• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    JJHunsacker
    Forum Member

• JJHunsacker
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyber_Saint View Post
    My god. Someone has accused the Border Patrol and ICE of racial profiling! We're surely in uncharted territory on this one.
    The irony is, Hispanics are technically caucasion.

Leave a comment:

• Indy
    replied
    Originally posted by yellowreef View Post
    I remember a vehicle stop one dark night where we were accused of being racist "white boys" and only messing with hispanics. Dude was pretty embarrased when we got him out of the car and he realized all 3 or 4 of us were hispanic. Priceless.
    I bet he was silent after that.

Leave a comment:

• BTR1701
    Forum Member

• BTR1701
    replied
    Latinos accuse Border Patrol and ICE agents of racial profiling

And in other news, water has been found to be wet.

Leave a comment:

• codemanski
    Forum Member

• codemanski
    replied
    Originally posted by jqc View Post
    seriously??? Get a friggin passport card. Stick that in your wallet and you're done.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...crime_rat.html

as someone who immigrated here 100% legally, i have no problems with bp doing their jobs and going after people who skirted the process that my family worked hard to comply with.
    exactly!

Leave a comment:

• JQC
    Forum Member

• JQC
    replied
    Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
    Reyes said that because of the incidents, "I carry my passport with me every day."
    Seriously??? Get a friggin Passport Card. Stick that in your wallet and you're done.

During the hearing, Clarke stressed a point that advocates for immigrants often make: Michigan needs immigrants.

"You're the reason why we have vibrant neighborhoods in Detroit," Clarke, the son of an immigrant, told the cheering crowd.
    A growing community
    http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...crime_rat.html

As someone who immigrated here 100% legally, I have no problems with BP doing their jobs and going after people who skirted the process that my family worked hard to comply with.

Leave a comment:

• 99 Fenix
    bird of prey

• 99 Fenix
    replied
    Originally posted by gopherpuckfan View Post
    Hey, you can't speak ill about a place you've never visited. That's what people do in Russia.
    twas an austin powers joke...

oh wait LOL

Leave a comment:

• Aerohead
    replied
    Originally posted by gopherpuckfan View Post
    Hey, you can't speak ill about a place you've never visited. That's what people do in Russia.
    LoL

Leave a comment:

• codemanski
    Forum Member

• codemanski
    replied
    Originally posted by 913 View Post
    If I was questioned about my being legally in the US, I would be happy to answer questions no matter what my ethnicity was. I don't see a problem.
    +1 on that 913. What's the issue...either you are here legally or illegally. I would think those of us who are here legally would WANT those here illegally found out and deported...I just don't get it!

Leave a comment:

• gopherpuckfan
    Rah Rah Rah for Ski U Mah

• gopherpuckfan
    replied
    Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
    There are only two things I hate in this world; People who are intolerant of other people's way of life, and the Dutch.

Leave a comment:

Forum Member

replied
    If I was questioned about my being legally in the US, I would be happy to answer questions no matter what my ethnicity was. I don't see a problem.

Leave a comment:

• Cyber_Saint
    Forum Member

• Cyber_Saint
    replied
    Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
    I wonder if the complainers have ever taken the time to measure the ethnic makeup of the Customs and Border Patrol Agency working the border?
    Don't take this as gospel but I remember seeing somewhere the the Border Patrol is over 50% Hispanic. Not by alot, but still over 50%. I'll see if I can't find that info.

Leave a comment:

• yellowreef
    Not so Special Agent...

• yellowreef
    replied
    Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
    I wonder if the complainers have ever taken the time to measure the ethnic makeup of the Customs and Border Patrol Agency working the border?
    I remember a vehicle stop one dark night where we were accused of being racist "white boys" and only messing with hispanics. Dude was pretty embarrased when we got him out of the car and he realized all 3 or 4 of us were hispanic. Priceless.

Leave a comment:

• Firebug
    Forum Member

• Firebug
    replied
    Originally posted by OneAdam12 View Post
    Ok, answer this. If I am immigration and I don't look for Latino's to stop and ask questions to see if they are illegal am I doing my job?

Why were Hispanics singled out?
    DUH!

Who is crossing the border illegaly?

White
    Black
    Hispanic
    Asian

Your answer here. _____________
    The answer is all of the above.

FB

Leave a comment:

• reils49
    Forum Member

• reils49
    replied
    Originally posted by District B 13 View Post
    And the problem is????
    There isn't one. The left just wants you to think there is.

Leave a comment:

• Unistat
    Forum Member

• Unistat
    replied
    Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
    Ehh, Detroit just isn't used to having a large hispanic population, yet.
    Well, not like the southwest, of course, but Detroit has had a large hispanic population for a couple of decades now. There is, in fact, a section of the city called Mexican Town. It's posted that way on the highway signs and everything.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5338 users online. 297 members and 5041 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X