Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you ever worry about what you post?

I see some of the questions posted, then the answers, and I have to scratch my head. At times I feel like the poster(s) are putting out "Bait" questions. Looking back to the OJ trial, I can't help but wonder if some of the answers could come back to bite us in the A55. I am not sure how the defense would be able to get our information for the accounts we hold, ie Facebook, My Space, Officer.com. etc but, a good lawyer would certianly try. Anyone had any experience about this? I guess that it is just my suspicious nature when someone asks a question about sentences for criminals or why we do what we do.
    My soul has been removed to make room for all this sarcasm

My suggestion would be not to post anything anywhere if you are worried about it.

What you post can be traced to you............................yes the investigators that do it for a living are that good. (both public secotr and private sector)

Me, I don't really care because I am retired..............................but even so, I post my own PERSONAL posts and state them as such or I post what I have experienced in the past and normally note it as such.

Back to the question at hand........................if it worries you , don't post.

In another forum that I am a member of --------------------a PROSECUTOR obtained subscription information about at member AND prosecuted the member for postings he made on the forum (it was a Corrections forum)
    Last edited by Iowa #1603; 09-13-2011, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Many times I have wanted to post but don't for that very reason. Kind of a shame. I would never post something that would be disparaging or use the “N” word like Furman but, I would still like to toss in my 2 cents and feel like somewhere down the line it could/would come back to haunt me.

Comment

If I'm afraid to say it in person, I don't type it on here....and I definitely don't post anything that could get me in trouble, work or otherwise....no such thing as freedom of speech anymore....
        "We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles." -- RSGSRT

Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

I'm afraid to answer this.......
          sigpic
          Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
          And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post
            Many times I have wanted to post but don't for that very reason. Kind of a shame. I would never post something that would be disparaging or use the “N” word like Furman but, I would still like to toss in my 2 cents and feel like somewhere down the line it could/would come back to haunt me.
            If you are unwilling to state your honest opinions in public for fear that somewhere down the line those same opinions could be used against you, either you have faulty opinions and are unwilling to admit that you may have been wrong when you originally expressed yourself, or you do not have your own opinions and prefer to allow the herd to do your thinking for you.

If there is another option I would love to hear it.

Comment

There are definitely things that are said on here that would get them in trouble at work. Someone could very easily spin the point of view.. cut and paste certain answers.. use answers for a certain question and apply them to another situation.

There are some people on here who guard their privacy and some don't care.. it's their choice and there's nothing wrong with it. I don't care if someone found out who I was.

It wouldn't be that easy for someone to track you down. It would be easier if poster "abc" made certain comments and claimed a certain agency.. they could back trace him from this account.

If you want to remain anonymous don't use the same username for other sites (or email) that would give a hint to your location.

Comment

If i was that scaed of posting on a forum, then i might as well move to Iran or North Korea and Embrace communism to the fullest. You are not supposed to be scared of voicing your opinion on a forum. The worst that can happen is you get kicked off the forum itself, unless youre talking about murdering people than yea that would catch someones attention.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Eagles View Post
                  If i was that scaed of posting on a forum, then i might as well move to Iran or North Korea and Embrace communism to the fullest. You are not supposed to be scared of voicing your opinion on a forum. The worst that can happen is you get kicked off the forum itself, unless youre talking about murdering people than yea that would catch someones attention.
                  Did you even READ the OP?!?!
                  "We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles." -- RSGSRT

Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

I have no issue with what I say. My issue is what if I say hang all sex offender by their short hairs. I turn around and invesitgate a sex offender for a new crime. The defense could come back and say that I only targeted their client because he was a sex offender and I had a predesposed hatered for sex offenders based on my post. That may be a simplestic example but, that is the line of what I am talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
                      Did you even READ the OP?!?!
                      I sure did, what is it that you think is inappropriate for this thread from my response?

Comment

I worry about it every single day. Sometimes I cry too. : (
                        I see dumb people in the mirror.

Comment

Due to last year's loss of day job, I had some concerns an employer would web search my name which I always use my name and post in firearms related areas. A lot would come up. But the new company did not check or did not care and all is right with the world.

After 27yrs with the same company, I got picked up again in 4 months by another company. Went from working on equipment from Netherlands to equipment from Japan. All still high tech imaging and all still good.

I find it quite odd how most people need to hide behing a CB handle or the Internet equal silly name rather than just using their own.
                          Last edited by David Hineline; 09-13-2011, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Can i investigate your whereabouts obtain your address and send you some lotion puffs plus???

Comment

Originally posted by David Hineline View Post
                              Due to last year's loss of day job, I had some concerns an employer would web search my name which I always use my name and post in firearms related areas. A lot would come up. But the new company did not check or did not care and all is right with the world.

After 27yrs with the same company, I got picked up again in 4 months by another company. Went from working on equipment from Netherlands to equipment from Japan. All still high tech imaging and all still good.
                              HA!! You're busted. I'm your boss. And.... you're fired. It took us 27 years but we got you, we finally got you.
                              I see dumb people in the mirror.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3907 users online. 193 members and 3714 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X