Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Slow Joe' Biden warns of more rape & murder if jobs bill fails....

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Slow Joe' Biden warns of more rape & murder if jobs bill fails....

I'm not making it up:

http://www.kfiam640.com/cc-common/ne...rticle=9245619

One question: then shouldn't rape, murder AND ALL OTHER CRIMES have gone up, everywhere cops were laid off???????

BTW: The guy to the left of Biden is Barney Melikian, former chief of Pasadena, CA PD and now head of the COPS program (Biden's baby).
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Amazing isn't it? I can't believe the VP of America would be so reckless in the use of his words. There are people out there who will believe this.

I'm neither Republican or Democrat but these two need to go. What kind of BS is this, using this kind of fear to pass a bill.
    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

The funding is only for a year. Then we need to borrow and stimulate again. And again. Progressives simply do not understand where money comes from. They're like high maintenance girlfriends except you're the only one getting screwed.

Comment

Biden

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
        I'm not making it up:

http://www.kfiam640.com/cc-common/ne...rticle=9245619

One question: then shouldn't rape, murder AND ALL OTHER CRIMES have gone up, everywhere cops were laid off???????

BTW: The guy to the left of Biden is Barney Melikian, former chief of Pasadena, CA PD and now head of the COPS program (Biden's baby).
        Nothing this "Administration" does really surprises me anymore. No wait. I'd be totally surprised if they actually got anything right.

Comment

He sounds like one of my former law professors. Oh wait, he was one of my former law professors.

Truly a very nice guy. Hard to defend some of the stuff he says, however.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

I worked doing cable TV installs in Flint, MI 2006 to 2006 as best I recall. From that 6 week exposure my take on it was the biggest issue were the number of folks who HAD made $50k a year or more who suddenly lost those jobs.

I'm all for having more cops on the street, but has anybody ever proven that an Officer can prevent a murder ? Maybe by having the manpower to lock up a person who did one murder before he/she does number 2 ?

The parts of Flint that were cesspools would still be cesspools even if you had a human chain of Police Officers running through them.

For a guy who grew up in an area where the few black people there acted like white people, Flint, MI was a real eye opener. before that I was totally ignorant of how many different ways a house could smell like ****.....greyhound **** was the worst. Another vivid memory is of a basement with a solid FOOT of dirty kids clothes on the floor..they must have just bought new and tossed the old one down there. Or a mattress and box springs on a basement floor, with 24" of partially empty 40oz sitting all around it, not room for another one if you tried. You guys some of you see that every day...but what a culture shock for the uninitiated. The people treated me decent, I was there to perform a service for them...but what a way to live.

And contrast that with some of the older folks in the same neighborhood, clean neat houses, cold as an icebox in July :-)...who would ask you if you needed something to stand on to get up into the basement ceiling, my guess was they were retired auto workers for their generation.

Bill
            Last edited by willbird; 10-14-2011, 12:02 PM.
            Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

Between those on the left (ie: Biden) using scare tactics like this to promote their political agenda and those on the right (http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...r-Federal-LEOs) using things like the envy of the unemployed to promote their agenda, it's no wonder things are so screwed up in government. Frankly I'm sick of both parties and Barney (if you happen to ever read this), I'm embarrassed by your apparent support for these claims. You know better.
              "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

I must have watched a different video.

The video on the link didn't say ANYTHING about failing to pass the jobs bill will bring about more rapes and murders. Biden stated that since Flint has laid off half their cops, crime has gone up, and he used the rape and murder rate as an example. Any time you lay off cops and push officers who would investigate violent crimes to the streets or increase response times to calls or increase the work load of the few remaining investigators, the conviction rate will drop, and the criminals will catch on. Add to it the desperation of high unemployment and the hopelessness that goes along with it and you will have more people turning to crime or selling drugs just to feed themselves or provide for their families.

I never heard one word about the jobs bill; although, it would make more sense that the more jobs there are (hopefully) the unemployment rate will go down and crime will go down with it, at least in theory.

I'm not a Democrat or a Republican and I watched the video with an open mind so that's what I came away with. If he had said "If you don't pass the jobs bill, there will be more rapes and murders" then I would tend to agree with you.

Furthermore, I don't see how ANYONE who works in law enforcement can be against the laying off of police officers, firefighters, or EMS workers. If you are, then go turn in your badges and resign and make room for those of us who are holding onto our jobs by the skin of our teeth or who are looking for better jobs in better areas. If you don't live in Michigan, which is where the speech takes place and where he drew the example from, you have no idea how bad it has gotten around here. There is an all-out war on public safety workers and any public sector worker for that matter.

I don't support either party, because all they do is b***h back and forth about what the other party is or isn't doing, but at least Obama is TRYING to do SOMETHING rather than sitting back and doing NOTHING. Doesn't mean I'll vote for him, doesn't mean I won't; but I haven't heard the Republicans come up with anything better than "Obama's ideas suck."

