Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida high school teacher won't face charges for punching student in the face

I just got saw this, a student gets into the face of a teacher, berating her, won't back down until. . .

Just like the Batman series, *POW* *BANG*, the teacher punches him in the face.

The kid in question is shocked why he got nailed afterwords.. . oy vey, what we're coming to!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...t_in_the_.html

A Florida high school teacher arrested for allegedly punching a student won't face charges, the St. Petersburg Times reported.

Sandra Hadsock, a veteran teacher at Central High School, was caught on a cell phone video earlier this month confronting a student who called her vulgar names.

The teacher is seen landing at least one punch to the student's face - but weeks after she was arrested, prosecutors said the video doesn't prove she wasn't acting in self-defense.

"You can't tell if he actually made contact, but it's certainly reasonable to believe that it could have happened," prosecutor Brian Trehy told the newspaper.

In the video, Hadsock is heard saying "Step back right now!" before punching the student. "He pushed me," she said afterwards as a girl says "Oh my God! He didn't do anything. You can't punch him in the face."

"I didn't touch her. You guys saw that, right? I didn't touch her," the red-headed student can be heard saying.

Students who witnessed the dramatic incident in Hadsock's art class said that the student had landed the first punch on the 64-year-old teacher after he called her a variety of obscene names, according to reports at the time of her May 11 arrest.

The arrest has rekindled the debate of teacher safety.

Shortly after the arrest, Joe Vitalo, the president of the Hernando Classroom Teachers Association, told TBO.com that Hadsock was just acting out of fear.

"Society needs to realize that children need to stop being raised that it's OK to curse at our teachers and use them as punching bags," he said.

Hadsock was placed on administrative leave until the investigation was finished - but it was the first time she had ever been disciplined in her 23 year career in the school district.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz1OKHrd5CK

Good for her. My mother recently retired from teching the 4th grade. What can you do when you have 9 year olds handing out drugs in class and they only suspend him for a week, and let him back in the class. She got a group of pyschos, and after they upped to the next grade they split them up and had teachers dealing with them retire left and right if they had the years (additional motivation came from financial cuts of course).

The education industry is insane now. Why is it evrywhere else in life people don't have put up with the BS, and teachers do.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
    - Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

Originally posted by SCV-Sop View Post
      ...Why is it evrywhere else in life people don't have put up with the BS...
      I think every industry has to put up with plenty of BS. I would think cops have it worse than teachers.

Comment

Seems like he had it coming. 64 year old woman delivering a punch to the face of a kid that verbally abused her and possibly shoved her first???? Yeah...get some lady!
        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Aw come-on Smurfette, no blessing for the 16 year-old brat? You're getting old...

-V

Comment

I know...I know....I'm pretty sure that at the point he assaulted grandma (verbally or otherwise), he was beyond any power of blessing
            sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Did you watch the video????? Jeez Louise...
              sigpic

Comment

Nice kid. He's definitely on the right path...

-V

Comment

I don't know why the issue is teacher v/s student. At that moment in time, it was aggressor and victim, despite their other 'titles.' Given the size difference, age difference, his aggression (verbal, physical), her backed into a corner (so to speak) and his lunging at her...yeah, she was justified whether he physically laid hands on her or not. I don't have to wait for you to hit me (civilian world or LE) to defend myself from what I believe to be an oncoming assualt and who is the fool that WOULD wait for someone to throw the first punch in this situation. She told him to back up...he did the opposite and I would have (in her shoes) thought he was going to assault me. She stopped as soon as his threat did. She deserves a GD pay raise and an apology.
                  sigpic

Comment

If I were the one sent to that, that kid would've been the one wearing cuffs for Unlawful Imprisonment, and Menacing 3rd. Plain and simple.

-V

Comment

Good grief, he had her backed in a corner and was advancing. What did he think was going to happen? That boy's parents need to crack down on him hard before it's too late. It's probably too late now. My wife is a school teacher and she is going to retire as soon as she can draw the pension. Some of the parents are just as whacked as the students. The fruit does not fall far from the tree in a lot of these cases.

*I will make no public comment regarding what would happen to a 16 year old that threatened my wife. Some things are best left unsaid.
                      When you are dead, you don't know you're dead. It is difficult only for the others around you.

It is the same when you are stupid.

Comment

I'm surprised this stuff doesn't happen more often...I don't know how teachers do it...
                        sigpic

Comment

Wow! Good shot!!!!

That kid should have been arrested for sure..
                          Yeah. That would go poorly. Like, on the Scale of Fail, somewhere between "Titanic" and "Chernobyl."
                          --Squirrel

Comment

That was some decent hits. Glad she defended herself, as she should and also won't face any charges.

Comment

It was CLEARLY self defense. It is obsurd that she was arrested in the first place.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3838 users online. 242 members and 3596 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X