X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LaPlaca
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyber_Saint View Post
    Yeah, I read that his wife is a US citizen, but that he is actually here illegally. If there was ever an instance where someone deserves a break and should be put on a path to citizenship this is it.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• LaPlaca
    replied
    Originally posted by willbird View Post
    I just wonder how many other kids this guy has done God knows what to.

good point. this doesnt seem like his first time out. it seems this time he got a little greedy and got caught.

Leave a comment:

• Cyber_Saint
    replied
    Yeah, I read that his wife is a US citizen, but that he is actually here illegally. If there was ever an instance where someone deserves a break and should be put on a path to citizenship this is it.

Leave a comment:

• willbird
    replied
    Now it turns out this guy is an illegal

Leave a comment:

• willbird
    replied
    Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
    Sadly, I remember a day when almost any neighbor would have done the same thing. Today, they all just look away and ignore such things, pretending they didn't see anything.

Hopefully, incidents like this remind folks that doing the right thing isn't always easy - but you just do it anyway.

God bless this man. God loves a hero.
    Well the thing is, others may have seen what happened, and not understood it as he did ?

Leave a comment:

• Ignite
    replied
    Awesome, love it.

Leave a comment:

• mvill203
    replied
    Originally posted by ComicGuy View Post
    He's going to be someone's little girlfriend when he gets to prison.
    I would let the state take a little extra out of my paycheck just to ensure this.

Leave a comment:

• Raiden
    replied
    Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
    Sadly, I remember a day when almost any neighbor would have done the same thing. Today, they all just look away and ignore such things, pretending they didn't see anything.

Hopefully, incidents like this remind folks that doing the right thing isn't always easy - but you just do it anyway.

This is so true. It is scary to believe that this is what our society has turned into. We'd rather look the other way than get involved unless it involves our loved ones or those we care about.

As some have posted, it scares me even more what would have happened if Chacon didn't do anything at all. Who ever it is, God, the neighbors, who ever, they were looking out for that little girl, at the right place and at the right time.
    Last edited by Raiden; 08-18-2011, 01:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• crass cop
    replied
    Originally posted by 1042 trooper View Post
    sadly, i remember a day when almost any neighbor would have done the same thing. Today, they all just look away and ignore such things, pretending they didn't see anything.

this^^^^^^^^^^

Leave a comment:

• ComicGuy
    replied
    I'm thinking that kidnapping children would give one a healthy dose of bad, bad Karma. He's going to be someone's little girlfriend when he gets to prison.

Leave a comment:

• 1042 Trooper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• willbird
    replied
    Originally posted by codemanski View Post
    Angels come in all shapes and sizes! Mr. Diaz Chacon was where he was meant to be and did what he had to do when all this happend...there are no coincidences!
    I have never been "that guy" that way to that extent. But I call the feeling I am sure he got before he acted a "God smack".

Bill

Leave a comment:

• bsd13
    replied
    Good to hear things like this especially in today's world where so many people can't be bothered to do anything.

Though I have to wonder how much differently would the reaction (here and elsewhere) be if the little girl had been killed as a result of the crash. Would the hero be a hero or would people want his head for chasing the guy?

Leave a comment:

• codemanski
    replied
    Angels come in all shapes and sizes! Mr. Diaz Chacon was where he was meant to be and did what he had to do when all this happend...there are no coincidences!

Leave a comment:

• just joe
    replied
    Yep. The guy needs the key to the city. I don't even want to imagine what he prevented.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4190 users online. 252 members and 3938 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X