• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 mile, a box office hit in europe.

-

[ 11-10-2002, 02:42 AM: Message edited by: 10-98 ]

Just reaffirms that they have no taste.

Comment

TCSD beat me to it.........except I planned to say that it proves their taste is no better than ours.

Comment

[ 04-04-2003, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Frank Booth ]

Comment

I do like the song from the movie and I don't like rap as a rule.

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by Frank Booth:
            The name of the street is "8 Mile". I wonder why they converted it to kilometers?

Because the French, who invented the metric system, refuse to use old English measurements, even if it is the title of a movie.

Comment

It sounds like it's a decent movie.
              I am not sure of his ablity to act will I'll see soon enough. I'll let you guys know. [Wink]
              He is not any worse than most entertainers around.

That Guy
              Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by Sig220Man:
                [QBBecause the French, who invented the metric system, refuse to use old English measurements [/QB]

Ok, so they measure the distances they retreat in the metric system...

thats about all the French are good for.

Comment

[ 04-04-2003, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Frank Booth ]

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Booth:

Saying that the French "retreat" probably gives them too much credit...They just kinda roll over and lay there....

Thats the great thing about French surplus arms..they've only been thrown down once and never fired......

Comment

I haven't seen the movie, but I do have a couple of things to say in regards to Eminem.

When I first heard his music and saw him on TV, I thought to myself, "What a rude, angry jerk." Over time, however, I've really listened to the words of his songs and when he came out with "Cleaning Out My Closet" it actually touched me. I've done some reading on Eminem and this man has had a very, very difficult upbringing. I know, I know.....haven't we all, but I have come to see his music now as a cry for help and as showing raw emotion rather that just hate.

Those who had a loving mother can't relate to the intense pain and rejection that a child goes through. It's not something that you "grow out of." When the one who bore you purposely sets out to hurt you and humiliate you, you become very jaded and untrusting and you have the feeling of, "If my own mother didn't want me, why would anyone else?" One thing I will say in his defense is that he's an excellent father to his little girl and seems to really be doing right by her.

No, Eminem isn't politically correct or socially acceptable, but we haven't lived his life. Sometimes we must look beyond the anger and see what lies beneath. He's still a little boy wanting the love and acceptance of his mother.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5720 users online. 351 members and 5369 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X