Just my take on it.
                Originally posted by RSGSRT
                We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
                  I must have watched a different video.

The video on the link didn't say ANYTHING about failing to pass the jobs bill will bring about more rapes and murders. Biden stated that since Flint has laid off half their cops, crime has gone up, and he used the rape and murder rate as an example. Any time you lay off cops and push officers who would investigate violent crimes to the streets or increase response times to calls or increase the work load of the few remaining investigators, the conviction rate will drop, and the criminals will catch on. Add to it the desperation of high unemployment and the hopelessness that goes along with it and you will have more people turning to crime or selling drugs just to feed themselves or provide for their families.
                  That isn't historically accurate. Were things bad during the depression era? With 25% unemployment did the crime rate go through the roof? You're doing the same thing OBiden does, equating crime and social problems on funding. The money would come from the "jobs" bill whether he said the words or not, I didn't listen to it myself, I don't have the stomach for it. It's just another stimulus package (primarily to prop up overspending state governments) with no long term solution and isn't budging the unemployment numbers.
                  Furthermore, I don't see how ANYONE who works in law enforcement can be against the laying off of police officers, firefighters, or EMS workers. If you are, then go turn in your badges and resign and make room for those of us who are holding onto our jobs by the skin of our teeth or who are looking for better jobs in better areas. If you don't live in Michigan, which is where the speech takes place and where he drew the example from, you have no idea how bad it has gotten around here. There is an all-out war on public safety workers and any public sector worker for that matter.
                  OK then, let's hire LEOs until no one will lend us money anymore. Then we can start selling off landmarks and government buildings. Or does private property come first?
                  I don't support either party, because all they do is b***h back and forth about what the other party is or isn't doing, but at least Obama is TRYING to do SOMETHING rather than sitting back and doing NOTHING. Doesn't mean I'll vote for him, doesn't mean I won't; but I haven't heard the Republicans come up with anything better than "Obama's ideas suck."

Just my take on it.
                  You are very tuned out if you think they want the same thing. Nor have you listened to any Republican plan, no one can listen for you. I wish Obama would quit trying what he's doing because it isn't working. The first rule for digging yourself into a hole is to stop digging. It would be comical if the country, stock market and unemployment weren't taking such a beating.

Comment

Originally posted by willbird View Post

For a guy who grew up in an area where the few black people there acted like white people, Flint, MI was a real eye opener. before that I was totally ignorant of how many different ways a house could smell like ****.....greyhound **** was the worst. Another vivid memory is of a basement with a solid FOOT of dirty kids clothes on the floor..they must have just bought new and tossed the old one down there. Or a mattress and box springs on a basement floor, with 24" of partially empty 40oz sitting all around it, not room for another one if you tried. You guys some of you see that every day...but what a culture shock for the uninitiated. The people treated me decent, I was there to perform a service for them...but what a way to liv

Bill
                    Not trying to be nit picky but I wished you would have phrased this better. I think when you say you lived in a place where black people acted like white people and then go on to explain your eye opening experience with how other blacks live, it has a few racial overtones.

Not calling you a racist but that line is a tad bit offensive.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST
                      That isn't historically accurate. Were things bad during the depression era? With 25% unemployment did the crime rate go through the roof? You're doing the same thing OBiden does, equating crime and social problems on funding. The money would come from the "jobs" bill whether he said the words or not, I didn't listen to it myself, I don't have the stomach for it. It's just another stimulus package (primarily to prop up overspending state governments) with no long term solution and isn't budging the unemployment numbers.
                      Then you missed my entire point. The posted video that everyone is all up in arms about is Joe Biden talking about Flint and how crime has increased each year that the Flint Police Department has shrank since 2008. That was the whole video. He didn't say anything about the "Jobs Bill." Didn't mention it once.

OK then, let's hire LEOs until no one will lend us money anymore. Then we can start selling off landmarks and government buildings. Or does private property come first?
                      Obviously, you work in a state where the general public, from the Governor on down, doesn't hate public safety workers and blame them solely for the recession. It must be nice to work in such a state.

You are very tuned out if you think they want the same thing. Nor have you listened to any Republican plan, no one can listen for you. I wish Obama would quit trying what he's doing because it isn't working. The first rule for digging yourself into a hole is to stop digging. It would be comical if the country, stock market and unemployment weren't taking such a beating.
                      I've read about both the Republican's and Democrat's versions of the bills. Seems to me (unless I'm missing something), the most important thing holding the country back is that the Republicans don't want the Democrats taking credit for the revival of the economy, and the Democrats don't want the Republicans taking credit for the revival of the economy. The Republicans don't like the "Jobs Bill" because it's a "Stimulus Package," it taxes the wealthy (their friends), and they want to shoot it down because the Democrats want it passed and they want Obama to fail. The Republicans version taxes the wealthy less (and probably has loopholes in there for their buddies) and has major cuts.

