300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nikk View Post
    Al Qaeda is not a religion. Osama bin Laden was not a follower of Islam, much like the Westboro "Baptist" church is not even remotely affiliated with the actual Baptist denomination.
    Bingo!

Comment

Originally posted by FJDave View Post
      This little turd is from the same area as me in So Cal. With this in mind, it's no wonder he thinks this way about guns....after all, the PRC (People's Republik of Calif) is apparently awash in guns too......ugh. What a tool.
      What are you waiting for FJ? You know what you have to do. As always if any of your IM force is captured, the secretary will disavow any knowledge of the incident. this post will self destruct in five seconds. Good luck FJ
      Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Originally posted by GangGreen712 View Post
        We've been preparing, from what I can tell, to stop a single bomber, bio-weapon distributor, or maybe one to three guys who want to go on a shooting spree. But what about a light infantry/commando style raid involving a larger number of well armed terrorists? Here's a scenario:

It's the height of Black Friday at a large mall (like Mall of America/King of Prussia sized). Two school buses carrying 30 al-Qaeda operatives each pull up on two sides of the mall. Two helicopters drop 16 more operatives onto the roof. Half the raiders rush inside and begin massacring everyone in sight. The rest of the terrorists set up a parameter with machine gun emplacements, RPGs, and snipers.

Obviously, I don't think any open carrying would be very effective against a situation like this. But, are there any LE agencies with the equipment and training to deal with such a situation? Or would they have to wait to get a company of Rangers and a Delta or SEAL Team to defuse this situation?
        AQ is smart. I highly doubt they would launch an operation exposing that many operatives. With the required planning for such a thing, their risk/reward would be low.

Depending on their experience, once confronted they could easily be disrupted and taken out accordingly. I think any large city would have the guys on board to respond. If not, any other options would simply take too long. It would be over by the time you got any military intervention... the closest national response team we have is the FBI HRT.

Comment

Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
          There was already an incident with guns a while back...I think it was at the CIA's parking lot, or on the freeway on an exit ramp going into the CIA's building...
          1993 in Langley VA. Here's the story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_sh...A_Headquarters
          A firearm attack took place on January 25, 1993 near the entrance of Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) headquarters in Langley, Virginia where two CIA employees were killed and three others wounded. The perpetrator, Mir Aimal Kansi, shot CIA employees in their cars as they were waiting at a stoplight.

Kansi fled the country and was placed on the FBI Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list, sparking a four year international manhunt. He was captured by FBI agents in Pakistan in 1997 and rendered back to the United States to stand trial. He admitted that he shot the victims of the attack, and was subsequently found guilty of capital and first-degree murder, and was executed by lethal injection in 2002.
          Also remember another local DC event in 2002. Remember the Snipers? Two clowns tied up and terrorized an entire metro area for weeks. Imagine a handful of terrorists doing the same thing in several cities across the US simultaneously. Just sayin.
          sigpic
          Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
          And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
            Just like Christianity? Oh wait....folks have been killing other folks in the name of a Christian God for a long damn time as well........

Just sayin'.......
            Actually I agree with you wholeheartedly. The crusades were..."our man made religion is superior to you man made religion. Join ours or we'll kill you".

Basically all religions are just brainwashing cults that have gained mass appeal because you are told it's right and true from a time in your life where you blindly believe what is told to you by the only people you trust. So you can't make up your own mind and if you try to then they use scare tactics to wash doubt from your mind... like "you'll go to hell, wont get into heaven or your being a bad so and so or one of my favorites, "you have to have blind faith". This makes it very hard to waver from religion even when you grow older and can see the problems with it, you feel guilt from turning you back on your family and the trust they have built with you or you fell for it hook line and sinker and can not think for yourself because you truly are brainwashed.
            Last edited by Buffaloboy; 06-06-2011, 12:20 PM.
            Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

Originally posted by OneAdam12 View Post
              What are you waiting for FJ? You know what you have to do. As always if any of your IM force is captured, the secretary will disavow any knowledge of the incident. this post will self destruct in five seconds. Good luck FJ
              Gawd, I'd pay for the chance....
              sigpic
              Originally posted by Smurfette
              Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
              Originally posted by DAL
              You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffaloboy View Post
                Actually I agree with you wholeheartedly. The crusades were..."our man made religion is superior to you man made religion. Join ours or we'll kill you".

