X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D.C. police officer shouted 'I'm gonna kill you,' shot into car

Good grief!

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=109&sid=2514785
    WASHINGTON - An off-duty D.C. police officer who is in jail for shooting at members of the transgender community stood on the hood of the car while firing his Glock 9, according to court records.

Court papers say Officer Kenneth Furr fired multiple shots into the car with five people inside. One victim was hit multiple times.

Furr is in D.C. jail but segregated from the general population for his safety since he is a police officer.

As he was standing on the hood of the car, court records say Furr shouted "I'm gonna kill you."

Furr blew a .15 breath test, according to court records.

Police recovered five shells from the scene

Police say a confrontation occurred between Furr and five other people at a CVS on First Street in Northeast about 90 minutes before the shooting took place at First and Pierce streets in Northwest.

Police say Furr fired a handgun at about 5:25 a.m. and shot one person. Two others were hurt in the incident, although police could not confirm how they were injured.

None of the injuries were life-threatening, and advocates for the GLBT community have said two of the victims are transgender women.

Police earlier this month said they were concerned about a potential emerging pattern after two transgender people were attacked - one killed - on Dix Street in Northeast. Police have described the suspects in those incidents as being in their late teens to early 20s.

Furr -- a 20-year-veteran of the Metropolitan Police Department -- has been charged with driving while intoxicated and assault with a dangerous weapon. Police say he was on restricted duty due to a medical condition at the time of the shooting. His service weapon had been turned in to the department, and police say he was not authorized to carry a firearm.

Furr also previously had been fired but was later reinstated by MPD.

The police department's Force Investigation Team and Internal Affairs Division are investigating the incident. Furr is the 23rd MPD officer charged with a crime this year.
    sigpic
    Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
    And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Furr -- a 20-year-veteran of the Metropolitan Police Department
    Oh, now I know he's innocent - no way an old guy that like climbed onto the hood of a car AND fired 5 rounds into a car with 5 people inside and only hit his intended target. This has gotta be a fake story. Old people can't do that kind of stuff.
    Originally posted by RSGSRT
    We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
    Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Perhaps Gov Christie should revolk firearms permits.

Comment

drunk with gun = bad things

Is a "transgendered woman" a woman who is now a "man" or vice versa??

Also, funny how the earlier incident happened on "Dix street"
        "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
        The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
        sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
        Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Originally posted by crass cop View Post

Chicks with d***s on Dix?
          Originally posted by RSGSRT
          We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
          Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by crass cop View Post

Would you put the person as an "it" on the report? I wouldn't even know what to put, I'm assuming you go with the original gender?
            "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
            I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

Furr also previously had been fired but was later reinstated by MPD.
              I am willing to bet he doesn't get his job back again! Based on the story, and, although it sounds too outrageous to be true, I am willing to bet he did what he did; but, I'll be darned if I know why. Sorry folks, this one doesn't sit well with me.
              Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Originally posted by USMARINE View Post
                Would you put the person as an "it" on the report? I wouldn't even know what to put, I'm assuming you go with the original gender?
                "Individual", "victim", "complainant", “by name”, etc…..

As a Californian I am proud to say these ideas just come naturally.

Now, as per the form which box to check, well, you have me there. Go with what is disclosed on the government issued ID card.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
                - Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

Originally posted by SCV-Sop View Post
                  "Individual", "victim", "complainant", “by name”, etc…..

As a Californian I am proud to say these ideas just come naturally.

Now, as per the form which box to check, well, you have me there. Go with what is disclosed on the government issued ID card.
                  Sounds like a plan, I have yet to deal with one of these individuals.
                  "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
                  I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

"Furr is the 23rd MPD officer charged with a crime this year"

There was a time, a couple years ago, when I considered leaving my agency, to lateral over to MPDC. I no longer have that desire. Unfortunately, a few bad apples really spoil the rest.
                    Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

Comment

I'm not going to judge this officer until the investigation is complete and the findings come out.

Comment

Originally posted by USMARINE View Post
                        We have 3 blocks ....Male.....Female......unknown................I always wondered what the "unknown" was for, guess I now know.
                        It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

What?????????!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
                            Chicks with d***s on Dix?
                            You know that there is a real strip club in Metro Detroit called Chicks on Dix, right? Yes it's on Dix St.
                            There are basically two kinds of people in this world. Those that believe in the moon landing and those that don't.
                            http://unistat76.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Street_Cop50 View Post
                              "Furr is the 23rd MPD officer charged with a crime this year"

There was a time, a couple years ago, when I considered leaving my agency, to lateral over to MPDC. I no longer have that desire. Unfortunately, a few bad apples really spoil the rest.
                              I've thought the same and came to the same conclusion.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2164 users online. 161 members and 2003 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X