300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Women of X County

Just wondering what your thoughts are on shows like Police Women of Broward County, or any of those other shows out there.

They are kind of entertaining...but to me seems like some of the female officers hate men. Especially the big haired blonde one on Broward. Just my only observation.

If shows or the internet did not have choreographed drama and conflict, no one would watch them.

Comment

Its total BS. A lot of the arrests are staged. The other officers will have already handled the situation and when the film crew with the female officer arrives they have to pull the suspect back out and let her fight him and arrest him. They make the rest of the police force look like idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by 96GCTS View Post
        Its total BS. A lot of the arrests are staged. The other officers will have already handled the situation and when the film crew with the female officer arrives they have to pull the suspect back out and let her fight him and arrest him. They make the rest of the police force look like idiots.
        That's pretty much the same impression I had. And when the 'star' actually does happen across something worth while, they freakout and get out of breath just sizing up the scene (based on a clip from Dallas).
        Originally posted by Ceridwen
        Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

Wait a minute. bad guy is fighting officer Darryl Jones, Bob Smith and Chuck Norris ( no jokes please I'm trying to get a point across). Suspect is in cuffs. Officer Susie Q shows up . Do you mean to tell me that they take the cuffs off and have the bad guy fight Susie Q just for ratings?
          Once you are in custody you are done done. I'm not taking the cuffs off especially after a wrestling match, just so tv can be entertained. I have no problem if Susie Q wants to ask my prisoner a few questions for the camera but that's it.

Comment

I really don't like those shows. They look kinda stupid and the "officer stars" make so many officer safety mistakes.
            Semper Paratus/Always Ready
            Originally posted by jakflak
            The bottom line: always be nice to the magic voice. All hail the magic voice!!
            Originally posted by Michigan
            I have a 1 year old daughter and at this rate I'm almost certain I'm going to end up in prison by the time she's 15 years old. I swear, the first guy that that comes knocking on my door holding onto a naked photo of my daughter.....

Don't bother telling me, "oh it's her fault too".... I know, I have double standards. Deal with it.

: )

Comment

taylor..any input? lol
              dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

Originally posted by btfp View Post
                Wait a minute. bad guy is fighting officer Darryl Jones, Bob Smith and Chuck Norris ( no jokes please I'm trying to get a point across). Suspect is in cuffs. Officer Susie Q shows up . Do you mean to tell me that they take the cuffs off and have the bad guy fight Susie Q just for ratings?
                Once you are in custody you are done done. I'm not taking the cuffs off especially after a wrestling match, just so tv can be entertained. I have no problem if Susie Q wants to ask my prisoner a few questions for the camera but that's it.
                HAte to say it but, yes thats exactly what happens. You can see it in one episode, wont say which season because it involves my dept, but the female officer is responding to officers fighting a suspect. As they pull up you plainly see the officers already have the suspect in the back seat, all they have to do is close the door and fights over. But suddenly as the femal officer gets out of her car the suspect is back on the ground so that she can fight him. Several times officers would search a suspect and find something then be told to leave it and wait for the show to arrive so the female officer could do the search and find it.

My fiancee was told to audition for the show when it came to our dept and shes so glad that she didnt get it.

Comment

HAte to say it but, yes thats exactly what happens. You can see it in one episode, wont say which season because it involves my dept, but the female officer is responding to officers fighting a suspect. As they pull up you plainly see the officers already have the suspect in the back seat, all they have to do is close the door and fights over. But suddenly as the femal officer gets out of her car the suspect is back on the ground so that she can fight him. Several times officers would search a suspect and find something then be told to leave it and wait for the show to arrive so the female officer could do the search and find it.

My fiancee was told to audition for the show when it came to our dept and shes so glad that she didnt get it.
                  That is disgusting, and any brass that allow that should be fired. Film what actually happens if you get there in time. If you don't, or the "star" isn't involved, too bad!

You never put any officers at risk by taking the cuffs off an uncooperative suspect, just for TV.
                  “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

I don't appreciate the depiction of female LEOs, personally. I think those women are damn fools for allowing their children to be shown on television.
                    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Is she hot?
                      For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

Originally posted by jeffIL View Post
                        Is she hot?
                        My fiancee, of course. she didnt get it because there was no catch. She wasnt a single mom, or married. Now if wed been together then, shed probably have gotten it because of the cop in a relationship with anouther cop angle. But like I said, she didnt want it and is glad she didnt get picked, and I would have never signed a release to be shown.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
                          I think those women are damn fools for allowing their children to be shown on television.
                          Yup!!!
                          Originally posted by Ceridwen
                          Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCDep View Post
                            That is disgusting, and any brass that allow that should be fired. Film what actually happens if you get there in time. If you don't, or the "star" isn't involved, too bad!

You never put any officers at risk by taking the cuffs off an uncooperative suspect, just for TV.
                            Well said.
                            Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

I basically dislike all "reality television" but I do like to see hot babes kicking someone's @$$, so I'm pretty much torn about these. I've watched 2 episodes.
                              "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
                              But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
                              "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
                              We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11487 users online. 484 members and 11003 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X