300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now thats its over...............

Anyone have any thoughts on the execution of Timothy Mcveigh?

------------------
    [email protected]

I suddenly came awake this morning at about 2 am. That in itself is not strange as I do that all the time. And as usual after a Sunday food and beer fest, I could not get back to sleep.

This time I suddenly came very alert with an odd feeling. I was wondering what McVeigh must be feeling at that same moment I lay in my bed. Was he asleep? I doubt it. I don't don't think I would sleep knowing my demise lay only 5 hours away. I couldn't help wondering what was running through his head. Was he sorry? Was he terrified? Was he angry? Or was he happy that his 'plan' had worked out as planned? Was he taking secrets to the grave concerning others who had helped him, or did he truly act alone? I wonder if we have heard the last of him? I think not. I hope we have. I wonder just how long the media will feed on this?

Just some thoughts...

Comment

The media will feed on this as long as people listen. That's the beauty of it all... We complain about the media giving the McVeigh case so much attention, but we don't stop watching.

Comment

I don't complain about the attention, I just don't like making him sound noble (he was cooperative.....so f-ing what).

------------------
        Niteshift-
        Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Yeah, that's funny about the media. Reporting he was cooperative. It's not like he had a choice not to be executed at that point. Of course he did have one in 95.

Comment

I was surpised that most the Anti death penalty people stayed away. The news media even reported that few showed up. Does this is some way indicate their tacit approval to putting this murderous bastard to sleep?

My fear is that people have grown too lax with regard to major safety issues. People complain when they can't walk to the airport concourse and fly away without going through security. They bitch if they have to walk through metal detectors at courts and government buildings. You know,,,,these terrorist actions only happen overseas....

Wake up America....it's here and it's gonna get worse. Our borders are like a sieve. Our threat isn't from missles, it from within and the terrorist countries that can hit us just as easy as McVeigh.

------------------
            "We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way." General George S. Patton

[This message has been edited by Guard Dog (edited 06-11-2001).]
            "The view only changes for the lead dog." ~ Sergeant Preston of The Yukon ~

Comment

There were some protestors, both in Indiana and OKC..........I just think there aren't as many because most people realize that simple bastard didn't deserve to take another breath. The only injustice in his sentence was that is took this long for him to assume room temperature.

------------------
              Niteshift-
              Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

I dont really feel a sense of hatred for McVeigh like I once did, dont get me wrong I feel deeply in my heart that he deserved to die for the crime he committed.

I just have a feeling of sympathy for him, not because he was executed, but because of the way he went out. He attached himself to William Ernest Henley's Invictus, he couldnt even give his own final words, he had to use the work of someone else to express the final thoughts of his life.

To me that is sad, and somewhat rewarding at the same time. This man attempted to make himself a martyr, defiant to the end, but in truth he was nothing but a scared child, unable to even say goodbye.

To me he proved what kind of coward he truly was, I knew he was a coward because of the crime he committed, but this just erased any doubts I might have had. I'm sure he had a nice speech planned, something that would express his lack of remorse, and his hatred for a government that was executing him. In the end he couldnt even deliver his final piece of hatred. When the warden of the prison read Invictus on national T.V. this morning I knew McVeigh had been broken, and heres why. Invictus in Latin means Unconquered, when he didnt read it himself, I knew he had been truly conquered. He lived as a coward and died as a coward.

Credit for my knowledge of Invictus goes to my 10th grade english teacher who made me read and report on the poem. Thank you Ms. Robbins, your work payed off.

------------------
                [email protected]

Comment

I wonder where Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton were? Usually they like to protest the DP and get some free publicity.

Retired
                  Retired

Comment

Originally posted by retired:
                    I wonder where Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton were?
                    Well, Brother Al was in jail himself, in NYC.

Comment

Al was not only in jail, but on a "hunger strike".

We can only guess where the prolific Rev. Jackson was.

------------------
                      Niteshift-
                      Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Thank God, McVeigh has paid the final price for what he has done. The only thing I dont agree with is the fact that he died so peacefully. Should have strapped him to a chair in a building and BLEW IT UP!!! And after the excution, his attorney making him sound like such a good guy, being a dedicated and decorated war vetran that served his country? Come on now Look at what he did to the citizens and children to this great country when he blew up 168 of them!! Served his country my ***.
                        Ptlm. Bryan C. King

Comment

Jackson and sharton only protest the deaths of black murderers. They don't concern with the rest of the murderers.

Comment

Originally posted by Niteshift:
                            Al was not only in jail, but on a "hunger strike".
                            Al has the gerth to strike for quite sometime

------------------
                            [email protected]

Comment

It has been reported that if Al continues with his hungar strike, he'll be near death in about 40 years!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6749 users online. 349 members and 6400 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X