300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radios

Our city is currently installing a new radio system. We our updating our 25+ yr old 1 channel radios w/ a new 800 mhz digital system. Only took 1 of us nearly getting killed for us to get new radios.

They have decided on Ericsson radios, and I believe the portables are Jaguars? The in car radios are Ericssons also, but I don't know the model.

Anybody have any experience w/ Ericsson radios? Just curious on what we can expect.

In Richardson, we currently utilize the Ericcson EDACS trunking system. FOr a while, we had the old MPA radios and just recently switched to the LPE-200 and our SWAT team is using the Jaguars so that they can use encryption and variousradio attachments. Our cars have radios in them also but I'm not sure what model.

As far as reception, they are fairly reliable in the cars but forget the portables in any place but a wide open space or on a hill. I will admit that there are a few decent portables that will work in most places and that are not covered with the typical EDACS buzz saw sound or static.

One example of the system's quarks was when we were in a town about twenty miles away and saw an accident. We radioed dispatch and told them and the radio worked great. When we got back to the station, in the middle of our city, we couldn't key up!

Oh well.

------------------
    Robert Cross
    [email protected]

Comment

Moving this to Squad room

------------------
      Niteshift-
      Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6138 users online. 337 members and 5801 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X