Basically all religions are just brainwashing cults that have gained mass appeal because you are told it's right and true from a time in your life where you blindly believe what is told to you by the only people you trust, so you can't make up your own mind and if you try to then they use scare tactics to wash doubt from your mind... like "you'll go to hell, wont get into heaven or your being a bad so and so.
                For another discussion altogether. We're discussing GUNS now!
                "Of course America had often been discovered before Columbus, but it had always been hushed up."

Comment

Originally posted by OneAdam12 View Post
                  :::Poof!:::
                  Hmmm... I tried to quote... and then the post suddenly self destructed!
                  "Of course America had often been discovered before Columbus, but it had always been hushed up."

Comment

Originally posted by Nikk View Post
                    For another discussion altogether. We're discussing GUNS now!
                    True, but the first thing islam teaches it to obey and then when the imam's tell you its god's will/word to get guns and kill, it must be followed out because it is god's word and I have been taught to obey since I was too young to know better.
                    Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

True, but the first thing islam teaches it to obey and then when the imam's tell you its god's will/word to get guns and kill, it must be followed out because it is god's word and I have been taught to obey since I was too young to know better.
                      Well... no. The fundamental teachings of Islam aren't all that far from those of other religions. When it comes to violence in the name of religion, you can't actually blame the religion - it's the misguided leaders using it (falsely) as a means to their own ends. For example, for centuries Christians believed that the Bible supported slavery. Now they see that was never the case. But the wording they drew this from in the Bible itself hasn't changed. What changed is how man chose to interpret those same words. My people were mistreated and killed rather horrifically by "Christians" - all the way up to the Presidents, and as recently as the 70's. I do not blame the religion, I blame those people for their false presentation of it.

But the reason I said "for another discussion altogether" is we're going rather off topic here, and that will lead the the usual stuff that leads to the thread being yanked! So, my apologies for my part in it. I'm off to work now!

Comment

Basically all religions are just brainwashing cults....
                        Great points! Maybe while we're banning guns, we should ban religion too. If weapons are "bad" because people use them to accomplish evil, then it stands to reason that faith in God and a common belief in what is or isn't morally acceptable should also be regulated.

Lenin would have loved you.
                        "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

I know plenty of Christians that were taught to obey their Pastors/Priests....... Hmm......

Comment

Originally posted by vincelli View Post
                            Unfortunately, (believe that the vast majority of Cops are on your side with respect to Citizens having the ability to possess a firearm and defend themselves) the politicians who support gun-control (also known as stripping decent Citizens of the ability to defend themselves while criminals could care less about following "the rules") don't need any further reason to pursue their cause. This makes no difference to them; they would've pursued it anyway.

No, I don't think US Citizens should be walking through shopping malls with fully-automatic weapons slung across their chests, but neither do I maintain that we (the Police) can defend against certain types of threats.

In this war, it falls upon all of us (Police and Citizens alike) to realize that these types of attacks could be carried out.

We should not live our lives in a paranoid state (as that is what they want), but we should continue to be vigiliant.

Americans from all walks of life have proved time and time again that we have no problem standing up and defending what we believe in.

Stay safe, all.

-V
                            This is America, and we are at war.

That doesn't mean that it's time to go build a bomb shelter, or join a neo-nazi militia, or for Civilians to begin stock-piling automatic weapons.

Ours is the very first Democratic Nation in all of the World's history to attain military superiority over ALL other Nations.

There are many Nations out there who consider us arrogant, egotistical, and lazy; and the vast majority of the time it is due to the fact that they envy us.

They simply do not understand how America has become the power it has become; that it's our "mindset" alone which sets us apart from everyone else.

They do not understand that although we bicker CONSTANTLY with each other, when we are attacked, everything else goes out the window. When attacked, this Country is no longer a Country of "Republicans" vs. "Democrats", "Yanks" vs. "Rednecks", "Rich" vs. "Poor", "Race" vs. "Race", "Mets" vs. "Sox", or even "Cops" vs. "Criminals". When we are attacked, we ALL respond as "Americans".

