Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• al Qaeda encourages Muslims to buy guns for terror attacks

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...#ixzz1OPVy8400

Al Qaeda has released a video urging Muslims who live in the U.S. to take advantage of the easy access to firearms and buy guns to kill Americans.

In the two-hour video released Friday, Adam Gadahn, an American-born spokesman for the terror network, cited America as an example where Muslims in the West have tools at their disposal for a holy war against "the enemies of Islam."

"America is absolutely awash with easily obtainable firearms," said Gadahn, who is known as ***am al-Amriki. "You can go down to a gun show at the local convention center and come away with a fully automatic assault rifle without a background check and most likely without having to show an identification card.

"So what are you waiting for?" he asked in a matter-of-fact tone.

The extended video reportedly shows the logos of Exxon, Merrily Lynch and Bank of America. Gadahn seeks to assure would-be terrorists that striking these targets isn't difficult.

"Getting to these criminals isn't as hard as you might think," he said. "I mean, we've seen how a woman knocked the Pope to the floor during Christmas mass, and how Italian leader Berlusconi's face was smashed during a public appearance. So it's just a matter of entrusting the matter to Allah and choosing the right place, the right time and the right method."

The video comes one month after Navy SEALs shot and killed Usama bin Laden in Pakistan.
    I'm not taking this at face value. This AQ spokesman isn't trying to rally Muslims down to the gun store (Us gun dealers would refuse sale if we were suspicious anyway). This is an attempt to get the politicians rallied against gun owners: The ease of getting guns legally is now a security threat so we have to ban them. An unarmed society is an easier target for them and they know it.

Apparently though, he didn't do his research. It's possible to go to a gun show, buy a full automatic weapon without even having to show ID, and walk out the same day? No $200 tax stamp? No going to your police chief/sheriff/mayor to sign off on it after 6 months of waiting? And I can do it all legally? What gun show is this? Sign me up!
    Last edited by GangGreen712; 06-05-2011, 09:40 AM.
    "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
    -Chris Rock

This little turd is from the same area as me in So Cal. With this in mind, it's no wonder he thinks this way about guns....after all, the PRC (People's Republik of Calif) is apparently awash in guns too......ugh. What a tool.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Smurfette
    Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
    Originally posted by DAL
    You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

M-11 encourages everyone who is not a terrorist to buy guns for terror attacks as well.

M-11
      “All men dream...... But not equally..
      Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
      but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
      for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by GangGreen712 View Post
        http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...#ixzz1OPVy8400

I'm not taking this at face value. This AQ spokesman isn't trying to rally Muslims down to the gun store (Us gun dealers would refuse sale if we were suspicious anyway). This is an attempt to get the politicians rallied against gun owners: The ease of getting guns legally is now a security threat so we have to ban them. An unarmed society is an easier target for them and they know it.

Apparently though, he didn't do his research. It's possible to go to a gun show, buy a full automatic weapon without even having to show ID, and walk out the same day? No $200 tax stamp? No going to your police chief/sheriff/mayor to sign off on it after 6 months of waiting? And I can do it all legally? What gun show is this? Sign me up!
        Don't think like that, and don't dsimiss this; ***am al-Amriki is the real-deal, and he means exactly what he said. He also needs his forehead air-conditioned just like Bin Laden.

As a cop and former Counter-Terrorism Operator, I can tell you the fact is that if his messages actually do convince others to act, an armed citizen is likely the only thing that could stop such an attack if it occurrs. As much as I and my Brothers and Sisters would want to intervene, truth be told, many would be killed before the first unit could get on-scene.

Contrary to the beliefs of some, the War on Terror is still on-going, and it is not a one-sided war.

(And please, for the love of all that's Holy, let's not let this thread devolve into some "but the only way to stop this is to Open-Carry" BS).

-V

Comment

Originally posted by vincelli View Post
          Don't think like that, and don't dsimiss this; ***am al-Amriki is the real-deal, and he means exactly what he said. He also needs his forehead air-conditioned just like Bin Laden.

As a cop and former Counter-Terrorism Operator, I can tell you the fact is that if his messages actually do convince others to act, an armed citizen is likely the only thing that could stop such an attack if it occurrs. As much as I and my Brothers and Sisters would want to intervene, truth be told, many would be killed before the first unit could get on-scene.

Contrary to the beliefs of some, the War on Terror is still on-going, and it is not a one-sided war.

(And please, for the love of all that's Holy, let's not let this thread devolve into some "but the only way to stop this is to Open-Carry" BS) Oh, jeez, I didn't even consider that. Yeah, I'll echo that: This is not meant to be an open carry thread..

-V
          Whatever Amriki's reason for the message is, the politicians could take this as an excuse to close "the gun show loop hole" and ban "assault weapons." I just wonder if this could be a double edged sword. At any rate, if what he says does strike a chord with any radicals just waiting to get roused, I'll be on the lookout. I will NOT sell if I even get a HINT that something is up...
          "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
          -Chris Rock

Comment

Whatever Amriki's reason for the message is, the politicians could take this as an excuse to close "the gun show loop hole" and ban "assault weapons." I just wonder if this could be a double edged sword. At any rate, if what he says does strike a chord with any radicals just waiting to get roused, I'll be on the lookout. I will NOT sell if I even get a HINT that something is up...

The issue is that you think what you would do and what all gun dealers would do as the same. It simply isn't true. You can go down to those pawn shops (that are nothing more than a fence) that have a FFL and they will sell to anybody that can pass the background. They don't ask any more questions than required.

I'll go up against a terrorist with a gun any day over one with a bomb.

