Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Justsaying View Post
    She should have said "That's how you respect this Court?"

I think people should go to court like you would go for a job interview, but I understand that too has changed.
    That is beginning to change as well since many people advise that while you should be neat and clean its often a good idea to dress for the job, IE: if you want to apply for a trade job then going to an interview in a suit or even business casual might be inappropriate, so you should wear a clean pair of jeans and blue collared work shirt instead.
    Life is what you make of it

Comment

I get the Judge's POV and agree completely. It's hard to think the Defendant takes the issue seriously when they can't bother to be respectful to the court.

On the other hand, the link Mav provided in reference to the Judge's appearance and manner of dress, refers to her as wearing evening dresses. If that is, in fact, the case then that in itself is tacky. Court isn't a party, a cocktail event, a fashion show or a social gathering. WTF are you wearing an evening dress?
      sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Smurfette.....That has always the judge's style of dress.

Comment

I've had to go to court numerous times. I am always either in a dress shirt, tie and slacks or uniform. There is one exception, I was a states witness in a DUI case and was put on stand by. The prosecutor told me that if she didn't call me by 1100 that I would probably not have to come in that day. Well at just after 1300 my phone rings as I'm out eating lunch with a couple friends "Can you be to the court within 30 min?" she asks. Uhm, yeah but I won't have time to change. I had to go in wearing blue jeans and a polo shirt and felt like a turd for doing so. If I was a judge I would mandate a dress code for trials. I don't need to see all the newest, coolest fashions in my court room.
          "I'm sorry, did you see my care face? Because I'm pretty sure I didn't show it to you becuase I DON'T care. Have a nice day. "

Comment

Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
            Smurfette.....That has always the judge's style of dress.
            Then I dare say one can argue (devil's advocate) that the defendant's style of dress has 'always' been that way; dressing in an evening gown is no more respectful to the court, IMHO.
            sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

But the judge is in her robe on the bench, the defendant is not.

Comment

That outfit is mild compared to some of the stuff I have seen people wear while coming to court......and the judges dont say a word about it.

I am actually surprised when I see someone show up in a pair of dress pants and collared shirt.
                The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by jason860 View Post
                  Her outfit might have gotten her past a velvet rope, but in a Brooklyn courtroom it could mean seven years in the slammer.
                  If you guys know anything about the court system in NYC, especially Brooklyn, you know it will be way less than that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4764 users online. 268 members and 4496 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X