• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MN gun rights advocate dies

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/n...th-june-3-2011

Minneapolis Gun Rights Advocate Joel Rosenberg Dies

Updated: Friday, 03 Jun 2011, 10:04 AM CDT
    Published : Friday, 03 Jun 2011, 9:04 AM CDT

MINNEAPOLIS - Joel Rosenberg, a Minneapolis gun rights advocate and author of several fantasy novels, has died. His wife, Felicia, posted a message on the “Free Joel Rosenberg” website, saying he died Thursday evening at Hennepin County Medical Center.

“On Wednesday afternoon, June 1, 2011, Joel had a respiratory depression that caused a heart attack, anoxic brain damage and major organ failure. Despite the very best efforts of the paramedics and the team at Hennepin County Medical Center, Joel was pronounced brain dead at around 5:37 p.m. Thursday June 2nd, In accordance with his wishes, he shared the gift of life through organ and tissue donation.”

Rosenberg was set to stand trial in August for bringing a gun to Minneapolis City Hall.

Last December, he brought his handgun to a meeting with Sgt. Bill Palmer to pick up some reports Rosenberg had requested. Palmer immediately disarmed him and repeatedly asked him to take the gun out of the building, but Rosenberg refused. After a couple of minutes, Rosenberg agreed to leave, and after removing the bullets Palmer gave him his gun back.

Rosenberg was arrested for having a dangerous weapon in a courthouse and contempt of court.

Joel Rosenbrg is survived by his daughters, Judith Eleanor and Rachel Hannah, and his wife, Felicia Herman.

Rest in Peace.

Its sad he's dead. He should have left his weapon secured in his car, or at least left when ordered to.
    sigpic
    Don't make me gassy.
    You wouldn't LIKE me when I'm gassy...

If you're offended by something that I've said...it was just your turn.

Comment

To say he was instrumental in makin CCW in MN would be an understatement. We owe a lot to him.

Comment

Originally posted by ComicGuy View Post
        Its sad he's dead. He should have left his weapon secured in his car, or at least left when ordered to.
        I agree, that doesn't help the cause. He does not look very old in the photo. Sad.
        It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4951 users online. 295 members and 4656 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X