Comment

Unfortunately, (believe that the vast majority of Cops are on your side with respect to Citizens having the ability to possess a firearm and defend themselves) the politicians who support gun-control (also known as stripping decent Citizens of the ability to defend themselves while criminals could care less about following "the rules") don't need any further reason to pursue their cause. This makes no difference to them; they would've pursued it anyway.

No, I don't think US Citizens should be walking through shopping malls with fully-automatic weapons slung across their chests, but neither do I maintain that we (the Police) can defend against certain types of threats.

In this war, it falls upon all of us (Police and Citizens alike) to realize that these types of attacks could be carried out.

We should not live our lives in a paranoid state (as that is what they want), but we should continue to be vigiliant.

Americans from all walks of life have proved time and time again that we have no problem standing up and defending what we believe in.

Stay safe, all.

-V

Comment

They're trying to divide us more then we are...Can you imagine the gun control people if AQ pulls off an atack using guns...Pro-guns and anti-guns people are really going to go at it...Bankrupting and dividing America is AQ's plan...They may be making a lot of videos and hype, most AQ leaders and supporters know their days are numbered...

There was already an incident with guns a while back...I think it was at the CIA's parking lot, or on the freeway on an exit ramp going into the CIA's building...
                sigpic

Comment

This is America, and we are at war.

That doesn't mean that it's time to go build a bomb shelter, or join a neo-nazi militia, or for Civilians to begin stock-piling automatic weapons.

Ours is the very first Democratic Nation in all of the World's history to attain military superiority over ALL other Nations.

There are many Nations out there who consider us arrogant, egotistical, and lazy; and the vast majority of the time it is due to the fact that they envy us.

They simply do not understand how America has become the power it has become; that it's our "mindset" alone which sets us apart from everyone else.

They do not understand that although we bicker CONSTANTLY with each other, when we are attacked, everything else goes out the window. When attacked, this Country is no longer a Country of "Republicans" vs. "Democrats", "Yanks" vs. "Rednecks", "Rich" vs. "Poor", "Race" vs. "Race", "Mets" vs. "Sox", or even "Cops" vs. "Criminals". When we are attacked, we ALL respond as "Americans".

We are the last Country that a Nation has to fear, as we use more restraint than ANY other Nation; but, if you **** with us, you had better get your affairs in order, because every last one of us is coming for you (in one way or another).

Tread on us at your peril, and be sure your burial site is paid in full.

-V
                  Last edited by vincelli; 06-05-2011, 05:40 PM.

Comment

....... but we should continue to be vigiliant.

-V
                    No moreso than now.....when taking UBL out has seemed to have brought many citizens' guard down. Killing UBL p***ed off a lot of jihadis.

Comment

This is America, and we are at war.

That doesn't mean that it's time to go build a bomb shelter, or join a neo-nazi militia, or for Civilians to begin stock-piling automatic weapons.

Ours is the very first Democratic Nation in all of the World's history to attain military superiority over ALL other Nations.

There are many Nations out there who consider us arrogant, egotistical, and lazy; and the vast majority of the time it is due to the fact that they envy us.

They simply do not understand how America has become the power it has become; that it's our "mindset" alone which sets us apart from everyone else.

They do not understand that although we bicker CONSTANTLY with each other, when we are attacked, everything else goes out the window. When attacked, this Country is no longer a Country of "Republicans" vs. "Democrats", "Yanks" vs. "Rednecks", "Rich" vs. "Poor", "Race" vs. "Race", "Mets" vs. "Sox", or even "Cops" vs. "Criminals". When we are attacked, we ALL respond as "Americans".

We are the last Country that a Nation has to fear, as we use more restraint than ANY other Nation; but, if you **** with us, you had better get your affairs in order, because every last one of us is coming for you (in one way or another).

Tread on us at your peril, and be sure your burial site is paid in full.

-V
                      This was so well said...nice and tight like poetry.....maybe you should copyright and sell to somebody like Trace Atkins

Comment

What? Al Queda is urging Muslims the U.S. to buy guns and attack us?

This stands in stark contrast to those frequent deliveries of free puppies, kittens, floral arrangements, and ice cream & cake that I've come to expect from them!
                        "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
                          What? Al Queda is urging Muslims the U.S. to buy guns and attack us?

This stands in stark contrast to those frequent deliveries of free puppies, kittens, floral arrangements, and ice cream & cake that I've come to expect from them!
                          Yea, where the frick IS my puppy anyway?

Comment

...Civilians to begin stock-piling automatic weapons...
                            I agree with everything you said except this. If you can afford them, go aheand and stockpile them, I say! I wish I had that kind of money.
                            There are basically two kinds of people in this world. Those that believe in the moon landing and those that don't.
                            http://unistat76.blogspot.com/

Comment

I want to say something, I do not want to sound like a goon or a racist, but plain speaking is usually best.

I'm from Metro Detroit where we have the 1st or 2nd largest Arab/Muslim population in the U.S. Everytime I go to the gun shop or range, EVERY TIME, I see Arabic folks browsing and renting lanes to shoot.

Does the thought flash through my mind that they could have bad motives? Yes.

Then I think, "On the other hand, maybe they want a gun to protect themselves from racists who would attack them because they are Arab or Muslim."

Then I think, "On the gripping hand, I hope the owners are keeping an eye on them, because I sure am."

I think those thoughts when I see low-lifes at the gun shop too, but the difference is most of the Muslims or Arabs I see there, I would not classify as a low life.

I'm not really proud of those thoughts, but there it is.
                              There are basically two kinds of people in this world. Those that believe in the moon landing and those that don't.
                              http://unistat76.blogspot.com/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3677 users online. 200 members and 3477 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X