Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 MSP Charger w/overhead (in the field)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 MSP Charger w/overhead (in the field)

Last month I worked an event in the Houghton Lake area and I saw my 1st 2011 MSP Charger (in person). I really liked it, overhead and all.

This is the first year that we've installed overheads on our Chargers. I have to say that I was a little worried that it might not look too good, due to the scale of the roof to the size of the light.

You see we tested a few Impalas in the field about 8 to 10 years ago and our overhead looked like a top hat on the Impala because the car was too small for it. I can see with the Charger I had no need to worry after all.

"The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life." - Teddy Roosevelt

Disclaimer: The opinions I express here are mine and mine alone. They are not intended to reflect the positions/opinions of any other known person(s) or organization(s).

Then last week I stopped into the Cadillac Post and saw my 2nd 2011 MSP Charger. I had to snap a few photos to share.

"The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life." - Teddy Roosevelt

Disclaimer: The opinions I express here are mine and mine alone. They are not intended to reflect the positions/opinions of any other known person(s) or organization(s).

Comment

Tradition...

I'll stick with my Whelen Liberty.
      All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

That bubble light ruins the look/profile of any car that was ever made. Just my opinion.

Comment

It looks like it; however I can't tell, has that gumball on top gone to an LED internal light source? Just curious.

Comment

Do ya'll supplement the car with additional interior lights to make up for the gumball for being so small?

I dont get it... other than tradition.

Comment

THAT, is a stupid tradition. IMO
              "Land of the free, Because of the Brave"

Comment

Originally posted by Tackleberry View Post
                It looks like it; however I can't tell, has that gumball on top gone to an LED internal light source? Just curious.
                Yeah the gumball has led's in it now.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
                (")_(")
                Copy and paste Bunny into your
                signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

Worst looking police car ever. If they got rid of the gumball machine and the weird stop-sign on the hood than it might actually look decent.

Comment

I like the stop sign.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
                    (")_(")
                    Copy and paste Bunny into your
                    signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

No way. That's Michigan. Keep the bubble. Plus, the stop sign looks good when it is lit up.

Comment

Remove the bubble, keep the stop light.

BTW 7th district, for MSP, are you on your own (maybe not financially) in outfitting your car with lights? I was on the road the other day and saw an MSP Trooper making a stop. He had the bubble top and two LED's facing the rear, but a whole jumble of lights facing front. Seemed a bit backwards IMO.
                        This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

Originally posted by -Erik- View Post
                          Remove the bubble, keep the stop light.

BTW 7th district, for MSP, are you on your own (maybe not financially) in outfitting your car with lights? I was on the road the other day and saw an MSP Trooper making a stop. He had the bubble top and two LED's facing the rear, but a whole jumble of lights facing front. Seemed a bit backwards IMO.
                          Dude. Several months back 7th posted pics of civilian Chargers heading up I-75. Now all of the sudden they are part of the fleet. You see what's going on here, right?

I think those front lights are in the Crown Vics, too.

Comment

I have relatives in Michigan (not far from Saginaw) and go out there every summer. Those "gumball" lights do look sort of odd, but I remember that the Virginia State Police had them (blue, of course) up through the mid-1990s.

Does the Michigan "STOP" sign on the hood light up at all? That would look cool at night!

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Originally posted by VA Dutch View Post

I have relatives in Michigan (not far from Saginaw) and go out there every summer. Those "gumball" lights do look sort of odd, but I remember that the Virginia State Police had them (blue, of course) up through the mid-1990s.

Does the Michigan "STOP" sign on the hood light up at all? That would look cool at night!
                              Pretty sure it still does, but not positive. It's a good look.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7822 users online. 396 members and 7426 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X