Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masters Thesis dealing with Terrorism and/or LE any suggestions?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masters Thesis dealing with Terrorism and/or LE any suggestions?

Ok so today I just got notice that my first masters thesis topic dealing with terrorism and intelligence was denied. So I turn to anyone on this forum for any suggestions on other potential thesis topics that are relatively specific especially to the law enforcement/ counter terror field. Personally I am trying to go federal LEO but am also an applicant to the PA State Police. I would like my thesis to be something revolving around the work that I would do in either job.

Personally I was thinking something like counter terror policies in Pittsburgh based on their crisis management strategy. However, if anyone else has any suggestions for something that they would think is a good topic I would greatly appreciate it.

Use the search function, we won't help you wright your paper here.
    Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

Oh I am not expecting help on the paper just some ideas for a good topic that LEO's feel would be something worth looking into. I would much rather do the extensive research of a thesis on something that maybe useful later in my career.
      Last edited by duqjeep2010; 06-30-2011, 09:08 PM.

Comment

How about the distorted view the public see's of LEO's in the multiple roles and fields LEO's work in?
        Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

Originally posted by Buffaloboy View Post
          How about the distorted view the public see's of LEO's in the multiple roles and fields LEO's work in?
          Actually that's brilliant. I was just discussing with a professor the other day about how shows like CSI, NCIS, Etc have popularized becoming a LEO and made it seem like a glamorous career and there are now people wishing to be LEO's because its "cool" not because they want to serve.

Comment

Oh no, not again...

-V

Comment

Originally posted by vincelli View Post
              Oh no, not again...

-V
              I have an odd feeling that I just opened a very bad can of worms....

Comment

Originally posted by duqjeep2010 View Post
                I have an odd feeling that I just opened a very bad can of worms....
                You did. Please allow me to give you the following advice as respectfully and pleasently as I can. As a matter of admitedly informal forum policy, we do NOT do or assist in doing homework assignments, term papers, class projects,or the preparation of defense of thesis'. The fact that you are an applicant for a LE agency does NOT change or modify that policy. We have a similar policy with respect to aspriring authors. As a student you should be aware of all the proper channels for research. Research essentially meaning that you get out from behind the keyboard, and go out and beat the bushes. That probably means one or more in person visits to your local LE agency, as well as doing some ride alongs (if possible) with that agency. That would qualify as "research" within the true meaning and definition of the term. It's also possible that you could actually enjoy doing your research in that manner.

Comment

Then I apologize. Like I said I was hoping for some insight into a world that I am working to be a part of but am not yet. I guess I was hoping to hit the large audience of the forum in hopes of hearing of some issue that had little research done on it yet. Perhaps I will just work on policing for major public events (football games, concerts ect.) There has been a major buzz around Pittsburgh recently after that Pirates YouTube video.

Comment

How about addressing something like this?

"Our nation's prisons: How much affect does recitivism come into play on overpopulation?"
                    Last edited by SgtCHP; 07-01-2011, 08:05 AM.
                    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

How about 'moron internet trolls who parade around airports making video tapes and posting them on the internet in the name of constitutional rights and their effect on airport security'?
                      Originally posted by RSGSRT
                      We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                      Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
                        How about addressing something like this?

"Our nation's prisons: How much affect does recitivism come into play on overpopulation?"
                        I would except I would get reamed out on my defense. One of our professors does nearly all his work on recitivism rates and how to reduce prison overpopulation.

Comment

I would suggest you write a paper on the sham that is known as global warming.
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by Smurfette
                          Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                          Originally posted by DAL
                          You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by FJDave View Post
                            I would suggest you write a paper on the sham that is known as global warming.
                            Yeah, I'll second that one. I'd also devote an entire page at least, to exposing what a total fraud Al Gore is.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                              Yeah, I'll second that one. I'd also devote an entire page at least, to exposing what a total fraud Al Gore is.
                              That could be an entire paper in and of itself. Gore is the biggest fraud walking the planet today.
                              Originally posted by kontemplerande
                              Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4980 users online. 256 members and 4724 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X