Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bounce
    replied
    Following something this past weekend they continually drifted over the lane line to their right. They'd correct but would then drift back. Not a weave over both L&R lines though. Looking at the driver, it was clear his head was looking about 30-45 degrees to the right and slightly downward. He was either texting or watching his DVD player.

As a motorcyclist I've been noticing this stuff for years. When they crowded me out once in my GMC Sierra Extended Cab, I knew it wasn't just a motorcycle thing.

Leave a comment:

• willbird
    replied
    Driving in Toledo, OH this weekend we encountered at least 4 people driving 10 under the limit and wandering, every one had their eyes glued to a phone in their hand not the road. I never really noticed a problem before this weekend.

Bill

Leave a comment:

• Crimy
    replied
    Can you hear me now?

Leave a comment:

• LE_Hopeful23
    replied
    dont text while driving but you can go ahead and film a cell phone video while you're driving!!

Leave a comment:

• jannino
    replied
    is there an actual article for this?

Leave a comment:

• 2Eagles
    replied
    i dont text when i drive but i sure do sext

Leave a comment:

• chad7613
    replied
    Have you ever tried to text with a T9 phone while doing something else? It's not really all that friggen easy. I'm guilty of texting and driving once in a while but I would never let myself start doing that kind of stuff on the road. Honestly most of the time when I'm texting someone as I'm getting into my car I send a quick text saying 'hey, I'm driving I'll get back to you in a bit' so that I don't have to do it while moving. If I do text while on the road it's usually while sitting at a red light, not while actually moving. Some people just can't multi task.

Leave a comment:

• Lendog
    replied

Leave a comment:

• M1garand
    replied
    because of an A-hole like that driver, other people got involved in the accident. I hope the state has no texting while driving law to charge that bungho with criminal charges.

Leave a comment:

• gobigred5
    replied
    Originally posted by MargeGunderson View Post
    From that, I infer he was still texting, sitting there in his now-mangled car!

dude, cn u b-leve it i just rekt! sum idiot i dint c musta run me off d rode
    Originally posted by Rookie5 View Post
    He must have been texting a whole life's story to have travelled that far.
    If I was texting while driving and I drifted in the opposite lane like he did the first time, that would make me put the phone down for at least a little while. I am not sure why he didn't stop after he was almost taken out the first time, that makes me think he was intoxicated.

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
    I fixed your grammar mistake...
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• MargeGunderson
    replied
    ...ran over to the car (while still recording) and made sure the driver was OK. The driver told the man that was recording that he was texting someone."
    From that, I infer he was still texting, sitting there in his now-mangled car!

dude, cn u b-leve it i just rekt! sum idiot i dint c musta run me off d rode

Leave a comment:

• Rookie5
    replied
    Originally posted by gobigred5 View Post

"People - he was texting. I saw this on the news yesterday and in the full vid the driver ran over to the car (while still recording) and made sure the driver was OK. The driver told the man that was recording that he was texting someone." - YouTube Comment
    He must have been texting a whole life's story to have travelled that far.

Leave a comment:

• Aerohead
    replied
    Originally posted by gobigred5 View Post
    Wow. The second I saw that I would be talking with dispatch telling them to hurry their *** over here, then tell them they might as well start an ambulance when the car collided.
    You tell me over the phone to hurry my a** up and get someone there I'll hang up on your a** - cars don't drop out of the sky moron - sometimes there just aren't cars available to chase after someone who is possibly drunk or texting on their phone...and you don't tell people on 911 how to do their jobs jacka** - just give the location and what's going on...commentary isn't needed nor the "help" of who to send...and I fixed your spelling mistake...

Leave a comment:

• gobigred5
    replied
    Wow. The second I saw that I would be talking with dispatch telling them to hurry there *** over here, then tell them they might as well start an ambulance when the car collided.

"People - he was texting. I saw this on the news yesterday and in the full vid the driver ran over to the car (while still recording) and made sure the driver was OK. The driver told the man that was recording that he was texting someone." - YouTube Comment

So where is the full video?

Leave a comment:

• Till
    replied
    Originally posted by BigW View Post
    So instead of calling the popo the guy is filming this? WTH?
    Apparently in another video, he says he did, and was continuing filming so he could show them the video.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4367 users online. 259 members and 4108 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X