• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rest Easy, Marshall...

thanks for the times - good and bad!

Theme From GUNSMOKE

James Arness
    Last edited by SgtCHP; 06-03-2011, 03:03 PM. Reason: Sorry, should only be one "L" in Marshal
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Hate to hear it!!!!!!!! He seemed to be a all around good person. I guess Buck Taylor is the last remaining cast member of Gunsmoke.

Comment

Never missed Gunsmoke. One of a kind show and Arness was a class act Godspeed.
      The All New
      BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
      Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
      - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Sad to hear. The way he portrayed his character (Marshall Dillon not the Thing!), always gave this "wannabe" (as a kid) a good idea of how a "lawman" should carry himself. Are there any similar characters (or those who portray them) out there today?
        "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

A real hero in my book.....

He was on the Anzio Beach Head on Jan 21, 1944, and was ordered to to be the first one out of the landing craft because of his height......so they could see how high the water was at the beach head (water was up to his chest)......

He was a rifleman with 2nd Platoon, E Compaly 2/7 Infantry Regiment of the 3ID (Rock of the Marne) and was wounded in action in the leg and was released from service in Jan of 1945.

His decorations include the Bronze Star, Purple Hear, European/African/Middle Eastern Campaign Medal with 3 bronze battle stars, the WW2 Victory Medal......and the coveted Combat Infantry Badge (CIB).....

Rest in Peace........

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4371 users online. 204 members and 4167 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X