Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OneAdam12
    replied
    Originally posted by FJDave
    This little turd is from the same area as me in So Cal. With this in mind, it's no wonder he thinks this way about guns....after all, the PRC (People's Republik of Calif) is apparently awash in guns too......ugh. What a tool.
    What are you waiting for FJ? You know what you have to do. As always if any of your IM force is captured, the secretary will disavow any knowledge of the incident. this post will self destruct in five seconds. Good luck FJ

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Originally posted by Nikk
    Al Qaeda is not a religion. Osama bin Laden was not a follower of Islam, much like the Westboro "Baptist" church is not even remotely affiliated with the actual Baptist denomination.
    Bingo!

Leave a comment:

• Nikk
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffaloboy
    And I thought this was a peaceful religion
    Al Qaeda is not a religion. Osama bin Laden was not a follower of Islam, much like the Westboro "Baptist" church is not even remotely affiliated with the actual Baptist denomination.

Leave a comment:

• NextGenOfc
    replied
    This world is so f'd up

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffaloboy
    Just like Christianity? Oh wait....folks have been killing other folks in the name of a Christian God for a long damn time as well........

Just sayin'.......

Leave a comment:

• Buffaloboy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Unistat
    replied
    Originally posted by Kieth M.
    On the serious side, tactically, could they do it? Yes.

On the (let's call it) public relations side, should they do it? Likely not.

Tactically, it would probably succeed in places like NYC, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago...any major city with Draconian gun laws keeping law-abiding folks from CCW...
    Minor point of correction. Detroit (or Michigan) does not have draconian gun laws, many people have CPLs here. Our worst gun law is pistol registration.

In the suburbs where all the malls are people are MUCH more conservative and likely to be armed. Contrary to the image that is popularly held, Michigan is a pretty conservative state, getting more so by the month as Detroit depopulates.

Leave a comment:

• APDSgt
    replied
    Originally posted by M-11
    M-11 encourages everyone who is not a terrorist to buy guns for terror attacks as well.

M-11
    This is the quote of the year.

Leave a comment:

• Kieth M.
    replied
    On the serious side, tactically, could they do it? Yes.

On the (let's call it) public relations side, should they do it? Likely not.

Tactically, it would probably succeed in places like NYC, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago...any major city with Draconian gun laws keeping law-abiding folks from CCW...or, okay, let's include the open-carry crowd. But these big cities are also the bastions of liberal, lefty, so-called progressive thought, so AQ would be in danger of losing support...or "tolerance"...from the hand-wringing, blame America first types.

It would probably not succeed in flyover country, where CCW and even open-carry laws are less restrictive. And it might not get the media coverage these goat-boning, turds relish.

Regardless of what I've posted, should people let their guard down? No. They need to keep watch for suspicious activities from anyone in markets, malls, airports, schools, etc. and know where "cover" and exits are.

Leave a comment:

• RGDS
    replied
    ~75 AQ operatives? Isn't that a little much? Even the 9/11 attacks ONLY had 19, and that was at the height of the organization. RPGs? I know my state is tougher than most, but I doubt that kind of firepower is able to bought in stores, Smuggled? Maybe, but enough for ~35 guys?

I by no means doubt the scenario. Mumbai didn't have that many people. That's a lot of intell, ICE, FBI , and local failure to get 75 guys in two buses and two helicopters.

Could 3-4 guys with a couple of rifles and pistols and homemade bombs do that plot, sure. Realistic, you bet.

Leave a comment:

• Gunner.K19
    replied
    I say, let al Qaida by guns from us; however, I strongly suggest this particular model...

Leave a comment:

• yankees24
    replied
    Originally posted by GangGreen712
    We've been preparing, from what I can tell, to stop a single bomber, bio-weapon distributor, or maybe one to three guys who want to go on a shooting spree. But what about a light infantry/commando style raid involving a larger number of well armed terrorists? Here's a scenario:

It's the height of Black Friday at a large mall (like Mall of America/King of Prussia sized). Two school buses carrying 30 al-Qaeda operatives each pull up on two sides of the mall. Two helicopters drop 16 more operatives onto the roof. Half the raiders rush inside and begin massacring everyone in sight. The rest of the terrorists set up a parameter with machine gun emplacements, RPGs, and snipers.

Obviously, I don't think any open carrying would be very effective against a situation like this. But, are there any LE agencies with the equipment and training to deal with such a situation? Or would they have to wait to get a company of Rangers and a Delta or SEAL Team to defuse this situation?
    Pretty sure in a situation like this, you would need some sort of military intervention. LEO's just don't have the necessary resources to take care of this. There's officers and everything, but are you guys trained to operate in scenario's like this? And the police still need to be there to help block off the area and maintain control outside of the hot area. It would be a long day thats for sure

Leave a comment:

• MagnumForce
    replied
    Go ahead, skin it. Skin that smokewagon and see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• Tom S
    replied
    This is a world fraught with peril, 98% of the populace is oblivious to it. If you are "awake" I would bet you are one of the 2%. If the numbers were reversed and only 2% of the citizenry was oblivious, we wouldn't need as many police as we seem to need at this time.

Leave a comment:

• GangGreen712
    replied
    Originally posted by zeplin
    Tom, I don't know where in MO you're from, but here in Smallberg, MO we are awake. I'm a bit surprised that the terrorists have refrained from random acts of terror for so long.
    We've been preparing, from what I can tell, to stop a single bomber, bio-weapon distributor, or maybe one to three guys who want to go on a shooting spree. But what about a light infantry/commando style raid involving a larger number of well armed terrorists? Here's a scenario:

It's the height of Black Friday at a large mall (like Mall of America/King of Prussia sized). Two school buses carrying 30 al-Qaeda operatives each pull up on two sides of the mall. Two helicopters drop 16 more operatives onto the roof. Half the raiders rush inside and begin massacring everyone in sight. The rest of the terrorists set up a parameter with machine gun emplacements, RPGs, and snipers.

Obviously, I don't think any open carrying would be very effective against a situation like this. But, are there any LE agencies with the equipment and training to deal with such a situation? Or would they have to wait to get a company of Rangers and a Delta or SEAL Team to defuse this situation?
    Last edited by GangGreen712; 06-05-2011, 10:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20801 users online. 58 members and 20743 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...