Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rant!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rant!

    This weekend I put in a shift at the department I work part time for. I get in the car and it was a complete mess. The seat looks like an alligator took a great big bite out of it. The bottom of the steering wheel has a big chunk missing. The plastic floor is ripped out and insulation and wires are exposed. The radio tree has food, drink and crumbs stuck all over it.

    This squad is a Dodge Charger with the hemi engine. It used to be a really nice ride. It is outfitted rather nicely but man have some of the guys trashed it. It doesn't even have that many miles. My buddy used to be the chief for the department. He was forever cleaning the car but it is all in vain. He couldn't keep up with the guys who trashed it.

    There are a couple guys on the department who are Vikings. I told my friend he needs to assign certain squads to certain officers. There is no way the forces will be, will allow the full time guys on the department to have take home squads but at least let the guys have assigned cars.

    Not really a rant I guess. Just a pet peeve. On my full time job I have a take home squad. I love it. It is set up to my liking and I am crazy about keeping it clean. I hate a dirty office.
    Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

  • #2
    Ugh, don't even get me started on this one

    A long time ago, I worked in house security for a large corporation. We were well trained, compensated, and actually had quite a bit of activity due to the neighborhood we were in. Anyway, they bought us a couple brand new squads to replace our 15 year old Ford Aerostars. Well, the 2nd day we had one, some dumbass female officer decides to make a pizza run, and somehow manages to drop one of them out of the box and gets grease and toppings all over the passenger seat. She then apparently didn't want to clean it up, so she parked it at the back of the line of squads and it sat that way for a day or two until someone else used the car and found it

    I always drove the same squad and shared it with only a couple others, so I didn't usually have a major problem with it being dirty. But, on occasion, some other savage would take it and it would be absolutely disgusting.

    At the PD, it was actually never a huge issue. The patrol guys were mostly pretty good about cleaning their garbage out at the end of the shift, and almost nobody used clipboards anymore so the steering wheels weren't all torn up. The biggest complaint was mostly just dust and dirt, because nobody ever really wiped down the dashboard/floors/door panels/etc.
    -Andy

    Live Free or Die

    Comment


    • #3
      I've noticed that Dodge Chargers don't hold up as well to daily wear and tear compared to the Crown Vic. Way too much molded plastic and cheap upholstery/carpet

      While taking care of a car and cleaning it can go a long way, the crown vic interior just holds up better.

      Comment


      • #4

        Ah, the "pool car" issues that we all love to rant on. LOL! You are not alone in your frustrations.

        When I was a d/s, we were assigned our own cars - which was NICE; especially when you compared them to vehicles used by 'city' departments. Most of their cars resembled taxicabs and were driven by different people all around the clock. Yuck!

        It isn't any different in the private sector, though, as I often have to fight that battle at work. The worst mess I ever found was about two years ago. I had to use a company vehicle for three days at a time -- and it was disgusting! I found chicken bones in the ash tray, cigarette butts all over the floor, rib sauce on the steering wheel and mayonnaise (at least I hope that is what it was) in various places on the interior of the windshield.

        I stopped and bought Windex, paper towels, air freshener and Armor-All out of my own pocket; just because I could not stand it for more than an hour before I wanted to puke.


        Some people are just gross.....and it makes you wonder what their house must be like. Wear a HAZMAT suit when you go over for dinner. Oy vey!!

        The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

        The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

        ------------------------------------------------

        "Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 10-94/10-96 View Post
          The biggest complaint was mostly just dust and dirt, because nobody ever really wiped down the dashboard/floors/door panels/etc.
          If you wanna be really lazy about cleaning it up, just pay 10 bucks and run it through the carwash and have them clean it out.

          Edit: Geeze.. 3,000 posts already?

          Comment


          • #6

            On a note of self-deprecation (sp?), I had a company rental van for a day and stopped at Sbarro for lunch. I had their greasy - but good - pizza.

            It soaked through the cardboard, through the paper plate, through three or four napkins and then put a stain on the dashboard! It took some scrubbing with Armor-All to get it looking right.....but at least I did not leave it like that for the next guy.

            No telling what that stuff does to your arteries, though!

            The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

            The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

            ------------------------------------------------

            "Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

            Comment


            • #7
              Luckily we have a contract with a car wash and they clean both the exterior and interior of the car for us.
              yeah!

              Comment


              • #8
                I'll never work for a department that doesn't have take home cars.....right now I've got a take home with state wide off duty use, I'd hate to have to give that up.
                I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it

                "But the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet
                it" - Thucydides

                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Here is the other side of it. I work with an officer that will not stop spraying liquid scents into the vents. It is like driving a flower shop around for hours. Would not be so bad if you did not have to roll the windows down to keep from passing out.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    BTDT in my years prior to going to work for the state. If and when possible, assigned cars is the way to go. It's a whole lot easier to determine and assess blame for some people who insist on living like pigs. Totally understand the "rant"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I feel for you.
                      I have always had a take home car (now SUV) and would not work for an agency w/o a take home policy. Too many people just don't take care of things properly, especially when not held accountable for a shared vehicle.

                      On a side note, please explain "There are a couple guys on the department who are Vikings.".... I don't comprende (???)
                      SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
                      SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!



                      In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by swat_op506 View Post
                        I feel for you.
                        I have always had a take home car (now SUV) and would not work for an agency w/o a take home policy. Too many people just don't take care of things properly, especially when not held accountable for a shared vehicle.

                        On a side note, please explain "There are a couple guys on the department who are Vikings.".... I don't comprende (???)
                        Lol. I call someone a Viking if they are dirty or live in a pigsty. Someone who is grungy or has no concern about hygiene or has no pride in keeping things clean. From time to time at work I will tell my buddies to quit acting like a Viking. They usually laugh. They know I am not trying to be malicious. Just goofing off.
                        Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by sp23 View Post
                          I'll never work for a department that doesn't have take home cars.....right now I've got a take home with state wide off duty use, I'd hate to have to give that up.
                          And I (and everyone else out here that I have talked to about it) would never allow a marked unit to be parked anywhere near my home......nothing like putting a large "firebomb this house" or "a cops family lives here" sign in your driveway.
                          The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

                          "Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

                          "We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by pujolsfan146 View Post
                            This weekend I put in a shift at the department I work part time for. I get in the car and it was a complete mess. The seat looks like an alligator took a great big bite out of it. The bottom of the steering wheel has a big chunk missing. The plastic floor is ripped out and insulation and wires are exposed. The radio tree has food, drink and crumbs stuck all over it.

                            This squad is a Dodge Charger with the hemi engine. It used to be a really nice ride. It is outfitted rather nicely but man have some of the guys trashed it. It doesn't even have that many miles. My buddy used to be the chief for the department. He was forever cleaning the car but it is all in vain. He couldn't keep up with the guys who trashed it.

                            There are a couple guys on the department who are Vikings. I told my friend he needs to assign certain squads to certain officers. There is no way the forces will be, will allow the full time guys on the department to have take home squads but at least let the guys have assigned cars.

                            Not really a rant I guess. Just a pet peeve. On my full time job I have a take home squad. I love it. It is set up to my liking and I am crazy about keeping it clean. I hate a dirty office.
                            It isnt just your area.....I cannot for the life of me figure out what the deal is with cutting out chunks of the steering wheel.
                            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

                            "Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

                            "We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Prov1x View Post
                              Luckily we have a contract with a car wash and they clean both the exterior and interior of the car for us.
                              A buddy of mine was ranting about how they have the contract with car washes, but the guys still don't take them..

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 3102 users online. 135 members and 2967 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X