Seems to me, they need to work TOGETHER and get us out of this mess, since they both created it. Until they decide that the COUNTRY is the most important thing, instead of their parties and egos, then the country will stay in the toilet.

At least, that's my layperson's understanding of whats going on.
                      Originally posted by RSGSRT
                      We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                      Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by willbird View Post
                        I worked doing cable TV installs in Flint, MI 2006 to 2006 as best I recall. From that 6 week exposure my take on it was the biggest issue were the number of folks who HAD made $50k a year or more who suddenly lost those jobs.

I'm all for having more cops on the street, but has anybody ever proven that an Officer can prevent a murder ? Maybe by having the manpower to lock up a person who did one murder before he/she does number 2 ?

The parts of Flint that were cesspools would still be cesspools even if you had a human chain of Police Officers running through them.

For a guy who grew up in an area where the few black people there acted like white people, Flint, MI was a real eye opener. before that I was totally ignorant of how many different ways a house could smell like ****.....greyhound **** was the worst. Another vivid memory is of a basement with a solid FOOT of dirty kids clothes on the floor..they must have just bought new and tossed the old one down there. Or a mattress and box springs on a basement floor, with 24" of partially empty 40oz sitting all around it, not room for another one if you tried. You guys some of you see that every day...but what a culture shock for the uninitiated. The people treated me decent, I was there to perform a service for them...but what a way to live.

And contrast that with some of the older folks in the same neighborhood, clean neat houses, cold as an icebox in July :-)...who would ask you if you needed something to stand on to get up into the basement ceiling, my guess was they were retired auto workers for their generation.

Bill
                        Yes, I can say that I have prevented someone being killed/murdered. In fact, there's a couple people still alive if it were not for actions I took. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
                          Then you missed my entire point. The posted video that everyone is all up in arms about is Joe Biden talking about Flint and how crime has increased each year that the Flint Police Department has shrank since 2008. That was the whole video. He didn't say anything about the "Jobs Bill." Didn't mention it once.
                          I've heard about the speech and his tour, you watched a 1 and a half minute video clip. Why do you think he was there?
                          Obviously, you work in a state where the general public, from the Governor on down, doesn't hate public safety workers and blame them solely for the recession. It must be nice to work in such a state.
                          Huh? I didn't understand that but our governoress and legislators are bankrupting us. Love=bankruptcy?
                          I've read about both the Republican's and Democrat's versions of the bills. Seems to me (unless I'm missing something), the most important thing holding the country back is that the Republicans don't want the Democrats taking credit for the revival of the economy, and the Democrats don't want the Republicans taking credit for the revival of the economy. The Republicans don't like the "Jobs Bill" because it's a "Stimulus Package," it taxes the wealthy (their friends), and they want to shoot it down because the Democrats want it passed and they want Obama to fail. The Republicans version taxes the wealthy less (and probably has loopholes in there for their buddies) and has major cuts.

Seems to me, they need to work TOGETHER and get us out of this mess, since they both created it. Until they decide that the COUNTRY is the most important thing, instead of their parties and egos, then the country will stay in the toilet.

At least, that's my layperson's understanding of whats going on.
                          A political party won't save us but they are how laws and bills get implemented. Voices on one side talks about spending us into prosperity, voices on the other say that we must slow it down. Now. I'm not an economist but judging from my own experience, you can't spend more than you make indefinitely. I think Biden is as dishonest as a man can be, the problem isn't spending it's priorities. If LE is the last thing to fund and the first thing to cut then someone has a bass ackwards concept of what government is for.

Comment

"Jobs Bill"

Regardless of the political party of the folks involved, I hope I am not the only one in the peanut gallery with the following question:

Why is it the duty of the federal government to fund police officers in Flint (or any other city), Michigan?

The more I see things like this, the more I am convinced that our days as a (mostly) free nation are mostly behind us. There are just too many dolts among our populace who have been duped into thinking we can just tax (and spend) our way into prosperity. If that approach worked, we would have been living in Utopia decades ago.

It is at the point where we just cannot trust anyone with an "R" or a "D" behind his/her name! They'd rather be able to 'own' the issue than to actualy fix the problem at hand.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Well said, dutch.

The problem is that we elect politicians and not patriots. Whether there is a -D or an -R after their name, they are merely opposite sides of the same coin. Their loyalty lies with their party first, and contributors second. Citizens are just manipulated to keep them in office, so that they may continue fleecing this country to enrich themselves and stay in power.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10069 users online. 412 members and 9657 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X