Hey look at the silver lining here. Sounds like he's a better shot than Lon Horiuchi...

------------------
    It may be a summons to you, but it's therapy for me.

[This message has been edited by valor55 (edited 06-13-2001).]

Leave a comment:

• leedesert
    replied
    copitsweet,

Special Agent Christopher Lorek told police that it's necessary to pull the trigger on the pistol to make it work.
    A little bit of a miss quote there. He said you have to pull the trigger in order to release the slide. This is a true statement for a Glock but the end result is he still didn't clear the gun first.

------------------
    It's easier to get out of jail than it is a morgue. Live long and defend yourself!

Jhn 3:16
    COP in 2002
    NRA Lifer
    GOA
    GSSF
    KABA

Leave a comment:

• Mitzi
    replied
    Just the explanaton of checking your Glock scares me! One reason I teach learning disable and emotionally disturbed kids is that I am also learning disabled. (Some would say I'm disturbed too!lol)
    I definitely suffer from Attention Span Deficit. But, there was no help for this when I was growing up and I somehow compensated for it and went on with my life. Even made it through collge, no small feat for someone with my problem. How I did it, I don't know.
    But, my ADD is still there. My attention wanders and I'm constantly having to call myself to the task at hand. I am easily distracted also. So, that's why I don't think a gun is for me. I don't think I'm safe! lol

Leave a comment:

• Crystal
    replied
    I have a Glock, and one of the first things I was taught is to clear your weapon before leaving the range, cleaning, dry fireing etc...Ouch, but maybe he will remember to use safety next time!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Xanthorius
    replied
    Sigh. One more "accidental" discharge to make people hate Glocks. Look, if you can't remember to check the chamber before you disassemble your weapon, maybe you need a different weapons course.

A few discharges almost exactly like this were given as the final reason why we weren't allowed Glocks in our Academy (thus forcing me to sell mine, buy a new gun, sell IT and buy a Glock again when we were done with firearms). A local deputy shot himself in the leg in exactly the same way.

Say it with me people (especially those at the FBI, I guess)- remove the magazine; lock the slide back and CHECK THE CHAMBER to ensure it is clear; if ya can, get another person to do it, too; and THEN start taking it apart Hey, if I can make it through the Academy without shooting myself or somebody else, you can too!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3291 users online. 209 members and 3082 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X