We are the last Country that a Nation has to fear, as we use more restraint than ANY other Nation; but, if you **** with us, you had better get your affairs in order, because every last one of us is coming for you (in one way or another).

Tread on us at your peril, and be sure your burial site is paid in full.

-V

Both of these are so beautifully written I am not sure any one could even come close to this.
                            I start to comment to them the minute after V wrote them but I didn't. But now I see why.
                            The sad thing is the disarming of the American people is already well under way. Just look on the first page of officer.com.

Like you said V
                            believe that the vast majority of Cops are on your side with respect to Citizens having the ability to possess a firearm and defend themselves
                            so holds the same for the vast majority of Citizens are on the side of the police. Now we are at war or so the powers that be would have us believe at the same time more and more oppressive laws are passed that do nothing for public safety but have everything to do with control of the masses.

You spoke encouraging words of Citizen and police standing hand in hand defending the line, Yet the Citizen of this country has been infringed on when it comes to gun control when the enemy we could face has 8 year olds walking around with weapons that would send a hard working American Citizen to prison with felonies.

At some point we will have to ask our selfs "Is this law something I can uphold and still be support the Constitution?" We are at a point now that with out a doubt more are coming. IMO
                            Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water.

Comment

Originally posted by Vorkon View Post
                              Both of these are so beautifully written I am not sure any one could even come close to this.
                              I start to comment to them the minute after V wrote them but I didn't. But now I see why.
                              The sad thing is the disarming of the American people is already well under way. Just look on the first page of officer.com.

Like you said V so holds the same for the vast majority of Citizens are on the side of the police. Now we are at war or so the powers that be would have us believe at the same time more and more oppressive laws are passed that do nothing for public safety but have everything to do with control of the masses.

You spoke encouraging words of Citizen and police standing hand in hand defending the line, Yet the Citizen of this country has been infringed on when it comes to gun control when the enemy we could face has 8 year olds walking around with weapons that would send a hard working American Citizen to prison with felonies.

At some point we will have to ask our selfs "Is this law something I can uphold and still be support the Constitution?" We are at a point now that with out a doubt more are coming. IMO
                              Careful with this. It's hard to understand what you're getting at.

If you're stating that our Country is in such disaray that it may be time to committ to armed resistance against our Government, you will find me on the other side, and I'll have no problem pumping a round into your head if that's what's required.

Our Constitution is still in place, and for all the problems we DO have, our Country has NOT become a dictatorship. While a great many have misgivings about certain ideals (gun rights are one of those hot-topics), and while our system is by no means perfect, to advocate that we give up our system for something else would be the largest mistake we could make. At that point, America would no longer be America; and that I will fight against with my last dying breath.

As I said, not at all saying that that is your viewpoint, just that someone could easily misinterpret...

A famous saying that is so very true: "Democracy is the WORST form of Government; except for everything else..."

-V

Comment

Careful with this. It's hard to understand what you're getting at.

If you're stating that our Country is in such disaray that it may be time to committ to armed resistance against our Government, you will find me on the other side, and I'll have no problem pumping a round into your head if that's what's required.

Our Constitution is still in place, and for all the problems we DO have, our Country has NOT become a dictatorship. While a great many have misgivings about certain ideals (gun rights are one of those hot-topics), and while our system is by no means perfect, to advocate that we give up our system for something else would be the largest mistake we could make. At that point, America would no longer be America; and that I will fight against with my last dying breath.

As I said, not at all saying that that is your viewpoint, just that someone could easily misinterpret...

A famous saying that is so very true: "Democracy is the WORST form of Government; except for everything else..."

-V
                                You are right, After I reread what I posted I see how that could be miss-understood.
                                A armed revolt would be the greatest tragedy we could have. It is so hard to sometimes type what we mean and say with the absolutes of solid words, If you understand what I mean.

Our Constitution is still very much in place, How ever if we continue down the road of back door interpretations with work arounds we must stay cautious. Educating our friends and people we meet with up coming election I believe is our greatest hope.

No way am I suggesting a armed revolt. Sorry I came across in such a way.
                                Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5407 users online. 288 members and 5119 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X