Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many sovereigns are highly educated. Dentists and chiropractors, for example, are two of the top professions that fall for sovereign schemes. Robert Beale, a Minnesota sovereign who tried to arrange a hit on the judge in his case while using a prison telephone, has an engineering degree from MIT and was the CEO of a multi-million company before he ended up in prison.

And never assume that the educated sovereigns are the less violent ones. Elaine Brown, a dentist, is serving 35 years in federal prison for engaging in a nine-month, heavily-armed standoff involving explosives in Plainfield, New Hampshire. A Glen Mills, PA dentist named Richard Kaufman is pending trial in one court on attempted homicide charges for beating a repo guy with metal bar, and in a second court on tax evasion charges.

Comment

Originally posted by pujolsfan146 View Post
      I have never been a fan of the Southern Poverty Law Center magazine..
      I have never been a fan of the SPLC period.
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

...It seems as though if someone has a religious opinion or a varying opinion they are labeled as rogue...
        One of the problems, as I see it, is that anyone can be made to look like an extremist if you want. Also that someone having views "to the extreme" is de facto a bad thing.

But one thing I alway try to remember is Niven's Law. "There is no cause so righteous that one cannot find fools following it."
        There are basically two kinds of people in this world. Those that believe in the moon landing and those that don't.
        http://unistat76.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by westside popo View Post
          Up until that point the PMs were steady... then they stopped. Never heard anything since. Not even a thank you!
          That's unacceptably bad manners, but it doesn't mean all writers are rude users.

Some police officers are brutish thugs. Doesn't mean they all are.

Obviously I'm not going to defend or insult the SPLC. I've never done any work for them other than the one freelance article. They contacted me as an expert on sovereign gibberish after the Kane shootings, and since the magazine is widely read in law enforcement circles, I said, "You bet." Like them or not, they've stirred up an amazing amount of publicity about the dangers to police officers inherent in the movement and their police training video featuring Chief Paudert, the man whose son was killed by young Joe Kane, is very good.

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informe...the-sovereigns

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
            I am not at work getting paid ------I am sitting on my couch with a cup of coffee. My house----my rules.
            I look forward to the day. Just 4 more years.
            Last edited by Justsaying; 06-07-2011, 10:24 PM.
            It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

Comment

Originally posted by jjmacnab View Post
              Obviously I'm not going to defend or insult the SPLC. I've never done any work for them other than the one freelance article. They contacted me as an expert on sovereign gibberish after the Kane shootings, and since the magazine is widely read in law enforcement circles, I said, "You bet." Like them or not, they've stirred up an amazing amount of publicity about the dangers to police officers inherent in the movement and their police training video featuring Chief Paudert, the man whose son was killed by young Joe Kane, is very good.
              SPLC did a pretty good article on the two officers killed here by "sovereigns" a few years back. I wasn't thrilled with some of the facts they presented (they were wrong) but overall it wasn't too bad.
              “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Comment

I have never been a fan of the Southern Poverty Law Center magazine. It seems as though if someone has a religious opinion or a varying opinion they are labeled as rogue. I get the impression, from articles and quotes in the magazine, that they want a bunch of apathetic robots. From what I have read they have bashed numerous decent people for their opinions. I am not talking about the white supremacy gangs or sovereign citizens or even the militia. They strike me as a bunch of uneducated idiots.

I am talking about decent hardworking people. The magazine has lost my attention due to some of its stances. A good number of my fellow co-workers feel the same.
                +1

IMO, the SPLC are largely a bunch of left-wing idealogues who have yet to meet a moonbat leftist who's extreme enough to label as a radical. On the other hand, virtually any mainstream conservative risks getting labeled as extreme by the folks at SPLC.

Comment

A new article from prior Libertarian candidate Kent McManigal entitled "Copsuckers, Mobsters and You the Sovereign Citizen:"

http://zerogov.com/?p=1897

Comment

A new article from prior Libertarian candidate Kent McManigal entitled "Copsuckers, Mobsters and You the Sovereign Citizen:"

I couldnt decide whether to be offended or just laugh at the stupidity in that article

Comment

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TAX
                      FRIDAY, JUNE 10, 2011 (202) 514-2007
                      WWW.JUSTICE.GOV TTY 1-866-544-5309

JACKSON COUNTY, MICHIGAN, MAN CHARGED WITH GUN CRIME
                      AND OBSTRUCTING THE INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE

WASHINGTON – A Detroit grand jury has returned a superseding indictment charging Karl Herrington, of Parma, Mich., with being a felon in possession of six different firearms, the Department of Justice, the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) announced. Herrington is charged with possessing the firearms on May 25, 2011, which was the day of his arrest on two counts of corruptly endeavoring to obstruct the administration of the Internal Revenue laws and five counts of filing false tax forms with the IRS.

According to the superseding indictment, Herrington was previously convicted of a felony offense. On May 25, 2011, when he was arrested on the underlying tax charges, Herrington possessed six different firearms, including five shotguns and a magnum rifle.

According to the superseding indictment, Herrington submitted false forms to the IRS to intimidate and harass state and local government officials and employees. These included Forms 1099-OID falsely reporting that Herrington paid original issue discount, which is taxable as interest, to law enforcement personnel and judges involved in a criminal case against him in Jackson County. In that case, Herrington was charged with being an accessory after the fact for harboring his wife, who was wanted for outstanding arrest warrants.

The superseding indictment also alleges that Herrington sent false Forms 1099-OID to federal attorneys prosecuting a criminal tax case against his wife in the Northern District of Ohio in order to interfere with that case. Among the false tax forms Herrington is accused of filing was an individual income tax return for himself falsely reporting federal tax withheld of more than $8 million.

If convicted, Herrington faces a maximum potential sentence of 31 years in prison, a maximum fine of $1.5 million and forfeiture of the firearms. An indictment is merely an allegation, and Herrington is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt in a court of law.

Tax Division Trial Attorneys Kenneth Vert and Jeffrey McLellan are litigating the case for the United States.

Comment

Read the article and the comments. Its bizarre. Not surprising, I know those nuts are out there, but bizarre. By the way (Hi wierdos!) this thread was linked over there. Luckily, those hard core ones are sooooo far the minority. The amusing part is that they truly believe they are right and millions of other people are wrong. Oh well...to each their own.
                        For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEqfmx-gXHU

Lol. Pretty entertaining.

Reporter: Well, do you walk on the sidewalks paid for by other people?

D-bag: Um...well...the sidewalks belong to everyone.

Reporter: How do they get paid for?

D-Bag: Um...well...I don't know exactly.

Reporter: IF you were in trouble, would you call the police?

D-Bag: Um...well...I would call a peace officer.
                          For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

Here's one of the funniest sovereign videos.

Ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjnQrZ7-Rcg

Dude, lay off the weed.

Comment

Hey jeffIL, did you know that the owner of the Giordano's pizza chain is a sovereign?

Comment

Hey jjmacnab, very interesting information in your blog and the article linked in the original post. I first came across the sovereign movement in a post on a Canadian LE website, and have seen some very amusing videos of traffic stops (filmed by the so-called sovereigns, not the police). From what I've read today I have a better frame of reference to understand their bizarre language and beliefs - thanks!

Do you know anything about the sovereign movement in Canada? From the little I've seen, its followers appear to be mostly a group of 20-30 something potheads, but I'm sure I'm wrong.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7814 users online. 374 members and 7440 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X